Qld Northern NSW Froggies Roll Call?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    UFO

Default Qld Northern NSW Froggies Roll Call?

I was wondering, should we start a "roll call" type thread in the Froggy Forum section to check/update the status of flood affected Froggers?

The Gayndah one in the Cit forum has some responses, but perhaps a formalised sticky would be a way of offering at least moral support.

Advertisement
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Icon11 GB and family are high and dry...

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    I was wondering, should we start a "roll call" type thread in the Froggy Forum section to check/update the status of flood affected Froggers?

The Gayndah one in the Cit forum has some responses, but perhaps a formalised sticky would be a way of offering at least moral support.
    Thanks for the text Craig
    As per my reply, we are pretty safe at home, the Cit fleet are not yet anchors

Sadly my business premises is in for around 2mtrs (I doubt insurance will be too interested).

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Fine here too, midway between Brisbane and Gold Coast, thank you for the concern.

I knew Citroen's idea of floating on fluid would eventually catch on.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Anyone knows how DS motors is doing with the flooding?

We are high and dry (relatively) too. No risk of flooding here. But there will be significant disruption to 'normal' life for the next week or so.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are directly affected. It will be a huge job to clean up.

Anyone needing assistance need only ask...
    Robert Thorne
    Brisbane
    Citroenless - for now...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    Sadly my business premises is in for around 2mtrs (I doubt insurance will be too interested).

Cheers
    Chris
    Sorry to hear that Chris. The main thing is you and the family are ok. Sorry, lost for any more words but wish to send my sincere wishes for the well being of all and their animal/pet friends during this time.
    '66 404 Wagon
    '78 504 Wagon
    '89 505 GTI S II Familiale

Present Sir Thanks for the concern Craig. We are high and dry here too. Sue's work premises is the only place in Parkview St Milton above the high water mark.

Did anyone see the footage of the bloke kayaking around Suncorp stadium?

Chris, that's so sad mate. All that work moving and for it to go under now.

Anything we can do, just yell.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Id like some Queenslanders to let me know what is the status of Noosa please?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney View Post
    Id like some Queenslanders to let me know what is the status of Noosa please?
    Given Noosa is next to the ocean, my guess is that it is fine except for some sand erosion with the King tides.

My collection is spread across two places, both well out of the water, although I have an older Renault collector friend (4Cvs, Caravelle, Floride) at Fairfield near the river that went 8ft under during '74 that I cannot contact, so my guess is he is in some difficulty. I expect he may well have got his various machines out, but the collection of parts and tools would be too extensive to move all of it, and then there is his glass and bottle collection.

Sorry to hear about your water ingress at your business Greenblood.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

Our house is 150 metres from the Brisbane River but not expected to go under water. So far we've had to "self evacuate" twice to find a relative with power - two small kids and no power/water close to a flood site for a couple of days really didn't fill our hearts with glee!!!

However, we are warm, dry and safe - which is a lot better than a number of others such as Greenblood. My employer has even advised me (via SMS) that since I have a mobile phone that is on - I am officially "working from home" on full pay,

Stay safe everyone.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by alan moore View Post
    Sorry to hear about your water ingress at your business Greenblood.
    Thanks guys, it's a bit of a wait a see time, the info I have from other tenants is that we can expect around 2mtrs given the levels of 1974. I'm sharing space that was at one time occupied by Peugeotech (coincidence) Llewyn(sp) would probably know what I should anticipate I think he would have been there in '74.

Spent the morning moving as much as possible, but I do have machinery that would require a franna, as was the case when I moved in...

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qld Northern NSW Froggies Roll Call?-guilotine.jpg  
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

Just spoke to Chris & happy to report everything inside the workshop is dry. There was evidence of water outside in the car park.
    He is spending the first part of the day bringing things back down from the mezzanine & setting back up.
    Very lucky!

