Location/Valentine One
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Location/Valentine One

Where exactly is Mt Glorious? I have UBD Motoring Atlas of Australia. I have the feeling its near Samford and Mt Nebo, but Mt Glorious isn't listed in the index.

I found these pics:http//www.capablesoftware.com.au/mom/MtG/Mypics

Are these pretty accurate of the Mt Glorious drive?

My tour co. has matched me with a South African so I won't have to do any of the driving since its hard for Americans to get used to the other side of the road.

Advertisement

I have a Valentine One radar detector. I don't know if you are familiar with those but the one I have I payed close to $400 2 years ago. Have only used it once. If I bring it to Australia would it be useful? I dont have any use for it.

Sorry James, but radar detectors are now illegal in Australia. I think police radars also have some sort of device to detect if your car has a radar detector.
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

The ones that don't self oscillate back through the antenna are not detectable but the risk is still there

Yes, Mt Glorious is the path traversed between the Wivenhoe Dam and Samford.

This is a climbing and twisting road, good hotmix, but much of the day there is a problem with slippery surface in shaded areas and where leaves fall on the road.

It claims a motorcyclist every week, I'm told, but it is their favourite road.

Not really Peugeot territory, in my opinion, though a Pug is not out of place at all...

To me, Peugeots and other French cars need to be allowed to wind up. I was just thinking as I scooted along the Jugiong-Harden road how it's a 'ridge road'... a road that runs along the ridges for much of its length, only dropping into the valleys for changes of direction... and the bends are necessarily sweeping and almost endless.

That's great stuff at the 110 to 120 I was using, real enjoyment if you want to tramp it a bit, but there are only two corners at the speed I used that required slowing, a lot that needed concentration.

One some here might know like that is the Silverdale-The Oaks road, though it has a few more tighter corners...

But, of course, you want variety too.

Fellow Frogger!
    RayBell, you were doing between 110-120 and only slowed a couple of times, what was the posted limit in most of the areas you were doing 110-120?

Is that the same road where Chipper skidded on some moss back in March? I seem to recall someone on this board skidding on a slick corner

Fellow Frogger!
    James,

Yeah, i did the "skid"

It was on the road back down to Samford from Mt Nebo, and yeah, lots of leaves, moss and damp patches can hide in the shadows. We were up there again last weekend, Phasis may have photos done if you want a better look.

Chipper

P.S. Are you coming out to Oz for a holiday?

Jamesnj... the Harden-Jugiong Road is a long long way from Mt Glorious, totally different world. It has a 100kmh limit, like virtually all country roads in Australia, only Freeways enjoy the 110kmh limit, and of course there are no limits in much of the Northern Territory... joy of joys, no pedestrian motorists trying to impose their speed on you...

The car feels just about right running on 120kmh... easy running, smooth etc.

Thread Information