Hello from London
  • Help
    nJm

Default Hello from London

Hi everyone!

I'm having a great time, and luckily it has been quite warm (it was 11degrees the other day!) for winter.

Advertisement

You'd all love all the cars over here. Not a rice mobile in sight, and millions of froggies everywhere. Just in my street there is a multitude of 205s and a Renault 21 Estate. I saw a Renault Advantime thingo on my first day, heaps of Espaces (both old and new) and naturally all the little hatches like Renault Twingo, Citroen Saxo and Pug 106s. Quite a few C5s and heaps and heaps of 406s in the areas where people actually have room to park a car outside their house.

I must say though, there is a lot of Fiat Puntos everywhere. The new Skodas look pretty cool, but my fav is the new Seat Leon. Oh yeah, Alan S will be pleased to know I've lost count of how many really good condition BX's I've seen. Obviously the lack of sunlight helps to keep the plastics in good order .
    There are hardly any japanese cars in Ealing and central London. You might see the occaisional euro honda (rebadged Rovers) or a toyota corolla / nissan primera but that is it. I do love the new Nissan Micra though, very funny looking (makes the C3 look very macho too!). It is always funny hearing what sounds like a bus/truck and looking around to see a tiny Ford Fiesta making all that noise. Most larger cars are diesel around here. Heaps of Audi A4 Estates with the diesel engine.

You would all love the "Men & Motors" 24 hour TV channel on SKY. I'll try to tape some stuff off it.

I don't know why people are complaining about the rise in public transport costs in Melbourne when a daily ticket is 4.50 here. I won't be getting the train today as a WW2 bomb has been found just near one of the train stations (White City) on the Central line (my line, and the main one into the city) so will probably bum around the house and watch something on TV (SKY provides something like 500 channels...)

Cya all and hope the weather is nice down there
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Yeah, london is pretty cool. I first saw one of the 206cc's over there last year... before i had even seen one here... than when i came back, i started seeing em pop up everywhere..
    THE MAD PUGGA

1989 405 Mi16 (PGT-405)

Default UK Froggies

Hey Nick,
    you go for it!!!! Froggie cars in the UK are pretty common EH???
    Great to see the diversity in makes and models; none of which
    we would ever see in Oz...
    Very cheap to buy a frogger in the UK (just that little bit different);
    but worth a heap to ship back here....
    Try Earl's Court (Kangaroo Valley), for some really hot frogger
    car action... Only ever seen the best of around there...
    Espescially Pugs!!!!
    Enjoy your trip...

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemypug
    Try Earl's Court (Kangaroo Valley), for some really hot frogger car action... Only ever seen the best of around there...Espescially Pugs!!!!
    The LAST thing you want to do is hang out with Australians in another country .. you can do that here if you want !!!

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    The LAST thing you want to do is hang out with Australians in another country .. you can do that here if you want !!!

- XTC206 -
    they are easy to find though
    just listen for noise and you are sure to find a pub full of aussie gits getting drunk while the poms are trying to keep up
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Nick,

I'd suggest you don't miss the opportunity to make contact with a fellow frogger, Jon Wood, at German, Swedish & French car parts (GSF....formerly Andyspares) at Heathrow.
    Gives you the chance to get some local info as well as meet some of the guys you may want to deal with in time to come.
    If you want to go into opposition to DeKa, see if you can grab a fistfull of GSF/Andyspares.com stickers while you're there and if you've got some aussiefrogs stickers, check on Jon's current supply

Alan S

P.S. Nice to hear about the BXs

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    they are easy to find though just listen for noise and you are sure to find a pub full of aussie gits getting drunk while the poms are trying to keep up
    They (the poms) are probably still drunk from the RWC win .. then again why would you want to be sober when living in the UK

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Hey NJM. Need a cheap (and seriously fast) runabout?

Renault 21 turbo for sale G reg, MOT till july 2004, needs work on but runs has a new turbo and rad, 112000 miles 250ono was going to do it up. I am in farnborough, hants M3 J4 tel 01276 35863

Red Phase 3 R21 T for sale
    Reasonable condition.
    Could use a bit of attention (call for details).
    I would give it the attention myself if I had any time!
    Runs fine. Still fast (as expected).
    M.O.T till August 2004.
    Drive as is, or use as a project car!
    I am in Sussex.

Please call me on 07971 065417.

hello i am selling my 21 turbo. h reg, grey,black leather in good nick,usual dump valve,k&n cone air filter,good tyres,5 inch stainless exhaust blows a little though single back box awsome sound lol,test til jun next year,sunroof works, window on back passenger side doesnt work,other than that its all a ok,feel free to call me to look at the car i live in west yorkshire well worth a look 650 07814532085 andy

Its a Red Ph 1, E plate, no rust, 97500 on the clock, I'm the second owner, nice drive.
    Just had Tax and 1 year MOT, full service and new front discs and pads.
    Needs sunroof sorting out and possibly abs targets.
    All yours to drive away 850

BTW I'm in London (SW)
    Last edited by Haakon; 7th December 2003 at 11:28 AM.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Thread Information