Is there anything to see in Paris in Feb?
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 Is there anything to see in Paris in Feb?

I might be in Paris for a few days next Febuary.
    Has anybody been there recently in winter and found something to to see & do that they would recomend?
    Has the Citroen museum / display been opened to the public yet?
    We may be transitting from Channel Is. to St.Malo and then Paris, on our way home - any advice?

Advertisement

Last time I was in Paris some mongrel broke into my 203C!!!
    So many projects - so little time.

nJm

I'm going to be in Paris for 3 days in December so I'll let you know what I see .
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

I don't know if you like football like i do, but i'd always love to see a PSG (Paris St Germain) game, or any football game in the french ligue for that matter.

We've got heaps of friends over their & i know the nightclubs are meant to be really amazing.

Have fun anyway i'm sure you'll love it.

BTW keep you mouth shut when you are looking at them french birds

Tadpole

I just got back 2 weeks ago from Italy and spent 3 days in Paris on the way home. Hard work eh? On the Champs Elysees Citreon, Peugeot and Renault all have fantastic showrooms with their latest on display. As well as a few concept cars that I guess aern't making the rounds in the car shows. The Renault one especially is fantastic, its a massive multi media showroom with laser lights, computers etc. and a restaurant! The Peugeot one is pretty small and had only 4 cars; an old but immaculate 1930's grand tourer, a modern concept version of the same car, a 307cc and a great looking 2 door touring station wagon, brilliant! Pop down the road and you'll also see the Mercedes one with the AMG/Mclaren with a price tag of about $1 million. I don't know about the Citreon museum.

Other than that there's not much except the amazing food, great wine, great art, fantastic architecture, gorgeous women........

My brother's just been around europe, including a week in Paris. I'm picking him up from the airport this afternoon, so I'll ask him what was worth seeing. But it is Paris, I very much doubt you'll have any trouble sorting out a fantastically packed three days!

Nick

nJm

The hotel I'm staying in is directly opposite the Louvre

No doubt I'll go and check all the art and stuff out. I want to see their metric things. Apparently they have a rock that is excatly 1kg, a pole that is exactly 1m long etc. Napoleon was great for some things
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Hello people - Retromobile 2004...

Thread Information