Naughty citroen driver
  • Register
  • Help

Default Naughty citroen driver

Nudie - the juice company - In NSW, all drive around in Pureiels, very recognizable.

So I rang and left a message for their sales manager, that Nudie1 (personalised plate) really shouldn't be talking on her phone while driving with one hand

Advertisement
    1980 CX2400
    2000 Xantia Wagon

Have you run out of 'little people' in your world to boss around stuart??

I believe there are vacancies for council rangers, where you can walk around all day and actually get paid for being a pr!ck.

Jo

Thanks for that robust reply Jo, I'm off to find some Oompa Loompas now
    Last edited by Stuart Dammery; 24th February 2011 at 04:02 PM.
    1980 CX2400
    2000 Xantia Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Dammery View Post
    Well that was uncalled for
    What do you want Stuart, a pat on the back for saving the world???

Jo

JBN

I would have thought a more valid and appropriate complaint regarding NUDIE1 was that she was clothed.

John

Tadpole

Default who's a prick then?

oow! seems you've hit a raw nerve then Stuart.
    Methinks he doth protest too much....

DS

Despite the bitchiness you two are having........I think its quite a fair thing to inform the corporation what illegal things the workers are doing.

I've been horrified at how many fast driving semi trailers I've seen being driven in heavy Sydney traffic lately with the driver on the phone.

I recently had a woman drive through a red light at me as she talked one the phone. She looked white as she threw the phone on the floor realising a DS Safari with air horns screaming was aiming for her. Oddly she had the phone in her left hand held to her right ear while she steered with her right hand!

1000+ Posts

Reminds me of that stupid pr... (because he was talking on the phone while driving) in a shiny souped up STI driving behind a Pulsar that had the indicator on to turn right. I was behind the STI. I thought that di... doesn't see that indicator and sure enough he only saw it the last sec. when the Pulsar stopped to turn and he sure collected her left rear with his right front corner. Got to have been well over $1000 damage just on his car.
    All that happend at slightly faster than slow running speed
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

UFO

I reckon some of the stupidest drivers are those who commit offences in a labelled work vehicle.

I'm pretty sure the pantech driver from a company was in serious shite the day I rang to advise the company director that one of his drivers illegally overtaking on Picton Rd had caused me to go bush or be killed.

Good on you Stuart.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Strangely i find my self agreeing with both Stuart and Jo...
    At the end of the day...i hate the ******s that drive and txt or use their phone...Most have trouble walking straight...On the other hand I can not stand the tossers that will call authorities for every minor infringement...I for one could never make that call...Sure if she was driving a semi (which she wasnt) and was driving over an occasional fuego...i d certainly consider making the call but even then I d have to think twice....

dino

come on guys...ease up on one another...or get a room....

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    I would have thought a more valid and appropriate complaint regarding NUDIE1 was that she was clothed.

John
    I agree...strongly...

dino

Do these calls really matter? I am just curious. I am too lazy to ring anyone up about such stupidity, prefer to let karma deal with it. Besides, there are so many idiots, I would waste my mobile credit in less than a week.

Initially I thought the OP was a bit of a busybody.. but if you dont ring up the business concerned, and some vehicle signage says to comment on the driver..the driver gets away with it

You cant 'tell' them yourself as you're just as likely to get the finger or a filthy look

Decca
    Present --2016 2008Outdoor / 2014 RAV4 Diesel (My utilitarian beast, now with A/T tyres...)

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

This reminds me of a bird I saw a while ago putting on eye liner while driving in the morning peak presumably with her knee.

Now that's what I call multitasking.

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    This reminds me of a bird I saw a while ago putting on eye liner while driving in the morning peak presumably with her knee.

Now that's what I call multitasking.
    I once drove from Malvern to Bachus Marsh ('bout an hour) just using my knees to steer...piece of cake...admittedly I didnt try putting eye liner on...will try next time.... ohhh and it had sh#T tyres on...

dino

JBN

Sadly a nephew of mine killed a young women who veered into his lane (he was driving a truck) whilst applying makeup. What a waste. Stay alive and enjoy life. Don't worry how you look. At the end, the mortician will do a reasonable makeup, so that you don't go to the hereafter unprepared.

He too was never the same, and after a truck accident and marital problems, took his life and joined her.

The road is not a playground for idiots.

John

The companies will slap them on the wrist and say "Get back to work" thats all.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney View Post
    The companies will slap them on the wrist and say "Get back to work" thats all.

Daniel

Like so many of your superficial one liners this is totally wrong. I've no idea what you do to keep the wolf from the door, but out in the real world where companies are fighting to extract the consumer dollar - overall image is important and any black mark is followed through. Remember this a company that is selling a hugely over packaged and overpriced product.
    Stuart wasn't the only only one to see this piece of stupidity, and if only one in ten of them tells someone else on a forum similiar to this there is a lot of negative feeling in the community, albeit small, but if 10% of those that have read this post to date there are 20 odd people who will think twice when they see the nudie brand.
    As for our errant driver - for starters, she would have been on the mat and the matter would have been placed on her file. Minor perhaps, until she has a review meeting and is going in thinking that she has the points on the board to ask for/ expect a pay rise. The second time her figures don't reach the expected for the month, guess what is going to be wheeled out to say 'We really appreciate what you have put into the company to now but we really think that....' DCM
    On the other hand NUDIE 1 may be the owner of the company and she is going to have a red face for a couple of reasons. Firstly Stuart's phone call would have gone all around the office and effectively undermined her authority. Secondly, every company worth its salt is doing daily/weekly searches of where their and their competitors names are turning up so they can focus their marketing dollar on that part of the community which is showing interest in the product/. Guess we needn't invite nudie to sponsor the next FCF (but we can be bribed)
    At a more salacious level, there is always the possiblity that NUDIE 1 belongs to someone whose partner may not be aware that a young female would be driving his/her car.
    Those people that say I know - generally don't.

Thread Information