How to add sun power
  • Register
  • Help

Default How to add sun power

I was listening to the ABC and heard them talking about men losing their ability to fix things, such as their cars and this bloke rang up about his invention. Perhaps just the thing for our underpowered cars. It would look good on our cars and I am sure could be incorporated into the fiberglass roof of a DS with ease.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...&v=Ott85qsDz4E

Laurie

Advertisement

JBN

None of those 4 YouTube videos worked.

Now I am an old bloke that has definately lost the ability to fix things. It took 4 hours today to fix a BMW 525 electric front window. I think it works, but I am going to tape a mousetrap over the switch so no one else tries.

And now it seems my redemption is on hold until you can give the correct link for my salvation.

John

Maybe you could re post with a working link to the info?

There was some research done some years back into the rise in popularity of PC computers. One suggested reason was that cars had become much more complicated and blokes could no longer prove their worth in the garage adjusting ignition settings and valve clearances.... the PC gave something to tinker with.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

JBN

For the real masochists, combine the two. A few weeks ago I was around at a friend's garage. He is involved with a hill climb machine, so plenty of complex mechanicals to be involved with. They were trying to start the car, so with driver in, steering wheel removed and laptop attached, they were busy playing with various settings and doing various diagnostics to the engine management system to try to get it started.

Not having that level of patience, I left. On my way home, I reflected on the simplicity of the 2CV. Won't start? Check, petrol, battery and ignition. Still problems, use crank handle or push and clutch start.

There was a life before PCs. Remember Algebra was invented using an abacus. In fact, when I first went to the Middle East, I thought that those worry beads that all the men have in their hands were personal calculators.

John

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post

[...]

There was a life before PCs. Remember Algebra was invented using an abacus. In fact, when I first went to the Middle East, I thought that those worry beads that all the men have in their hands were personal calculators.

John

Not quite, John.

Actually, the greeks had such a hard time accepting that there existed negative numbers, they never discovered them. Took a lot longer before algebra came into its own and topology still has the next century's supply of madmen covered.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Thread Information