Citroen at Noosa Hillclimb
  • Register
  • Help

Icon12 Citroen at Noosa Hillclimb

I was told the other day that the guys who ran the Traction at Speed on the Tweed intended going to Noosa & competing with a BX.
    By rights it should have been 2 BXs but somehow the club managed to screw up the entry for Brad's series one 16V which may be just as well as the octopus decided to fall apart as a result of the fire damage so had he gone down, he'd have needed to carry a 20 litre drum of LHM in the boot with an automatic feed...hopefully next year and hopefully with the new octipus and the LSD ....bet that'll have 'em looking.
    The car that's entered should be either Alec Lowe or Lance Collins.
    I'll post as soon as I get some results.

Alan S

Advertisement

Cal

Neil and I were at the hillclimb yesterday. The Light 15 was driven by Alec Lowe and the BX by Lance Collins. Was a great day with some wonderful cars competing. Pity it was too hot in the pits to spend long looking at the cars. We adjourned to the forest for a cold beer and to watch the action. Such a great hillclimb venue. Can't wait to run it again next year in the Qld Challenge. Should be more events there in the year. Did you go Alan?

Cheers,

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    Neil and I were at the hillclimb yesterday. The Light 15 was driven by Alec Lowe and the BX by Lance Collins. Was a great day with some wonderful cars competing. Pity it was too hot in the pits to spend long looking at the cars. We adjourned to the forest for a cold beer and to watch the action. Such a great hillclimb venue. Can't wait to run it again next year in the Qld Challenge. Should be more events there in the year. Did you go Alan?

Cheers,

Cal.
    I didn't get there but next year I should be right; sons finalising year 12 others in the middle of Uni exams and other local dramas all take their toll. Hopefully, next year I'll have a vested interest in it.
    How did Lance go in the BX?
    I haven't had any results yet as I haven't had a chance to talk to the prodigal son!!

Alan S

Cal

I didn't catch the time for the BX. I was too busy being gob smacked by John Siddons 3rd outright in his 260Z. Faster that a few purpose built, bike engined, hillclimb specials and all of the Super 7's. The Traction was impressive for such an old girl. Must have been amazing in their day.

Cal.
    Last edited by Cal; 17th November 2003 at 04:23 PM.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Well I had a quick vague response as we passed going through the door.
    It seems the BX went particularly well but as yet he doesn't have the times. He was working on second hand info (the driver of the black XJS Jag) but as soon as he has the info he'll pass it on.
    From what I understand, it was only an 8 valve too so I'd imagine the series one with an LSD might make an impression.

Alan S

Thread Information