Is it just me ......?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Is it just me ......?

When I enter Aussiefrogs, even though I don't need another car, I always check out cars in the For Sale section.
    But lately every second car seems to be under the heading " Expression of Interest ". Surely when you advertise your car in this section its because you've decided to sell it.
    Or is this just a new metrosexual term that's softer to the eyes without offending a possible buyer ........ : /

Advertisement

Its just a melancholy option us Froggers choose to use. Dont think too much into it.

You are just expressing an opinion I guess!

Banned

andrew, one thing which can be said for sure is no, it is not just you. the phenomenon has previously been the subject of some criticism on AF, with all the attendent discussion from the Ayes and Nays.

I have been giving this a huge amount of thought over a beer or three last night and have some suggestions.
    First of all a world without expression is dull. The odd person needs to be able to express themselves by running around with underpants on their head.
    Secondly everybody needs to have an interest in something even if it's not your taste, Hannibal Lector was a prime example of this ...
    Finally if you are going to express interest in the car try some of these ....... Joy, shock, horror, feigned surprise, and my personal favorite, indecision. Feel free to add others ......

XTC

It's like fishing ... seeing if anything nibbles. You might just get a big fi$h.

That's why I don't like buying houses at auction, the "it's now on the market" BS.
    Give me your price, I'll give you what I want to pay, if we happen to meet in the middle somewhere great, if we don't, then I'll look elsewhere.

- xTc -

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ch View Post
    When I enter Aussiefrogs, even though I don't need another car, I always check out cars in the For Sale section.
    But lately every second car seems to be under the heading " Expression of Interest ". Surely when you advertise your car in this section its because you've decided to sell it.
    Or is this just a new metrosexual term that's softer to the eyes without offending a possible buyer ........ : /
    +1.

I read it as, if I don't get a price I want, it's not for sale.
    I haven't bothered to enter this debate until now.
    S/H car selling/buying has always been difficult and here is no different. People will always offer silly amounts, most times unjustifiable IMO. If the car is in good condition without requiring much or nothing to obtain registration, advertise it for close to what you believe market value to be. If you aren't willing to put a price on your car, don't bother.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

[QUOTE=Andrew Ch;922828] The odd person needs to be able to express themselves by running around with underpants on their head.
    QUOTE]

So that's what addo's doing these days?
    Has he taken it up professionally I wonder?

Mike.
    Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

Thread Information