Anti frog or just!!
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Icon8 Anti frog or just!!

I wonder if any other Froggy forum owners have had a misguided
    letter from the Victorian EPA lately based on an eroneous report from a "member of the public"

A Fuego owner received a letter from the Environment Protection Authority informing that their vehicle had been observed emitting pollutants . Because the 'observation report was made by a member of the public" there would be "no action required, but warned that if police or other transport authorities observed smoke emitting in the future that the person could be fined etc. etc. "severe penalties".....

Advertisement

I examined the Fuego, and the engine is NOT emitting any smoke or any sign of pollutants other that the normal exhaust emission, it has all components of its pollution control gear fitted and working correctly. One can only assume that this is either a french car hater (Fuego hater?) or some dickhead that just sets out to make a nuisance of themselves. What car will I pick on today???

Of course that big word "privacy" prevents government departments releasing details of the alleging driver/ member of the public, so the anonomous "B" can continue his or her merry way making unfounded reports.....

It would be nice to bring them to account. The EPA is notorious for allowing
    anonomous reports (even in the case of police personnel) (who should be identifiable in any report of a vehicle) (at least one fellow is known for the number of reports he submits just to get back at motorists he doesn't like inthe hope that they will be penalised by them being put through the expense of tests to prove their vehicles were NOT faulty)

This whole privacy thing is a nonsense! if a person is prepared to make an allegation against another motorist they should be held to account where their allegation is baseless.

Another "Privacy" swindle (current in Victoria) involves rent - a - car firms providing the name and licence details of a past rental customer as the person who was driving one of their cars when it is booked by a Council Parking Officer, and Councils refusing to withdraw these fines, insisting they are within their rights to prosecute the "nominated driver"

When you ask who was the person who nominated the driver they cite "privacy" in their refusal to provide the details of the actual owner- You actually have to take the matter to the point of court proceedings and it is only when you warn that costs will be sought against the council that they back down!

I'm told this is "a common practice" but nobody including the councils/police will follow through and prosecute the false declarations made by these smarties even though it would be a "walk up" investigation for them. (but it is o.k. to put the screws on innocent people.

Anyway I would be interested if any other "Froggy" owners have had similar experiences - maybe we should join the rort and start nominating (Bloody Volvo) (BMW's) (Fords) (Holdens) or any other breed of vehicle/driver we don't like with the EPA anonomous scheme!!!

PS the "privacy" concealment won't work for other offences like speeding. Only in these circumstances described I believe...

Ken (what is the world coming to!!!)

I'd suggest you keep an eye out for your local member & use his/her rego number as a cause for complaint. See how well the "privacy provisions" work then. If you get fingered, use that as basis for a complaint as a breach of the Privacy act!!
    Unfortunately it's the omly language our current crop of fascist pubic servants and their masters understand; public humiliation.

Alan S

Find the bastard and run him down Ken.....that's the Froggy way!

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Sorry ken, it was just a joke.

No in all seriousness, that shocks me .

Why would anyone go to the extra effort to do something like that?

Could have been some tree hugging greeny dobbing in every car owner in a effort to get everyone riding bicycles to work

1000+ Posts

Thanks fellow froggers

It would be nice to strike back as you say, but being a nice law abiding bloke that would be a little out of character. I am a believer in the old saying "what goes around comes around", but on the other hand, I can tell you that if the same "B,s" does something similar to me personally, he or she will have more grief (werribee duck style!) than they could imagine!

Its amazing what you can find out if you put your mind to the task to pinpoint the actual source!

Meanwhile I suppose we should be aware that beaurocracy can be manipulated and exploited. I will be trying to pressure the EPA to be more circumspect in their response to "anonomous complaints" lest they become the servant of the malicious!!

Ken

Thread Information