Where have all the new members come from ???
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Where have all the new members come from ???

I have noticed that recently we have got HEAPS of new members.

I was just wondering if some of them wouldn't mind posting as to how they came about to be here ???

Advertisement

And especially in Sydney.

In the last few months we have got GTi6, xqisid, stone, DarrenM, xzibit. Thats just a few and they all own hipo Pugs. Then theres MY 4 owning a Clio.

Where'd you all come from so quickly ???

I'm not new, but I think it was Derek who posted something on alt.autos.peugeot which sent me to Aussiefrogs!

Haven't seen him post on alt.autos.peugeot ever since

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Tadpole
    Cal and Parry are in <a href="http://www.asrg.org">another club</a> that I'm in. When I started putting a photo of my pug in my sig on that forum Cal pointed me here but I didn't take much interest as there isn't much about 206's in here. When Parry invited me on the drive I thought I'd find out what you guys were about and joined up as a result.
    2002 206 GTi

Tadpole
    Hey! You didn't mention me!

My joining was pretty quick, I have to say.. I saw a lovely 405Mi16 on my way to work a couple of months ago. Posted a thread on PerformanceForums asking about them, and someone replied with details about the cars in general, as well as a link to PeterT's car for sale.

It was mine a few days later! I joined AussieFrogs somewhere in the middle of it all..

I'm in Perth, though.

Big Chris:
    It was mine a few days later! I joined AussieFrogs somewhere in the middle of it all..

I'm in Perth, though.
    Hey, the more people from Perth on this forum the better I think. wink

Troy.

I met a fella outside my sisters place the other day who had a mint red S16, gave him a fistfull of stickers so he should be joining soon.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Big Chris.

I had forgotten about you.

You've disappeared off PF like most of us pretty much.

I spend more time here than on PF now. Much better atmosphere.

cheers!
    Darren

that's just because you're a grumpy so and so wink :p
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Tadpole
    DarrenM: What's the other club you're a member of? I tried that webpage you listed, but nothing came up *frowns*

TroyO: Hell yeah! Give me a yell one day, we'll catch up for a pint (though not if driving)..

YEL020: Yeah, I know I've been quiet of late.. I just got back from holidays. Was gone for about a month and a half! I'll be post-whoring with the best of them now, though..

GTI124: Eat me! Oh wait, I see what you mean.. wink

As I stated a week or three ago, I reckon we'll reach 2000 by about September.

Natural progression... more people who know people etc.

Fellow Frogger!
    Woke up v.early one morning and realised that my life would be simpler without a 6.3 ltr V8.

I scanned my mind for a suitable replacement - lancia fulvia zagato? 60's 2 door merc??
    hey how about one of those weird citroens!

after some research and a realising that I wasnt going to just 'pickup' a 67 ds pallas...I found myself here... strange really.

Shame you didn't get an FF version...

Maybe not simple, but probably better to drive.

I got my 205 GTi "sticker slapped" at Macquarie Shoppping Centre. around mid last year. I have been telling people about it ever since. I really should grab a fistfull of stickers for the glovebox.....
    Peugeot 306 GTi6
    Peugeot 205 GTiS2, you want it? call me 0414 996 499,

I think...... cant' rember well but i did a search in yahoo... i think.
    I know of atleast 5 people who ive mentioned Aussie Frogs too, mainly pug drivers as this is wat turns my head in the busy crowded streets of sydney.
    IM NOT BEING RUDE, but ive noticed the old cits and renaults are ussually owned by drivers of a simillar seniority.....(xqisid ducks for cover), and most run in fright if i aproach them to talk/ask about their car.
    So over time ive learn't to just give a quick wave and if they respond ill tell em about AF..
    Xq
    ... ptui!

