Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash
  • Register
  • Help

Default Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash

Hello All

Advertisement

Just wanted the Aussiefrog community know that one of our members is preparing a car, raising funds and going to participate in the Variety Bash 2011, under the auspices of our good forum. We have an intrepid Renault 16TS with minor cosmetic mods, ready to go, just tying up a few sponsors signs now. Car 49, the Aussiefrog. is ready to hit the road!

I (Melc) have been given the opportunity to act as mechanic and assistant on this Journey in August Starting at Hervey Bay in Qld and finishing at the Gympie muster 150 kms away, going Via Lightning Ridge Nth NSW.

I just wanted to start the ball rolling by putting up a few photos of the "Aussiefrog" as it is now and make us all aware of this bash and the great cause behind it, Variety, that supports disabled Children and their families. If anybody would like to give to our efforts the smallest of donations would be gratefully received, please PM for details.

Anyway have a look at the pics, tell us what you think, and I will continue with news and more pics as we go. As the bash unfolds there will be regular news on the route and other things that may be of interest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash-p1000392.jpg   Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash-p1000394.jpg   Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash-p1000397.jpg  

All the best to Aussiefrog and all who sail in her!
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Looks great, better than you described to me. Did you get the bag on your verandah yesterday?
    That is thanks to Chris @ Focus On Print

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Melc View Post
    We have an intrepid Renault 16TS with minor cosmetic mods
    Hmmm..."minor" you say?

Default What?

It seems that we lost a couple of entertaining posts but I am sure that we get back on track. Anybody else want to pay out on Queenslanders?

My last post was-
    Thanks everyone for your kind words, and advice. We will take lots of care, maybe the route will change?

We don't have a website though. Aussie frogs are allowing us a bit of space to ramble on, so hang around here. We will certainly appreciate any encouragement.

Fellow Frogger!

Default R16

Good luck MELC.
    Having experienced a startled green frog on many occasions i hope you have rainex on the back window
    Cheers Peter.

Tadpole

Default Aussie Frog in the Variety bash

Hi Everyone,

my name is Russell & I am doing this years Variety Bash with Melc. I am busy getting Ausssie Frog Bashworthy. Lots to do on the car and lots to do in attracting sponsors and donors.A great charity for the underprivileged kids in Queensland.
    We need to fit off road tyres. Does anyone know of offroad tyres that will fit the Renault TS 16?

Any suggestions for Sponsors and Donations?

Russell

Default First outing

Hello all, Well we have had our first outing at the Bash Test on the weekend. The Frog went well, handled the rough stuff with ease, the fancy rally tyres that Russell chose did a great job, especially on the dirt. They floated a bit on straight bitumen and made noises but grabbed well on sealed corners. The tyres are pictured in the last shot. The real bash starts on 18th August!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash-p7230826.jpg   Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash-p7230827.jpg   Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash-p7230829.jpg   Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash-p7230830.jpg   Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash-p7230834.jpg   Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash-p7230839.jpg  

Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash-p7240843.jpg   Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash-p7240845.jpg  

Default love it!

Good on ya Russel and Melc!

so good to see!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aussiefrog at the Variety Bash-froggy-rally.jpg  
    Last edited by Restor-a-16TS; 29th July 2011 at 09:55 PM.

Thread Information