Sunday drive
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Sunday drive

Icon14 Sunday drive

Yesterday my wife and I joined members of the Albany and Districts branch of the Veteran Car Club of WA on their annual Denmark Drive.

Over thirty vehicles attended and most drove out from Albany to meet in Denmark. At Denmark they were joined by local members plus some who had driven down from Mt Barker. Two of the VCC of WA Albany and Districts branch are also members of the Denmark Machinery Restoration Group. As a member of the latter I see them regularly and they extended an invitation to join the tour.

We travelled west along Hwy 1 to the Chocolate Lounge where members could try chocolates and matching alcoholic drinks. After this stop it was a cruise along the scenic Mt McLeod Drive before turning onto Scotsdale Road and heading back towards Denmark. We turned into Karriview Wines where lunch was taken. Some dined in the winery restaurant while most picnicked under the trees on a very warm afternoon.

Of all the cars present mine was the only 'frog' so felt I'd flown the flag. As we were responsible for opening the Denmark Historical Museum at 14:00 we left after eating our lunch. During the afternoon at the Museum several of the VCC members visited. One, an elderly gentleman was looking for me. He had a 1980 Citroen Dyane, blue with 46,000 miles on the clock that he wanted to sell. I've listed it in the for sale section of aussiefrogs. He also mentioned another 2CV on the south coast that was in good mechanical condition. It came up whilst we were talking and I mentioned the Lomax 223. One day I would like to build a Lomax 223 and the location of such a scarce item as a 2CV so close to home is tempting. But then there is the wife to contend with. I've not yet got the Familiale home so talking of a 2CV would be nothing short of suicide.

Advertisement

Anyway, it was a great day and good to meet other enthusiasts and share stories - it was magic. The weather and a wonderful scenic drive were an added bonus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sunday drive-dsc00704trr.jpg   Sunday drive-dsc00707tr.jpg   Sunday drive-dsc00730tr.jpg   Sunday drive-dsc00731rr.jpg  
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

Hey Ross, looked like a great day out. I am very VERY envious of Southern Coast dwellers at the moment, I cant imagine why???
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Thread Information