• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Club rego

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Default Club rego

a few questions i need cleared

Advertisement

club rego, you need to be a member of a club that i know and there is a club plate bloke that checks the car to make sure it passes. An in house pink slip if you will

what if you live too far to make it practical to get the car checked out every year ??

can you get your local pink slip bloke to check the car and the info sent to the club ??

also where does NSW stand in regards to trying to achieving a 90 day log book system as per SA and did the mexicans get theirs through ??

i don't want to join the local car club as the old farts that run it keep moving the goal posts as to the age of a vehicle allowed and the said old farts are of strong belief that a 90 day system will spell the end of car clubs
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo View Post
    a few questions i need cleared

club rego, you need to be a member of a club that i know and there is a club plate bloke that checks the car to make sure it passes. An in house pink slip if you will

what if you live too far to make it practical to get the car checked out every year ??

can you get your local pink slip bloke to check the car and the info sent to the club ??

also where does NSW stand in regards to trying to achieving a 90 day log book system as per SA and did the mexicans get theirs through ??

i don't want to join the local car club as the old farts that run it keep moving the goal posts as to the age of a vehicle allowed and the said old farts are of strong belief that a 90 day system will spell the end of car clubs
    You can be a member of any RTA recognised car club in NSW and most rely on the local pink slip option - who wants to take the risk of doing safety checks? CCCNSW has members around the state with historic rego.

The Council of Motor Clubs and the Bush Council I would expect are monitoring Vic and SA to see how it goes. I agree that the 90 day scheme would work well.

Old farts in car clubs and their stupid pig ignorant ways annoy the crap out of me. Unless your club is age (eg Pre WW2 Ford Club) or model specific (eg EH Owners club) and covers generic "classic cars" how can you expect the club and its vehicle heritage to survive unless you pull your head out of your @rse and realise that cars from the 1970s are now eligible to be on historic rego. WAKE UP YOU FOOLS!

In CCCNSW we are now in the time frame where early CXs and GSs are eligible or close to becoming eligible for historic rego. This will help to preserve some of these classic cars, regardless of their plastic ratio, into the historic motoring future.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

For classic cars (not counting Hot Rods), I think it is a CMC or Bush council member club that you need to be a member of - those are the ones recognised by the RTA rather than an "RTA recognised" club per se. Being pedantic I know, but if you rock into your RTA and ask for a list of recognised clubs, they'd stare at you blankly I suspect.

As UFO stated, most clubs use pink slips for annual renewals. Renault in NSW (RCCA) use pink slips for renewals and currently fully registered cars; and blue slips for total newies. One could argue that if you live far enough away to not be able to get "your car checked out", then you also live too far away to become an active member of the club. A lot of clubs may be wary of signing such people onto their scheme as in their minds the person applying is simply looking for cheap rego and may possibly abuse the scheme by virtue of being "out of sight, out of mind". Note that I say that recognising there is a significant difference to being a member of the club who lives remotely, versus a remote member who is also on a clubs' CRS. With that in mind, rather than a marque club, there are a lot of district or regional clubs that also offer CRS. I vaguely recall you being in Parkes, what clubs of this nature are there nearby?

As far as I know, CMC is intending to monitor the 90 scheme now it has been introduced into VIC as well, and there are no solid plans to introduce into NSW yet.

Hope this helps.
    KB
    KB

yes i am in parkes but the local club (run by old farts who only recognise pre 50's chevs) have a 35 year age limit

i have had a few 'discussions' with a few here about that rule but they are adamant that they will do what they can to keep 'plastic' of the scheme

my distance point was that i would rather not travel say a 10 hour round trip to have a car checked out but i do try to at least attend one event every year and i am not a member of any club

as my 604's are at the right age i would prefer to be able to use them more than what the current scheme allows but still be able to go to events