UFO

hooray!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by gibgib View Post
    Just spoke to Chris & happy to report everything inside the workshop is dry. There was evidence of water outside in the car park.
    He is spending the first part of the day bringing things back down from the mezzanine & setting back up.
    Very lucky!
    ...can't believe our good fortune, not a drop of water in the factory

Phones work, powers on, computers set-up, internet working, I might actually be printing again this afternoon.

From what I've seen first hand and the media coverage it's the river suburbs that have been been hit hard, the Wivenhoe dam and the flood mitigation work in the last 30 years has spared many of the areas affected in 1974 - that and 1mtr less than the '74 level.

Thinking of those that have woken to the worse case...

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    Anyone knows how DS motors is doing with the flooding?
    They are open today and all is well except for a wet workshop floor.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    ...can't believe our good fortune, not a drop of water in the factory

Phones work, powers on, computers set-up, internet working, I might actually be printing again this afternoon.

Good one!

We have some members in CCCQ from Toowoomba and Dalby. I have not heard if they are fine, but those towns were severely hit.
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

Quote Originally Posted by kimmo View Post
    We have some members in CCCQ from Toowoomba and Dalby. I have not heard if they are fine, but those towns were severely hit.
    ...yes far more violent than Brisbane, I do hope you can make contact.

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Metal View Post
    except for a wet workshop floor.
    And I'm sure Lance won't be happy about that !

Glad to hear that those who can communicate have been safe. Hoping that as Thelma and Ian are high in Toowoomba that they weren't affected, (anyone heard?), but don't know the fate of other CCCQ members in the area.
    Been glued to the television here in Hobart, knowing that my family are all high and safe, but feeling for all the people faced with the clean-up and the uncertainties. From the TV aerial footage I saw it would seem Euroserve and possibly Brisbane Citroen could have had some water in from Breakfast Creek.
    Can't help thinking back to the GS/SM 40th anniversary run last year, with the theme of Brisbane in the 70's, that started in Graceville and ran through so many of the streets that have now been flood affected again.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

It is reassuring to know that so many escaped without being swamped, although there are many more that were not spared. Why so many people seemed so surprised here in Brisbane I cannot quite understand as it was evident days before that the levels may get close or above '74 levels and all property owners must have this information. I just felt helpless that I was stuck and couldn't help people move... and now I can only help clean up starting with my street getting the trees off the causeway guardrails.
    Anyone here that needs the help of a CX wagon, trailer and various cleanup tools in the Brisbane area don't hesitate to PM me as I am willing to help at any time. I have been able to raise the car up to get through some big puddles which has been very handy.
    Photo taken Wednesday down from the XXXX brewery at Milton.
    Cheers, Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qld Northern NSW Froggies Roll Call?-brisbane-summer-milton-near-xxxx-12-01-11-resize.jpg  

Default Yeah baby I'm back.......

Yeah! The power is back on.......

As the waters rose I was thinking worst case I would have to tie my old Renault to the house, open the doors and let her flood.

Luckily this wasn't the case....

I must praise the authorities for the way in which they are manageing this disaster, more to come on that.

Sherwood Arboretum at about 9am this morning versus November 2009.

The water had dropped nearly 2 metres by the time I took today's photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qld Northern NSW Froggies Roll Call?-14012011.jpg   Qld Northern NSW Froggies Roll Call?-img_1534_2.jpg  
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Andy N View Post
    It is reassuring to know that so many escaped without being swamped,
    Cheers, Andy
    And it's good to know a Citroen wagon did not get a spot on the news unlike in the past eh Andy?
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Called my parents Wednesday nite and the live on the Gold Coast and so far they are ok ...not so much flooding where they are or where they need to go......so the 2 306s and the C5 should be safe and dry....

.............but my 205 GTI might not fair so well, it is in Brisbane, in a garage near the river......the roads to the place are blocked at the moment so can't inspect any damages.....

Seeing so much familiar photos of Brissy underwater is very saddening to me especially I am in HK at the moment. Hope all fellow froggers are safe and dry during this period.
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

-Memories are good only if you don't have to deal with the past.-

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information