Road Rage or a bad movie..
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    1000+ Posts Wildebeest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    2,674

    Default Road Rage or a bad movie..

    After gingerly edging my way out of the Kingsway Shopping Centre onto Wanneroo Rd I carried on to a set of lights ,red, when a loud blast of horn drew my attention to my, seconds before, empty mirror.
    The mirror was full of one of those American big Ford utes. Initially I thought it was an ambulance but then twigged that they use Mercedes vans.
    I couldn't for the life of me think what was biting his bum. There was nowhere for him to go because of the lights situation ahead. I dabbed my brakes to make him aware of what the rest of the world was doing. Bad move, this just got him more exited.
    The traffic had now started to move off this allowed him to get into the turn left lane and take off, engine rumbling and horn still blowing ??
    Is there something about the owners of these big utes [with their own post code] that turns them into bad American movie actors or what?

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    29

    Default

    maybe he'd just sliced off a finger and was on his way to the microsurgeon?
    2010 Renault laguna III expression
    1998 Citroen Xantia Activa CT

  3. #3
    VIP Sponsor 59 Floride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's how I roll...Brisbane
    Posts
    32,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest View Post
    After gingerly edging my way out of the Kingsway Shopping Centre onto Wanneroo Rd I carried on to a set of lights ,red, when a loud blast of horn drew my attention to my, seconds before, empty mirror.
    The mirror was full of one of those American big Ford utes. Initially I thought it was an ambulance but then twigged that they use Mercedes vans.
    I couldn't for the life of me think what was biting his bum. There was nowhere for him to go because of the lights situation ahead. I dabbed my brakes to make him aware of what the rest of the world was doing. Bad move, this just got him more exited.
    The traffic had now started to move off this allowed him to get into the turn left lane and take off, engine rumbling and horn still blowing ??
    Is there something about the owners of these big utes [with their own post code] that turns them into bad American movie actors or what?


    Unfortunately there are some angry men around who haven't grown up yet or learned to control their aggression.

    Sadly these dick heads give us all a bad name.

    Luckily most of us real men aren't all that bad.

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney - Chatswood
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    Make eye contact, then blow them a kiss...
    Cheers,
    Patrick
    Architect

    1991 Peugeot 605SVE (Written off 2007)
    1995 Peugeot 605SV (Bianca White) *SOLD*
    2007 Volvo XC70 Electric Silver (PJ-810)
    2009 Volvo XC60 T6 Teknik (Sapphire Black)
    2014 Volvo XC70 Luxury D5 Polestar (Ice White)
    2012 Mercedes Benz C250 (Alabandite)

    Past:
    1974 Triumph 2000Mk2, 1990 Renault 25TXE, 1986 Rover SD1, 1990 Peugeot 605SV, 1991 Peugeot 605SVE, 2001 Volvo XC70 and various Volvo 200-series

  5. #5
    VIP Sponsor 59 Floride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's how I roll...Brisbane
    Posts
    32,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ810 View Post
    Make eye contact, then blow them a kiss...

    Yep this is a good get even...........just make sure they don't follow you home.

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts schlitzaugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    loneliness capital of the world
    Posts
    8,817

    Default

    Perhaps he thought you were blocking the left turn slip lane?

  7. #7
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    Citroën Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,668

    Default

    Another case of micro penis substitution.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  8. #8
    JBN
    JBN is offline
    1000+ Posts JBN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8,156

    Default

    He might have gotten his V's mixed up. May have taken Viagra instead of Valium and found that he was penis incompatible with his large Ford truck, which normally favours the less well endowed?

    I notice most AFers have smaller vehicles, some even feeling the need to have a sunroof,but that's another topic.

    The problem with the large American trucks is that they only import the problem, ie the vehicle. They don't import the solution - Magnum 45.

    John

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts Wildebeest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    2,674

    Default Road Rage....

    Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Perhaps he thought you were blocking the left turn slip lane?
    schlitz',
    Yes, you are right but, until the traffic started moving what could I do. Levitate perhaps?

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! cme2c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Perhaps he thought you were blocking the left turn slip lane?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest View Post
    schlitz',
    Yes, you are right but, until the traffic started moving what could I do. Levitate perhaps?
    I know what you did.

    He would have got into that slip lane if you hadn't DELIBERATELY come out of the shopping centre just to stop him, the most important man IN THE WORLD from getting where he had to be 1 minute sooner.

    2 things. A representative ( female) who was visiting my business saw my 206 GTi and asked if it was my wife's car. I told her I had nothing to compensate for.

    Also saw one of those huge 4WD utes with a plate like TUFF1 or similar...