AFCD is one that i attend more often than not

the next club pageant is in young so good chance i'll go to that and if i had the time this year i would have gone to canberra, then there is the battle of waterloo and quite possibly a couple of other events thrown in the mix at times

but as i say, to do a 10 hour round trip just to basically get a pink slip was a major concern to me as that would be a big chunk of time wasted for me, if i didn't run a business 7 days a week it wouldn't be as bad but still i also have a young family so time is precious

the 90 day system is something that needs to be pushed and as far as i can see it will only benefit clubs and maybe , just maybe some younger people will join in and say ' hey dad, can i take the 504 to work for the week' just because he is able to and the car gets a better run and the younger people get a taste for driving these things
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

the 90 day system is something that needs to be pushed and as far as i can see it will only benefit clubs and maybe , just maybe some younger people will join in and say ' hey dad, can i take the 504 to work for the week' just because he is able to and the car gets a better run and the younger people get a taste for driving these things
    NOOOOOOoooooooo

Didn't you know... ?? Your not supposed to be able actually drive the car anywhere useful. The old foggies want them sitting in a shed getting polished each day **unless** they give you permission to drive the car to one of there events

You sound like you want to use the car for something useful .... Like drivng somewhere you need to go Are you insane

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

The age limit for CRS is set by the regulations agreed by the joint group that developed them (RTA, CMC, and NSW Police(?) as far as I can recall). I'm oretty sure it is 30yrs which means 1980 & 81 models just sneak in too, not just 70's and before. It seems a bit extraordinary if one particular club is choosing to add another 5 yrs onto that.

Your option then might be to find a club willing to accept you being remote that accepts pink slips for renewal; obtain a pink slip locally and renew via mail - mail your hard copy paperwork for signature and stamping and have it returned in time to trundle down your RTA before expiry for renewal. The CRS scheme cannot yet use the automated pink slip system (the computer can't handle the different numberplate number is what I heard), so it all has to be done hard copy in person anyhow.

Although we don't formally request logbooks, any additional trips must be logged by the registrar and we do calculate the mileage from this years pink slip to last years to check people aren't touring Australia on CRS!
    KB
    KB

. . . told farts are of strong belief that they will spell the end of car clubs
    There - fixed it for you. When when "ruling elites" realise that they are the prime reason for failures of clubs. There has to be "new blood" introduced to the management of the clubs for them to survive - regardless of the club being for older vehicles or playing tiddlywinks.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Just for information guys. (And to clear up any misunderstanding of what's been introduced down here.)

In Victoria (AKA Mexico) we've finally got the Club Permit Scheme (CPS) underway. (As of 1st of February)

Based around a 90 day (or 2 x 45 day) permit administered by a logbook being filled out before each journey.

Permit holders need to be a current financial member of a car club affiliated with the scheme, not necessarily a local one.

Cars (classics at least) must be 25 years or more old at the time of applying for a Permit. Cost is around $114.00 for the year (for 90 days, less for 45)

Vehicle eligibility can be by inspection by a Club representative (unwise as Craig mentions above) or by the presentation of a current Certificate of Roadworthiness.

I guess we have a small advantage for the moment in Vic as this is not needed once the Permit is granted. Annual renewal is just a signature from the car club approved signatory after showing proof of current membership status.

It's up to Clubs whether they limit cars to their specific Marque or not. Most Clubs are happy enough to accept non Marque cars as long as they comply. After all, a Member's a Member, and has to remain one as long as they want their Permit to be current.

The Scheme has been well received so far and is proving to be popular (at least insofar as I can judge in my role as Registrar for the Victorian Mini Club.)

Rambo, if you lived in Victoria, I'd encourage you to join up under the Peugeot Car Club banner. Not too many old farts and lots of Pug People who drive their cars. Same with the Vic Mini Club. Most of our Permit holding Minis are driven as often as possible, more so now the Logbook Scheme is here and allows more flexible usage. Unfortunately, I don't believe the CPS is available to non Victorian residents.

Personally, I've just changed Moby Dick over to the CPS through the Mini Club. The Mini will follow early next year when its registration falls due. (And I'm an old fart who drives his cars.)

