Yank Tanks on parade
  • Help

Yank Tanks on parade

Up here in Hervey Bay, central Queensland Coast, there is a "Chevvy Nationals" get together.
    We have got Corvettes, Impalas, (Impaled arse?? ) Bel Airs (Belles hairs) and Comaros (Comma rose) running aroud all over the place.
    We're just tuning the CX and the 16V just so we can scare the $#!t out of them all over the next two days as they all seem to be trying to tempt us into the odd drag; I've been driving the c-matic for the past few days, but after tonight; no more Mr. Nice Guy - the 16V comes out
    All we can hope is that if we ever get around to an "aussiefrogs.com" get together, that they try to come out for revenge (particularly if jr turns up.)

Alan S

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Fellow Frogger!
    AlanS,

Just don't run into a corvette Zr1 as there
    is twice the number of cylinders and 32valves no win situation in your cruisamatic citroens.

Murat

And they're driven through wheels at the right end of the car...

Ray, so that's what they mean by right hand drive? Knew Yank cars had funny handling - that explains it!
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

No Murat,

We're not talking Zr1's
    What we've got here is long greasy hair, ear rings, T shirts with way out sketches of fire breathing monsters and of course the baseball caps (optional direction of course, all driving cars that look like an effeminate hairdresser called Cyril should be in
    Cruisamatic Citroens??? - either been around Pugs too long or Citroens not long enough

Alan S

[This message has been edited by Alan S (edited 18 August 2001).]

Fellow Frogger!
    AlanS,

All the citroens i have seen have been driven
    like a boat thats why i meant cruise car as in cruisamatic my fifteen years of driving i have never been challenged by a citroen in a actual race or even a hint of a challenge here in australia or where there is plenty of them in my country.
    If anyone wants to prove me wrong i will take up the callenge and if i am beaten maybe i will convert to a boat.
    I am from the school of good power to weight as in peugeot 205's big motor in a tight little chassis.
    Let the challenges begin

Murat

Murat

I'm trying to figure out what this has to do with Yank Tanks unless of course you're into hairdressers cars in which case I'll have a short back & sides when you're ready, & I'll give the mindless chat on world affairs a miss and I really don't have any hang ups on modern technology & really can do without insulting my own & everyone's intelligence by making childish comments about boats & things - find that a little unbecoming for a mature adult ; but as they say "to each his own."

Have fun; and to think we both drive French cars makes you wonder

Alan S

[This message has been edited by Alan S (edited 18 August 2001).]

Alan,

I don't think Murat was trying to be critical of Citroens. I think he was just pointing out that they are usually driven pretty sedately.

Having said that, though, the BX 16V is an exception to this. They are usually driven pretty hard and have a higher power to weight ratio than the 130hp 205GTi, and almost as good torque to weight ratio.

Euro spec BX 16V has 160hp, 181Nm and weighs about 1050kg. Euro spec 205GTi S2 has 130hp, 165Nm and weighs about 880kg.

Australian spec BX 16V has about 108kW, 175Nm and weighs about 1060kg. Australian spec 205Gti S2 has 92kW, 160Nm and weighs 940kg.

Basically, there aren't too many naturally aspirated sub 2 litre cars which can keep with the BX 16V.

Regards,
    Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Fellow Frogger!
    Thanks Dave,

You understood well, AlanS Yanks never
    did make a decent car i Just meant as a joke
    while you rrrrr reving up your twin cam make sure you dont run into one of there great supercars zr1.
    You r right i dont know much about the citroens.
    Maybe i am to dumb to understand your poetic poems or just or we r just on a different channel.
    Anyway give heaps to the chevs lookout 4 the viper ooops.

Murat

Thread Information