Range Rover Forums?
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Range Rover Forums?

I know this isnt french but hey, are any 4wd's?
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a page like aussie frogs but for Range Rovers?
    hope someone can help out

Advertisement
    63' 403 Sedan, Cream (OMY-403)
    63' 403 Sedan, Blue

www.ihate4wds.com.au
    www.rangeroversrgay.com.au

sorry man i just cant stand 4wd's

1000+ Posts

I think Range Rovers are great.

My uncle got one as a transport for his wifes 3 german shepherds. Its an awesome car, but a total waste having it sit under a carport except for when they go to their holiday house.

Don't you love conspicuous consumption?
    Tim

2016 Lexus RX450h

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    I think Range Rovers are great.

My uncle got one as a transport for his wifes 3 german shepherds. Its an awesome car, but a total waste having it sit under a carport except for when they go to their holiday house.

Don't you love conspicuous consumption?
    I know german sheps are clever, but how do they drive a Range Rover? Mind you your uncle is generous buying them a car of their own

And by the Timmy, there are French 4WDs - think of the 2CV Sahara! (I'm sure Alan will find a pic link for one)
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Actually, if you go to the downloads section there's something even better.
    There's the comparison between Louis Barbers 2CV 4WD and a Land Rover discovery ("Top Gear"? Road test comparison) where the 2CV absolutely kicks its arse.
    Please note: I have refrained from referring to them as "Wank Tanks" aren't I getting good?

Alan S

Lets also not forget the Renault Scenic 4WD.
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

And the Peugeot 505 Dangel...

And yeah, I think Range Rovers are great also. I nearly bought one, until reality hit and I realised I couldn't afford to buy it and maintain it. I will have one - one day...

Timmy, check out this site: Australian Range Rover Pages

Lots of interesting Rangy info, and a forum with some handy people hanging around. I lurked around here for ages when deciding if I should buy a Rangy or not.

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

For a short time we lived at a place with 4WD only access (we had to tow a few people who tried to get there in 2WDs). We had a choice of a 5 year old Landcruiser or a 10 year old Range Rover for the same price. The Rangie was so expensive to fix and needed so much doing that we took the Toyota. What a shitheap!
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Id have a Range Rover vogue...

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Id have a Range Rover vogue...
    ....and you'd possibly look quite refined in it Daniel; a bit like Royalty, they drive them I think don't they?
    Who do you reckon you'd look like? Charlie or Fergie

Alan S

These vehicles seem to lose value pretty quicky - not so sure about the BMW based models, but the rest seem to be a fair bit cheaper than other 4wds of the same vintage. I cant work out why so many I've looked out boast new motors, but have done relatively low kms like 158,000 ? You'd think any large v8 would last way past that.

Last edited by BogMaster; 30th November 2003 at 07:46 PM.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    These vehicles seem to lose value pretty quicky - not so sure about the BMW based models, but the rest seem to be a fair bit cheaper than other 4wds of the same vintage. I cant work out why so many I've looked out boast new motors, but have done relatively low kms like 158,000 ? You'd think any large v8 would last way past that.

Taking any bias out of the debate, but the original design of the motor was to power a big yank tank, not a big wank tank so you'd have to imagine that Buick would have designed it to cope with long highway runs not slow heavy pulling runs in the vast outback, up mountains, through bogs and impenetrable scrub....Oh forgot, I'll start again; perhaps it's design being for long highway hauls makes it unsuitable to run the kids to school and soccer on Saturday

Alan S

Range Rovers are like Pugs....they get into your blood and stay there. I have owned 23 Range Rovers in the last 25 years from 1972 to 1999 models and apart from breaking a rear diff half way across the Simpson Desert in 1981 I have never had a failure. I have seen early model RR's do 500 000 kms without the heads ever coming off. The new ones I don't believe would do this. The best models to buy are the early 4 door 4 speed cars 82-84, and the pre EAS autos 90-92. THe model to avoid is 1986..... first inj. engine, first unleaded, first 4speed auto, and a not very strong 5 speed. Early RR's are excellent value for money with good examples avail. for 4 to 6K.I am a past pres. of the RRCV and if I can help with any questions about RR,s I will be only too happy to help.With economy in mind I recently sold the 99 RR and purchased a Nissan 3.0 intercooled turbo diesel auto. I had a power chip fitted and it,s as quick as the 4.6 litre V8 RR. Regards Hank.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Wow look at the thread that jumped up when I searched for "Range" thinking it would bring up my thread.

This week my workplace is shifting out to the technology center at ballarat.... As the crow flows through the bush from my place that's only a couple of k's.

On google maps the path to follow is clear as day. I thought I could ride a moutain bike through the bush to work and back for fun. The old CX is always happy to drive down a bit of gravel too.....

All I can say is OMFG ... I tried to get through today. Luckily I jumped into the range rover. I never understood the staggering capabilities of this thing. I immediately got completely lost. there's bloody countless tracks crossing each other .... damn, how the hell could anyone find there way around the bushland. Damn Rangie is like a bloody mountain goat ... unbelievable what it drives over. Finally I found my way through (no I couldn't retrace my tracks to get back... completely lost ). This time I decided to follow a different track that comes is under high voltage lines ...... My bloody jaw just about hit the floor .... I leaned forward and looked upward ..... Surely no wheeled vehicle could climb that cliff face without flipping end for end .... Yes it appears to have tire tracks on it ............................. Only a complete total f@#ckwit would try and drive up that .... so I stuck it in low range and grabbed 2nd gear .... about a quarter of the way up I realised it was full of MASSIVE ditches/ridges OMFG ........ I grabbed 1st low and flipped the center diff lock on ......................Barely a wheel slip ... straight up we went ... The axles must pivot from the middle ..... the axle articulation is simply phenomenal to drive through those ditches climbing like that.

Ask me if I'm dumbfounded and impressed with what a shitty old V8 Range Rover car do

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Range Rover Forums?-bush.jpg  
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post

Only a complete total f@#ckwit would try and drive up that .... so I stuck it in low range and grabbed 2nd gear ....seeya,
    Shane L.
    Shane, I think you have the qualities to get a job on Top Gear. I feel there is a bond between you and Jeremy Clarkson.

John

Thread Information