Dredging up an old one..but worth a read!
  • Register
  • Help

Dredging up an old one..but worth a read!

Not trying to start off another hundred posts string, but just spotted this.
    It has to be the most hypocritical piece of stupidity I've read for a long time....so much for conserving our Natural Resources, greenhouse gasses & so on as well as road safety.

All we have to hope is that our bunch of elected leaders, free thinkers (mental retards??) don't decide to follow suit. mallet

<a href="http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usatoday/20030121/bs_usatoday/4795095" target="_blank">http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usatoday/20030121/bs_usatoday/4795095</a>

Advertisement

Alan S whip
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

The recent political direction of the Bush administration (and those previous) to not ratify the Kyoto agreement clearly shows that the USA have no intentions of reducing their pollution levels in-line with international standards if by doing so adversely effects their country’s economy.

This here is an example of backwards thinking, where bureaucrats only look at the short term benefits, not the implications of high-pollution causing policy making. This is one of the huge hurdles the environmental bodies must overcome before mainstream acceptance of ESD (environmentally sustainable development) is taken up. There is little mention of the flow-down impacts of ‘dirty’ industries. In this case, not only have you got a high-fuel consuming vehicle, you also must think of the environmental cost associated with the vehicles production, lack of recyclable materials in the vehicles and damage to roads. Then there is the lack of tax revenue to pay for the environmental damage such industries cause. The ‘user-pay’s’ principle goes right out the door.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

let alone the damage they cause to the environment physically (when actually used off road...)....people who buy them (and not use them for appropriate purposes.ie..4 wd country/farmwork..)are morons. full stop...BUSH is nothing but a slut (excuse the language) he ll do anything as long as he gets paid for it....like father like son....worse still (stuff the 4 wd issue)because of BUSH and johnny (the looser)we might loose some of our men in the stupid war about to start....how stupid is that considering the possibility that half our country might be burned by 15 year old kids/terrorists....

I think on Aussiefrogs, we cheer anything that knocks the 4WD brigade

Very few people who require their capabilities own them compared to the rest out there.

Time to give that 10% tax break the kick. We don't really owe these social menaces any favours. It's a pity so few give any consideration to the environment or others out on the road (I only know of one).

You only have to look at things like the Porsche Cayenne to realise how ridiculous the 4WD brigade is becoming. Who on earth needs a 4WD that can drive at rocket speed - it's obvious these cars were never designed for what they may appear to be designed for. Why can't some people knock some sense into themselves and realise that a sports car ought to be a sports car.

Cheers,

Justin

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

dino:
    we might loose some of our men in the stupid war about to start...
    That would worry me if they were conscripted, but seeing as they're volunteers, and it is the army, then they know the possible consequences of that career decision.

What is more worrying is the amount of civilians who get killed because of military action or inaction. The hardest part sometimes is judging what is the lesser of the two evils; action or inaction. Either way millions (billions?) may die, or maybe they won't.

I'm glad I'm not making the decisions. I'd be too soft and peaceful and that doesn't always work.

Whatever happens, if no one else other than military volunteers dies, then we'll be very lucky (we won't be that lucky).

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Justin,

The bit that frightens me about this move is it's not the average Wank Tank we're talking here but these thunderous great almost monster trucks.
    As they say, it is encouraging the type driving the average Toyota, Suzuki etc to jump into a Silverado/Dodge Ram type of assault vehicle.
    These would be a real weapon with the dollied up bottled blonde with the knockers tucked under the chin and denim skirt, hanging over the back of the front seats dishing out corporal punishment to the tribe of ferals & results of misadventures with a wooden spoon as she approaches a set of red lights where a dozen cars are stopped. Added to this the sight of some sanctamonius pompus git of a Politician standing up & preaching "conservation" as an electoral platform!!
    The mind boggles............. mallet mallet eek!

Alan S whip
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

I guess that's what happens when you're in the pocket of the oil industry...

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

1000+ Posts
    Alan S:
    ...Wank...thunderous great...monster...Ram...weapon...blonde...knockers ...skirt...corporal punishment...misadventures...wooden spoon...she...red lights...pompus git...Politician...

Alan S whip
    Reading between the lines.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Thread Information