Cheers, Pottsy
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

2018 C3 Shine ("Oscar" Mrs P's)
    1974 D Special Manual Sedan ("Moby Dick")
    2006 C5 HDI Wagon Auto ("Mephistopheles")
    1982 2CV6 ("Gaston") On the road! (Woohoo!)
    1957 Slough 2CV ("Alphonse") Has made it to the Hoist!
    1975 GS Pallas ("GiSelle") Also waiting in the wings
    And for Fun, 1968 Mini Deluxe ("The R & D'luxe" 1078cc, Grin Factor 100!)

UFO

Please read the current information for NSW

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...ubs_policy.pdf
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Default Club permits

Has got to be the best thing to revive interest in classic cars..
    no longer are you restricted where you go,what time you travel or who you travel with..
    prior to this change Club cars could only be driven on club events and to perform checks on car and forget driving at night...
    Now I can drive anywhere I choose within the confines of 90 or 45 days within a year...
    If you choose 45 days ($64) and after some time you decide you need more days you can pay for an extra 45 days...
    Having multiple classic cars means I can now register them all and enjoy them at minimal cost..
    In fact register 4 classics and you are covered for 360 days for less than one cars normal rego !!!!
    My Traction and Ferrari is on club plates with my ID19 to follow...
    The 2CV won't be eligible for 2 yrs but probably gets used too often to have on club plates...
    all in all... I believe the new system to be the saviour of the classic car movement
    Cheers
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Take the time to read these & cogitate thereupon....

http://feralsportscarclub.net/CarClub.html

http://feralsportscarclub.net/CCBB.html

Great article... wish I'd known some of that info a while ago...
    Peninsula petrolheads anyone?
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by petitepoupée View Post

I've read the first link and it is gold

I will save the second for later.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Interesting links. I can believe that if people are subjected to the sort of "power" described in the two articles then they're better off out of there and starting their own Club.

However, I'd like to point out, having been involved in car clubs for years, and currently a member of 3, that I've never, ever, seen or experienced the kind of behaviour described.

What follows is my opinion only, it is not based on any legal training and is based on my knowledge and experience only.

The first extract was obviously writen before the log book system was introduced, and yes, the old system was restrictive in some ways. This was the main reason I moved away from having a car on club plates some years ago.

However, under the new system, I've moved back and willingly.

The issue mentioned of "annual inspection" before renewal is not the case in any of the car clubs I know. Certainly for an initial permit either a proper RWC or a "certification" from the club is required, but this is only to obtain the permit. To my knowledge, and certainly not within the CPS requirements, is any kind of subsequent inspection or certification required, unless, of course, a vehicle is spotted that is patently dangerous. Victoria doesn't currently have annual inspections for any "level" of registration, but it does have the requirement, which is incumbent on the driver, that the vehicle must be "maintained in a safe condition".

As an example, if I drive a car anywhere with bald tyres, a dodgy exhaust and/or panels hanging off, I'm going to get pinged by Mr Plod eventually, and probably rightly so. It's irrelevant whether I do this on full rego or club rego, I'm still a danger to the public.

Now why is it considered "restrictive" for a Club to report such a car that is listed under their name to Vicroads? It's not a power thing, it's simply a means of ensuring that the classic cars we all know and love are not given a bad name by a few ratbags who think they have "carte blanche" once the car has a Permit attached. No club that I know of would carefully inspect and police the cars on a regular basis, but if one stands out through being blatantly unroadworthy, then I believe it's a good thing for the club to address the issue. I should also point out that part of the process is FIRST OF ALL notifying the owner and giving them the opportunity to rectify the problem BEFORE reporting to Vicroads.

And for any one person in a club to certify the safety of a vehicle is a legally binding thing. If Fred Nerk certifies that a car is safe to drive on the highway, and that car is (a) involved in a traffic incident and (b) subsequently found to have contributed to the incident through being unsafe, then it's not only the driver who's under the pump, but whoever certified it as safe. This is why clubs are insisting on a RWC for the initial application. That's why RWC inspectors (a) exist and (b) have large insurance policies. And incidentally, Fred Nerk might be an office bearer of the listing club, but might also not know how to change a wheel, let alone whether the car is safe or not.

