Insurance
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Insurance

Icon8 Insurance

Does anyone know if insurance companys are obligated to fix the car asap?

Advertisement

i had my pug backed into a week ago and it smashed the headlight, the guy that did it admitted liability and arranged the insurance assesor to look at the car etc...

but ,they dont like the fact the headlight is over $800 + paint etc ,so they are trying to find a 2nd hand light, its been 8 days now and they have to come and look at the car again to work out which model light it is ,im getting pretty annoyed as im sure its not really that legal to have a smashed light (it still works) and i keep getting funny looks from other ppl

Thanks

Allan
    Current:
    09 Volvo XC70
    89 405 Mi16

Past Pugs
    02' 206 GTi
    90' 405 Mi16

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Is the guy paying for it out of his own pocket rather than going through the insurance company

Either way, ring the insurance company and blow your top, demand a replacement car until yours is fixed to your satifisfaction, as you are driving an unroadworthy vehicle. 2nd hand ISN'T good enough when it comes to an item like a headlight. The reflector will more than likely be sh!+ on an old light. DEMAND new, don't accept anything less !!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    PS: Forgot to mention, if you can't get anywhere, demand to speak to the telephone persons manager. Once you get high enough, things will hapen FASt (trust me, I've proven this over & over again )
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

The insurance company probably will use parts "consistant with the age of the vehicle".. Which is bad when it comes to certains items, like headlights.

My mum once had a car reapired by insurance company recommended repairer, annd they took an extra week just to find cheaper 2nd hand body parts...and finally when it is ready to pick up, we were told that they are still waiting for some small 2nd hand parts to arrive... Which never did, we have to chase it up.
    So much for "Recommended Repairer" saves money for the insurance company at our time expenses and effort. Not to mention that one headlight was bright the the other dull...

Fellow Frogger!

It is annoying, I had to wait over a month for parts for my car but I had a loan car in the meantime, all parts are brand new and had to come from France, I never go with reccomended reapirers as they seem to take shortcuts, I have to get a quote from repairer of my choice and reccomened repairer of insurance company. Check your insurance policy to see about replacement parts but they should supply you with a brand new item, ring them up and keep trying until you get the desired result, they always try to drag things out for as long as possible which is always an inconvience. Good Luck!
    05' Megane 225 Cup

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by pugsy
    I never go with reccomended reapirers as they seem to take shortcuts
    Yes .. they don't seem care ... they know they don't have to look you in the eye. Jobs halve done, done badly, not finished - heard plenty of Pug stories.

But remember the Space Shuttle was build by the lowest bidder !

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Developments.........

The insurance company have informed me that they guy that backed into me (who is a panel beating tutor) is still deciding wether to pay for it himself or make a claim ,i got a quote from the panel beater i work next to and it was $1158 (with new parts) so depending on his excess, he may pay for it.

So ,my car still has a smashed headlight (and its been raining) and im still clueless as to wahts happening
    Current:
    09 Volvo XC70
    89 405 Mi16

Past Pugs
    02' 206 GTi
    90' 405 Mi16

yay!, finally they are fixing my car ,albeit with a 2nd hand headlight

oh well, if its not up to scratch i will moan at them ,at least they are fixing up the stone chips at the same time

It only took 2 1/2 weeks for them to sort the claims etc. ,and really the panelbeater said they havnt really got the go ahead, but it will come. if it doenst i will see them in court
    Current:
    09 Volvo XC70
    89 405 Mi16

Past Pugs
    02' 206 GTi
    90' 405 Mi16

Thread Information