C6 and MV Agusta in my garage....
  • Register
  • Help
    FAF

Default C6 and MV Agusta in my garage....

I wish........

http://www.flickr.com/photos/klausna...th/4812115885/

Beautiful combination

Advertisement

I havn't seen an Agusta since Agostini quit riding..........nice.

Fellow Frogger!

I've never seen a proper MV but I did see the 4 cylinder 500 Gileras that Geoff Duke bought out here , quite spectacular for a lad bought up on pommy singles.

Graham Lewis

Nice C6.

Fellow Frogger!

Ah,

Old Euro motorcycles - - - read the following.

EXTRACTS FROM THE OWNER’S HANDBOOK FOR THE 1908 FN
    MOTORCYCLE.

As regards the equipment of the rider himself, the tastes of course differ: some like to go at high speed, and others like touring at reasonable speed. The rider should take care to dress warmly. A cyclist’s costume does not give sufficient protection against colds, for it must not be forgotten that the speed is very much higher than that of a bicycle, and consequently the rider is more exposed to cold.

It is necessary to use goggles which protect the eyes against wind, dust and insects...

On a good level road, it is safe to ride at fairly high speeds but at the turnings, crossroads and also when meeting or passing another vehicle or foot passengers it is advisable to use the hooter and to reduce speed, especially when turning.
    Always keep to your left when meeting anybody, and to the right when passing them. This, of course, is a general rule, but sometimes, in the case of an emergency, it might be necessary to deviate from it.
    It is always advisable to keep your mouth shut, and the eyes wide open.
    Always keep attention on the road, for frequently unpleasant obstacles are met, very often children suddenly run out into the roadway, and cars and horses come out from a crossroad. Dogs and chickens are also to be avoided, as they are very likely to cause a fall.
    When passing a vehicle, it is advisable to stop ignition and open the exhaust valves, taking care not to stop too suddenly, as it is bad for the engine and likely to cause a fall.
    On meeting a cyclist who does not keep to his left, do not give him way, but keep to your left. The cyclist will at once notice that he is on the wrong side.
    If, in riding, anything abnormal is noticed, do not wait, but examine the machine at once and then try to find out the reason. Do not forget that any parts, which are not soldered or riveted on, are liable to be lost on the way. On finding any nut slightly loose tighten it at once.
    The excursion made with the precautions described above will give the rider all the satisfaction which he is entitled to from the use of Motorcycle.

Taken from an original manual owned by Mr. Clem Daniels in 1978.

Thread Information