Sure it might not happen and mostly doesn't. However, in the "blame and claim" society of today, who can risk a high legal exposure?

I don't believe that just because a club is incorporated it exempts the office bearers (or certifying members) from prosecution or penalty as a result of any kind of legal enquiry. If a coroner, for instance, rules that a club member performed a criminal act then I believe it's unlikely that the offending member is protected by the incorporation act.

Worst case scenario: A car is certified safe by Fred Nerk, drives around the corner and a wheel falls off causing the car to slide uncontrolled into a bus shelter killing the people waiting. The coroner is going to want to know who certified the car as safe and how. Sure it could also happen after a roadworthy check, but it's so much more unlikely.

I do like the concept of the car club described in the extracts, and if their experience has been solely with vintage and veteran clubs, perhaps those clubs need to take a long hard look at themselves.

But to assume that all car clubs are run in such draconic and restrictive ways is ignoring the truth. My personal enjoyment comes from playing with my toys, whether that be building fixing or driving them. Just remember that not everyone wants to do that and to condemn them for only wanting to polish them and look at them is verging on intolerance at best.

That's my opinion.

Cheers, Pottsy
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

bob
    1000+ Posts

Default Why a club ?

G'day,

you fellas are now joining the gun owners system, ie: you have to be a member of a club to enjoy what ever it is you want to do. You are different to most other members of society who can enjoy their toys more or less when and how they like provided they stick to the rules that apply to everybody.

This lurk was tried with aviculture a long time ago here in Vic and failed dismally. You had to be a member of a recognised bird club before you could keep certain species of birds - there was still a licence required, club membership was made conditional to being granted the licence, just like the club plates. What this says is that only club members can be responsible citizens ? Only lasted a few years......

If registration & 3rd party was tied to the petrol pump those that used less would pay less, you would all achieve the same result and all citizens would be treated equally. However, the motoring mouthpieces, the clubs, are unlikely to push for such a system are they......

Bit off topic, sorry, but....

cheers,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by pottsy View Post
    Just for information guys. (And to clear up any misunderstanding of what's been introduced down here.)

In Victoria (AKA Mexico) we've finally got the Club Permit Scheme (CPS) underway. (As of 1st of February)

Based around a 90 day (or 2 x 45 day) permit administered by a logbook being filled out before each journey.

Permit holders need to be a current financial member of a car club affiliated with the scheme, not necessarily a local one.

Cars (classics at least) must be 25 years or more old at the time of applying for a Permit. Cost is around $114.00 for the year (for 90 days, less for 45)

Vehicle eligibility can be by inspection by a Club representative (unwise as Craig mentions above) or by the presentation of a current Certificate of Roadworthiness.

I guess we have a small advantage for the moment in Vic as this is not needed once the Permit is granted. Annual renewal is just a signature from the car club approved signatory after showing proof of current membership status.

It's up to Clubs whether they limit cars to their specific Marque or not. Most Clubs are happy enough to accept non Marque cars as long as they comply. After all, a Member's a Member, and has to remain one as long as they want their Permit to be current.

The Scheme has been well received so far and is proving to be popular (at least insofar as I can judge in my role as Registrar for the Victorian Mini Club.)

Rambo, if you lived in Victoria, I'd encourage you to join up under the Peugeot Car Club banner. Not too many old farts and lots of Pug People who drive their cars. Same with the Vic Mini Club. Most of our Permit holding Minis are driven as often as possible, more so now the Logbook Scheme is here and allows more flexible usage. Unfortunately, I don't believe the CPS is available to non Victorian residents.

Personally, I've just changed Moby Dick over to the CPS through the Mini Club. The Mini will follow early next year when its registration falls due. (And I'm an old fart who drives his cars.)

Cheers, Pottsy

i would gladly join up to the vic club

i have though about becoming a member of it at any rate just because their aren't any old farts running the show or have controlling interests as per another club i could mention

the local club are a bunch of [email protected] in town here to the point where they are suffering attendance at events and at meetings so they implemented a new rule that each member HAS to attend x amount of meetings or outings per year to retain membership

when i heard that i said to certain old fart/s why in the hell would you still be against the 90 day system if it meant that more people would be attending events

also that their now 35 year policy is there just to rule out 'plastics' really shits me and i;m waiting to hear when they are moving to a 40 year rule

all i want to do being only one person that drives in the house is to keep some older cars in circulation and to be able to turn up to a few events knowing that which ever car i choose at that time is going to be in condition to attend said event without having to pay through the nose to do so

a 90 day unlimited log book system would suit me right down to the ground

also a club that doesn't have blokes that are PMS'ing all the time that are part of the committee would be a bonus
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Bob, I think you've slightly missed the point.

You don't have to be a member of a club to drive your car.

You do have to have it registered in some way. That's non-negotiable and a law related thing.

If you want to use your car for whatever, without associating with a club, fine, pay the full whack for rego and fill yer boots!

What the club system does is recognise that you might only drive the car some of the time and allow proportionate cost. You can still drive it where and when you like. There's nothing that says you have to attend club meetings or any other event. You just have to be a financial member.

It's not a hard choice in my opinion!

Cheers, Pottsy
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Quote Originally Posted by petitepoupée View Post

Great reading!
    Care factor = -273.15ºC

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day Pottsy,

Quote Originally Posted by pottsy View Post
    .......What the club system does is recognise that you might only drive the car some of the time and allow proportionate cost. You can still drive it where and when you like. There's nothing that says you have to attend club meetings or any other event. You just have to be a financial member.......
    It's not a "club" system if you can do what ever you like for the 90 days or whatever, a club system is where you need the vehicle for club related matters. If it's not club related use it's gotta be normal use, just like any other normal use except that it's limited to a particular number of days.

There are plenty of cars out there that are "week-enders", with normal rego bills. Why should not belonging to a club disqualify those people from the "club" system of savings ? Or, better still, as I said above, there would not even be any need for such a system if the rego & etc was drawn from the pump - only drive a little and you are a winner without filling in books and dealing with any other red tape.

Just my opinion.

cheers,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    G'day Pottsy,

It's not a "club" system if you can do what ever you like for the 90 days or whatever, a club system is where you need the vehicle for club related matters. If it's not club related use it's gotta be normal use, just like any other normal use except that it's limited to a particular number of days.

There are plenty of cars out there that are "week-enders", with normal rego bills. Why should not belonging to a club disqualify those people from the "club" system of savings ? Or, better still, as I said above, there would not even be any need for such a system if the rego & etc was drawn from the pump - only drive a little and you are a winner without filling in books and dealing with any other red tape.

Just my opinion.

cheers,
    Bob
    so instead pay say $2.50/l and not pay any rego ???

you would need to come up with a detailed presentation to make everything clear but are you discounting clubs ??

i agree with clubs when they are run correctly

i agree with club rego moreso the 90 day system where the car can be used outside of club events which then makes it more practical to use for a club event

think of the time saved by using the car 90 days a year instead of once every 3 months where you have to spend hours of your time preparing the car for it's day out due to lack of use

i agree with your premise but can't see it being practical for like minded people, ie clubs
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    G'day Pottsy,

Just my opinion.

cheers,
    Bob
    Bob

You are right it is not a 'club system',
    In Victoria it is a system that was set up in the 60's for car enthuisiasts who owned multiple vehicles of a veteran/vintage/historic nature who did not need the added burden of multiple full value registrations when they obviously could not be driving all of these cars at any given time.
    The then Motor Registration Board brought in the Restricted Use Permit Scheme for Special Vehicles, at the behest of, and with the support of the car clubs. The problem was that, at that time, MRB was an adjunct of the Police Department, a compliant and not very vociferous department that did not have the ear of government at the time. (how things have changed). The MRB was not incorporated into the Transport Regulation Board until 1981.

When the Roads Corporation (trading as VicRoads) was formed in 1989 it inherited a mish mash of rules/rulings that dated back some 70 years. Included in this was those covering restricted use of special vehicles. As an aside, CH plated vehicles actually fell into the same bucket as someone driving an over dimensional vehicle, albeit with a less formal reporting process.

For the most part VicRoads was happy to leave the whole 'red plate scheme' well alone - until, in the early part of this decade, when they raised the issue of potentially discontinuing the scheme. That they looked like running out of usable numbers was the official reason - but the most obvious reason was that Vic Police (now a political force to be reckoned with because they are one of the largest revenue earners and the change to the way the community now views law and order issues) was screaming its collective tits off that they could not access the redplate record as they were on a different data base.

At the same time the government had realised the potential draw card of historic cars and how things like the RACV Rallies slotted into the major events program. VicRoads went from shut down to putting it on public record that the government wanted to see "the historic fleet on the road' and came up with a skeleton of the current proposal (quietly pinched from SA).

it is worth noting that VicRoads has for some years (since the demise of the SEC) been the one of largest collector of revenue within the state and as such has the loudest voice on where $$ are spent. That Mr Vic was going to be overridden by Mr Plod meant that he had to call on friends who would be on his side.
    On the other hand the RACV, suffering from extended warranties and direct competion from commercial roadside repair companies, was potentially going downwards in the $$ sense, so it both pushed its historic displays etc and 'remembered' its links with the historic car movement.

Whilst the motoring organizations were allowed in to flesh out the bones I believe this deal was worked out in Spring St to appease some of those upset that Christine Nixon et al had taken what Mr Vic believed should have been his.

As said earlier -it is not a club system - it is a system that is available to anyone who is a member of a club. It is recognition that they have a recreational interest in something that, by its nature requires the use of public roads. Unlike sportswomen/men, who play on publically funded parks, dancers who use public halls, a car enthusiast cannot function without access to roads.
    Further it is not Registration - it is a permit to use a public road, under the limitations imposed by the regulations. This may sound rather pedantic at the moment, but should any government bring in an age regulation on Registerable Vehicles, as is common in other countries, then permit vehicles will sit outside this.
    Why should not belonging to a club disqualify those people from the "club" system of savings ?

Explain to me where the savings are - they are expected to maintain a 25+ yo vehicle, fill out a log book every time they go more than 50 metres from their house and restrict their driving to 90 days per year. Given my druthers I'd pay the extra few hundred dollars to make sure that I had a daily driver at my disposal every day of the year.
    I have no argument with your idea on a direct fuel tax other than to say that there is no political will to get it happening. You would need an exemption for interstate registered vehicles and/or a system of reclaiming taxes paid (a la reclaiming VAT in Europe, Singapore) as you leave the colony.
    Those people that say I know - generally don't.

Default Concessional Registration Qld style.

Interesting history on the Victorian system Ron.

Qld has the Concessional Registration System.
    Much like that in other states.
    The bits I don't like though are:
    1). only one vehicle per family can be accepted on the scheme.
    2). if you have a vehicle on pensioner concession you can't have another on special interest vehicle concession
    3). the vehicle cannot be modified, has to be standard.

Modified vehicle can not be registered as a street rod unless body and frame built before 1949.

Will enquire to see if there are any plans to update the system up here.

Paul

VIP Sponsor

Why should not belonging to a club disqualify those people from the "club" system of savings ?

Because it was the clubs that worked long and hard to get this system introduced.
    Graham

Default Concessional Registration for Non-club member Qld

From the Qld TRansport Concessional Registration form.

http://www.support.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/formsdat.nsf/forms/QF3937/$file/F3937_ES.pdf

"Club membership: Evidence of current membership with an incorporated car club or association must be provided at the time of application for a concession. Where a genuine reason is provided for not meeting this condition, it may be waived by the Department of Transport and Main Roads."

Not sure what they consider a genuine reason though, wonder if anyone has tried to gain this.
    Can see it being a real head scratchrer for some beaurocrat.

Paul

Another snippet from QLD form
    "Preparing for, proceeding to, and returning from the above activities."

In theory, I can justify any driving by claiming I am preparing for the CX 40th anniversary run by checking the conditions of the roads the said run would take into.
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information