well...while i worked at autobarn (malvern) i used to meet quite a lot of french car owners (mostly older folks--and obviously loyal to the brands)...i had my 205 ( a lttle picture of it above the register and my peugeot cap) and i love the bloody car so i took a lot of interest in what people drove (ocassionally going out to see the car and have a chat)sometimes giving advice and sometimes receiving....anyway every now and then i d get a 205 owner in...and that obviously meant i had to leave the shop for 20 minutes or so(the boss gave up on me--he didn t dare stop me walking out if there was a pug or a ds parked outside the shop...)
    one one occasion i had had a younger guy come in (can not remeber his name-i m useless with names ) and after a bit of a chat he told me to visit aussie frogs...said it was a great forum...so i did,...now u guys r stuck with me....

its a shame i didn t learn about it earlier, could have handed out heaps and heaps of stickers...

When I was looking to buy a car, I was looking for info on Pulsars and Pugs. Came across Andreas's site came to aussiefrogs, but not much was happening really and I didn't have my car yet so I didn't join. Then when I got my pug I forgot about this site because I joined a pug forum in the UK, then found andreas's site again and joined here.
    1995 306 XR

welcome everyone! cheers! cheers!
    "Hi, my name's Lincoln and I'm a pug-a-holic and a tyre-holic"
    Everyone claps
    Lincoln sits down, sips a glass of water.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Cal
    I've been giving out a few stickers but I'm almost out. I must admit, I have only put them on a 206GTI, a Clio Sport and an Mi16. I will have to get a stack more from Greenblood so I can put them on other frogs. As yet, I haven't seen any of these people surface on the forum. I think, some new Froggie owners might just have made a wise choice rather than be French car enthusiasts. We'll see.

Big Chris: the club is Australian Sim Racing Group. Online racing for PC programs like Grand Prix Legends and Nascar Racing. A lot of guys have there own home made cockpits or Hyperstimulators, built in Melbourne. A great hobby to go along with your real motorsport.

Cheers,

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Cal:
    A lot of guys have there own home made cockpits or Hyperstimulators,
    Cal.
    Cockpits and hyperstimulators....Cal I think these discussions should be left in <a href="http://www.weirdsex.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi" target="_blank">http://www.weirdsex.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi</a>
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Tadpole
    Try here: <a href="http://www.hyperstim.com/sim.html" target="_blank">http://www.hyperstim.com/sim.html</a>
    2002 206 GTi

hi,

been a peugeotphile for several years. used to frequent the pccv website, as inactive as it was, for some time - even posted several queries... never got a reply! . neways, just happened to click on the aussiefrogs link, and welll errr, hey presto... just followed the cyber yellow brick road .

i thought it was all kinda lame, at first, just watching all you guys post rebuttles, this and, ummm that. couldnt believe i was actually enjoying all this. And learning, too!

registered, and the rest is history. youre all stuck with idiots like me - i even have trouble changing tyres... least i know how to check tyre pressure mallet .

we
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Cal
    Phasis:
    Cal:
    A lot of guys have there own home made cockpits or Hyperstimulators,
    Cal.
    Cockpits and hyperstimulators....Cal I think these discussions should be left in <a href="http://www.weirdsex.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi" target="_blank">http://www.weirdsex.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi</a>
    You're the one with the link mate mallet

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    i landed here after i was given the link that appeared in the NSW pug club mag way back when there were less than 50 people listed on here
    great to see all the new members and just hope it keeps growing
    the more the merrier and of course many more ideas
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Tadpole
    after buying my car in april last year, found the site by accident while searching for more info on pugs in general. Damn glad I found the site, a great source of info and had blast with the 2 cruises I've been on.
    1994 306 s16

1000+ Posts
    Walshé:
    I got my 205 GTi "sticker slapped" at Macquarie Shoppping Centre. around mid last year. I have been telling people about it ever since. I really should grab a fistfull of stickers for the glovebox.....
    Walshe,
    That woulda been me who stickered you

As for the membership increase... I've started some paid advertising the forum on a prominant search engine. Please don't everyone go searching it out or it'll cost me big $ but I started the advertising last Wednesday hence the big rise in membership since then

Derek.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information