$8,500 off C5s!
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: $8,500 off C5s!

Default $8,500 off C5s!

Gee, I got your attention there Seriously though, it's no bull.

I was just reading through What Car, and couldn't believe Citroen UK is offering GBP 3500 off C5 HDis back in September (the current offer is now GBP 3005, roughly AUD 7.5k off), damn good in anyone's books - see Citroen's promos page). They're offering the same amount off some Xsara Picasso models too, damn cheap if you ask me. Citroens have generally been pretty good value, but when you couple the above offers with the standard package, it's an amazing deal.

I knew Citroen is now PSA's value arm, but crikey that's a damn good deal. It's practically like someone going, "Hey, 20% off!".

Do we have anything downunder that comes close. I'm just surprised Citroen is so open with such a huge discount, in percentage terms that is simply huge. I've found Toyota dealers are pretty easy on price, people seem to carve huge discounts off RRP. Forget about the RRP plus onroads, everyone I know seems to drive away getting onroads for free. If you can't get such a deal, it seems you haven't tried.

What are some good deals you've encountered? I have to admit haggling when buying a car is part of the experience.

Advertisement

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Fellow Frogger!

my old man bought a camry touring in 99 for $34k on the road retail was $38,990 plus on roads. I later in 99 bought mine for $33.5k inc on roads. considering retail on road was about $42k not a bad discount although later found out that their absolute min well for another dealer anyway was $32k on road. so toyota definately have a lot of room to move.

my dad recently updated to the V6 Sportivo $35k on road however that was when they first came out I believe you can get better than that as they're not selling too many 6s mainly the 4cyc Sportivos

That's a fantastic discount, both in nominal and percentage terms.

The 4cyl VVTi engine is pretty good, I don't think the V6 is hugely superior (smooth though). Whilst the 4 cyl doesn't have astronomical specs on paper, it does the job well. I've never come across such a refined four potter before.

In regards to the Froggies here, I think Renault are the most willing to deal (does Nissan's 'volume seller' attitude as an influence here?). Citroen have some very impressive promotions (the various packs on the C5, driveaway on Xsara are great - leather seems like a standard option on C5s these days ). Peugeot are a little boring, unless you want a 607

One thing I did notice when I was shopping around last year was I was getting deals below Renault's invoice price. I suspect that Renault was giving away some reasonable rebates to dealers.

To be honest though, the Aussie car market isn't as exciting with promotions and discounts as the UK and US. US buyers seem to have more information, and that is power - you can pull up lots of really useful specific shopping info on various sites like Edmunds (unlike the generic haggling tips we often find here). None of the Aussie magazines or papers publish "target prices" for cars, none publish details on manufacturers' rebates, etc.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    None of the Aussie magazines or papers publish "target prices" for cars, none publish details on manufacturers' rebates, etc.
    I wouldn't want to be hurting any of my paying clients either ...

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    I wouldn't want to be hurting any of my paying clients either ...
    Gee those overseas pubs are gutsy then

Does anyone know of any other big media suck ups like Toyota's with the Camry. Last year Toyota bought 10,000 copies of Wheels to get the Camry on the front cover and cover for any circulation shortfall as a result.

Officially the decision to put the Camry on the front cover was an 'editorial' decision because readers wanted to see something other than a Falcon or Commodore on the front. Yeah right!

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Thread Information