Victoria: Zero tolerance..Iraq: Zero care
  • Register
  • Help

Default Victoria: Zero tolerance..Iraq: Zero care

Don't panic, this isn't political, it's a story of what it's like to drive a car or get a licence in Iraq and driving conditions.
    I know we whinge about the bullcrap we have to put up with but read the description of over there....somewhere in between should be about right.

Advertisement

"Welcome to what could be the toughest place in the world to learn to drive. In the Iraqi capital, accidents are settled with fists, headbutts or guns. Most traffic lights don't work and drivers ignore the ones that do."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...q_drivers_dc_1

Some of our d!(k#[email protected] politicians should be sent over there to sort it out: speed cameras, red light cameras, spot RWC checks I could see going down real well. Might suggest it; it's one way of getting rid of the useless tossers we have to put up with; strange isn't it how we seem to put up with bigger idiots than Countries used to dicataorships ever would.
    Whoops..............that's gettin' politikill innint?

Alan S

at least they know they are breaking the rules, unlike most drivers here who managed to buy a full licence before the law change a few years ago
    Current:
    09 Volvo XC70
    89 405 Mi16

Past Pugs
    02' 206 GTi
    90' 405 Mi16

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_Mi16
    at least they know they are breaking the rules, unlike most drivers here who managed to buy a full licence before the law change a few years ago

That's interesting you say that. I know when I had the Driving School, we were told that if any Kiwis came to us for a Queensland licence, we had to tell them that they could not drive here under any circumstances as a NZ licence was not recognized in Queensland and if caught, they would be charged with driving witout a licence.
    We weren't told about this "buying" a licence, what was it a few stray blank licences floating around or something more sinister?

Alan S

before the a law change about 5 yrs ago, after holding a restriceted licence (after a short test) for about 12mths (?) you could just go and pay $x and get your full licence ,no test ,no questions

great system huh?
    Current:
    09 Volvo XC70
    89 405 Mi16

Past Pugs
    02' 206 GTi
    90' 405 Mi16

Back in the late '70's I attempted to get a bus license, after about 6 lessons i was told, i was ready to sit the test & if i put $450 in the ashtray, behind my seat " For the Tester" I would sit my license the next day and PASS. If not it would take another $450 worth of lessons, with no (gaurantee) ??? of a pass, & it might take 2 or 3 tries with associated costs.
    What a scam. Told him to shove it where the Sun don't shine.

As a result of the complaint i made, the testing station was closed & the driving school was fined out of existance by the courts. chalk up one for the little fella.
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

Thread Information