    Having a wheel changed by road service
    206 GTi 2003
    VW Golf 118TSI 2009 ( the wife's)
    Bedford CF 1980
    Valiant VJ Ranger 1974
    "Driving a 206GTi makes you feel like you're 18" Jeremy Clarkson

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest View Post
    After gingerly edging my way out of the Kingsway Shopping Centre onto Wanneroo Rd I carried on to a set of lights ,red, when a loud blast of horn drew my attention to my, seconds before, empty mirror.
    The mirror was full of one of those American big Ford utes. Initially I thought it was an ambulance but then twigged that they use Mercedes vans.
    I couldn't for the life of me think what was biting his bum. There was nowhere for him to go because of the lights situation ahead. I dabbed my brakes to make him aware of what the rest of the world was doing. Bad move, this just got him more exited.
    The traffic had now started to move off this allowed him to get into the turn left lane and take off, engine rumbling and horn still blowing ??
    Is there something about the owners of these big utes [with their own post code] that turns them into bad American movie actors or what?
    How far away from the shopping centre exit was the dude when you pulled out????
    Was he speeding, making your task of measuring the gap much more complex (and in my opinion negating his right to honk a horn)??

    It does sound like you gingerly pulled out in front of him, if it only took seconds for him to fill your rear veiw mirror.

    That might have been biting his bum.

    And if you did pull out in front of him and then made no effort to get out of his way and braked........ well, what do you expect ????



    Jo

  12. #12
    1000+ Posts Wildebeest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    2,674

    Default Road Rage...

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    How far away from the shopping centre exit was the dude when you pulled out????
    Was he speeding, making your task of measuring the gap much more complex (and in my opinion negating his right to honk a horn)??

    It does sound like you gingerly pulled out in front of him, if it only took seconds for him to fill your rear veiw mirror.

    That might have been biting his bum.

    And if you did pull out in front of him and then made no effort to get out of his way and braked........ well, what do you expect ????



    Jo

    Jo,
    I can assure you m'lud that the Big Ford was nowhere to be seen. However some distance from 'my' exit was an exit from a Big Mac's. BF may have launched himself out of here after I had moved out of 'my' exit.
    As for making the task of measuring the gap more complex? Yes it is possible, for him as he was bearing down on me!
    From there being nothing in my mirror to the BF filling it it could/would be construed that he had a bit of pace up.
    In the unlikely that I 'pulled' in front of him and made no effort to get out of his way. Apart from the earlier mentioned levitation I was in a traffic lane with a curb on my left, traffic on the right and waiting for a light change.
    As for braking, no, just a touch of the brake pedal.

  13. #13
    Member Gav_SV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cme2c View Post
    Also saw one of those huge 4WD utes with a plate like TUFF1 or similar...

    Having a wheel changed by road service
    That's brilliant.
    Always used to love the guys who used to claim to be full blown mechanics on the old CRX forums, who would then talk about the visit to their mechanic because their alternator belt needed adjustment etc...
    1998 406 SV

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts HONG KONG PUGGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Yarrabilba, Queensland
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post

    I notice most AFers have smaller vehicles, some even feeling the need to have a sunroof,but that's another topic.


    My Rx4 has dual sunrooves



    On the road rage fools out there........
    We crossed over Old Cleveland in front of headlights that were at least 400m back from the crest over an Xmas holiday night. At next set of lights, said d/h and mates threw a beer bottle at our car.
    There would have been no problem if he wasn't doing at least 120km/h in an 80 zone. Useless P-Plater

    Sue was driving so no chase ensued. I would have followed long enough to get rego number. Doesn't matter, there are very few raised 4x4 hiluxes with black on white graphics and an aluminium tray back. Let him beware as I will see his car again one day. Nobody endangers my family, nobody!!!
    Last edited by HONG KONG PUGGY; 4th February 2011 at 03:24 PM.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200



    Previous

    2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10





    "When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

  15. #15
    1000+ Posts schlitzaugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    loneliness capital of the world
    Posts
    8,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest View Post
    schlitz',
    Yes, you are right but, until the traffic started moving what could I do. Levitate perhaps?

    I am not saying there was anything you could do. I am just trying to find an explanation for his behaviour.

    I have seen people blocking entry to slip lanes without realising it. Usually they leave too big a gap in front of their cars therefore unnecessarily blocking the slip lane for people who otherwise wouldn't have to waste their time waiting for the lights to change. Some move when made aware, some don't (the latter sometimes can be quite rude when signalled to move).

    Again, I am not saying that you should have moved your car if you didn't have anywhere to go.

  16. #16
    JBN
    JBN is offline
    1000+ Posts JBN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY View Post
    My Rx4 has dual sunrooves



    On the road rage fools out there........
    We crossed over Old Cleveland in front of headlights that were at least 400m back from the crest over an Xmas holiday night. At next set of lights, said d/h and mates threw a beer bottle at our car.
    There would have been no problem if he wasn't doing at least 120km/h in an 80 zone. Useless P-Plater

    Sue was driving so no chase ensued. I would have followed long enough to get rego number. Doesn't matter, there are very few raised 4x4 hiluxes with black on white graphics and an aluminium tray back. Let him beware as I will see his car again one day. Nobody endangers my family, nobody!!!
    When you do find the vehicle, just unscrew one of the number plates (so that you don't forget the number). Then dump it in the bin. It will cost him about $35 for another one, about the price of the Jim Beam bottle he threw at you.

    John

  17. #17
    1000+ Posts Gamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Picton NSW
    Posts
    1,412

    Default Give him a sign.

    As only a French car driver can.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Road Rage or a bad movie..-jonnycash.jpg   Road Rage or a bad movie..-rabbi.jpg  
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •