Total answer to oil problems?
  • Help

Default Total answer to oil problems?

I'm still on to the Total distributors regarding getting us a "deal" on their range as recommended by the manufacturers.
    I seem to be having problems getting the info out of them possibly due to a bit of a "changing of the guard" in their office with the lady there leaving at Christmas due to the pending birth of her baby in the new year & the rep just getting married (it's kosher, they've both confirmed there's no connection)
    I think part of the hold up could be the introduction of a new range which seems very interesting including lubricants suitable for diesels with particle filters (C5 for one) as well as a range of low end rated oils; synth & semi.
    Thought it may be worth posting their website so if & when a deal is worked out with Total, people interested will know the kinds of oils recommended & what they are claimed to do.

http://www.lubricants.total.com/en//part2/index.htm

Advertisement

Alan S

XTC

Car's in for service today, probably will go full synthetic ... lets see what this TOTAL stuff is like

- XTC206 -

Bet I get a 206 1.4 auto loaner
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Car's in for service today, probably will go full synthetic ... lets see what this TOTAL stuff is like

- XTC206 -

Bet I get a 206 1.4 auto loaner
    I wonder how good Total oil is. Normally Allpikes uses Shell Helix. They don't specify what type of Shell Helix oil they use though.

When I had my car in for service a couple of weeks ago, I got a 307 XS manual as a loaner. You might be lucky.

Troy.
    Last edited by TroyO; 8th December 2003 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    I wonder how good Total oil is. Normally Allpikes uses Shell Helix. They don't specify what type of Shell Helix oil they use though.
    As a normal owner (ie. someone who doesn't rush to the lab to have the oil analysed after 10,000km), can you really tell any difference between the oils in a modern car?

When I had my car in for service a couple of weeks ago, I got a 307 XS manual as a loaner. You might be lucky.
    All of the loan vehicles at my dealer are auto (I think that is understandable) - interesting that they offer manuals at Allpikes.

BTW, first half next year, South Perth, Pugnuts will finally have some choice

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    As a normal owner (ie. someone who doesn't rush to the lab to have the oil analysed after 10,000km), can you really tell any difference between the oils in a modern car?
    In modern cars I don't know. Maybe it's only something you can tell in older cars. Different oils made a different in my Fiat, mainly in the area of tappet noise.

All of the loan vehicles at my dealer are auto (I think that is understandable) - interesting that they offer manuals at Allpikes.
    Normally all the loan vehicles are 206 auto's. I was surprised to get the 307 manual. I'm not complaining though.

BTW, first half next year, South Perth, Pugnuts will finally have some choice
    I've heard on the grapevine that it was going to be Osborne Park (which is north of the river).

Troy.

I've heard on the grapevine that it was going to be Osborne Park (which is north of the river).
    Near the Renault dealer? Ahh yes, we drove by one night when visiting a friend in Scarborough.

I was told South Perth - my source is someone very important at Peugeot Ahwell, wait a few months and we'll see.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

I would be interested in getting some Total Oil.. Just need to know what oil spec would be best for the 1989 405 Mi16. Also prices would be great, i guess it depends on the quantity that is ordered..
    THE MAD PUGGA

1989 405 Mi16 (PGT-405)

I was interested also. I remember answering a message before but i never heard a thing from it....

Thread Information