aussiefrogs bumper stickers???
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

aussiefrogs bumper stickers???

Is this a good idea?

Alan S has suggested we should perhaps produce a bumper sticker with the aussiefrogs logo & something like "Join us on the net NOW".

I personally don't think much of the current logo

If anybody wants to have a go at a newer cooler one that may be suitable as a sticker feel free

Advertisement

Alan also suggested these stickers could coincide with get togethers for froggy forum members (like displays, runs) around the country on an agreed date.

I had thought of bumper stickers a while back (when there were about 20 members here ).

So what do we think?

[This message has been edited by gibgib (edited 10 August 2001).]

I'm sorry. I'm not a fan of stickers of any kind on cars. I'd imagine others would be interested though.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

mmm... first thing I do with a new car is to remove all the dealer stickers.
    I even go so far as to apply thinners to the number plate protectors to remove their free advertising
    I once saw a bumper sticker that read:
    "I hate bumper stickers"

derrr!

Fellow Frogger!
    Will it make my car faster? cause if it doesnt, i am getting a type R sticker instead

No sticker for me either thanks. I'm not that bad with the dealer sticker though, my 4 still has one, but it would be difficult to find the dealer as a shopping centre was built on the site about 20 years ago.

Simon
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

The first thing that my sister and I did when she bought her new Honda Civic in 1997 was remove all the dealer stickers and take off the number plates, remove the dealer plate surrounds, and then put the plates back on. It was a big improvement.

I can't believe some of those muffler and tyre places which have the gall to stick they're advertising stickers on their customers cars without asking. They've got no idea of good customer relations.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Phasis
    Yeah, I agree, bumper stickers will seem to "rice" up our cars into "rice cookers". I only have a PCQ sticker and a "Random Breast Testing Unit" number plate cover.

But ill have a go at making up a sticker. I can always fine an excuss for not doing any work.

Guys, Guys,

Methinks we may have lost something in the translation here.
    I'm not trying to get everyone's car looking like a $1999 Hyundai Excel Saturday morning special from a backyard car dealer called "Honest John" in the back blocks of South Brisbane.
    What I enviseaged was something both a bit classy as well as being a bit unique which we might afix to the lower nearside corner of the back window so as not to be too obtrusive but by the same token recogniseable from a distance by another member and readable by pedestrians when parked.
    Even the existing logo done in clear instead of where it is now white may even do the trick.
    Apart from the fact that most of us wouldn't recognize others cars for certain, and the potential for us to get together, the other aspect that I suggested to gibgib (which he has been too modest to mention) is that I for one would be quite happy to pay say $5 a pop for these so as to help offset the running costs of this board and not leaving the whole burdon on him personally nor to have him & us reliant on commercial sponsorship for reimbursement.
    Size of the "window sticker" as opposed to a "bumper sticker" could be around the actual size as we see it on our computers.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Hi Dave,

You just don't get it do you? Bumper stickers and pinstripes make our cars go faster. Just look at those rice boy cars at uni. With a few Mugen, Razo, and TRD (doesn't any Toyota fan see that it sounds like 'turd' when pronounced) stickers, boy do those guys fly!?!

After we put stickers and pinstripes, we then proceed to putting 'flames' on the side to increase engine power exponentially. To improve handling (and pick up chicks) we use fluffy dice to balance feng shui energy in the interior. Hey, why buy Motec when you can get pink shag pile carpet?

And Dave put those stickers back on your sister's car. You're robbing valuable kilowatts from her engine not doing so!
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

Hi guys
    Good to see a lot of replies to this

Phasis, I like your work!
    http://www.powerup.com.au/~alfisti/af/aussiefrogs7.jpg
    - Looks great to me. It says that we don't affiliate ourselves to Frogs (the green things), has the French theme with the flag, the "Aussie" name & of course the confirmation with the 3 logos.
    Would look nice up the top of this board!!

So we are divided a little on bumpers stickers it seems

gibgib,

As I said in my earlier posting, a bumper sticker (glue on the back) would be a bit of a pain if like me you have 2 cars #1 Has a rubber insert in the middle of the bumper whilst #2 Has a plastic rear bumper which is colour impregnated & supposedly worth about 21/2 grand
    As opposed to a rear window sticker (glue on the face) not too big, that could be removed & the glass wiped with Turps to remove all traces.

Alan S

OK,
    I agree with all you guy's that remove unwanted advertising from glass and bumpers of your cars, but I would be quite happy to promote and make a contribution to the Aussie Frogs web site. Phasis has come up with some great ideas that easily translate to the print process, I'm with Alan a sticker that that is applied to the inside of your rear glass looks better and can be more discreit, also easily removed if and when you sell the car. I manage a screenprint business here in Brisbane and would have no problems printing these at no cost. I have also thought about T-shirts or polo shirts for those times when we might get together like the recent Bastille day at Qld Uni, I was there and I'm sure a bunch of you would have been there at the same time a small logo on a shirt would have given us the chance to indroduce ourselves, just a thought.
    I'm in Cheers Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Tadpole
    hey cool stuff there Phasis!
    i checked most of 'em out and they seem awesome!

Phasis
    gibgib, i got no problem with u using those pics as banners, any other art u want done just ask

Very gracious of you GB for offering to do the printing
    So it's easy enough to put the glue on the picture side?
    I'm imagining something like the "Total" sticker that older Cits have...'bout that size???
    Don't worry too much about attempting to cover costs of this site. I also recently added my business website within these walls as well so you can understand there are little "tricks" with the cost Commercial advertising is still welcome though.
    If we want to do this I would prefer not to be involved with the money bit.

GB, how much would say, 50 stickers cost to produce?

Phasis, as you can see, your artwork appears at the top now. Thanks for doing that.
    I might replace the one on index.html as well with one of your others

Is everyone OK with the banner at the top?

Phasis
    Yeah man, no probs, "Share the Knowledge" remember...

I'm in. Quite happy with that as a window sticker.
    gibgib, might have to quote an actual size to relieve any uncertainty regarding actual dimension. (100mm X 25mm) or 4" X 1" approx. Is that the size you are thinking??

Alan S

PS. Congratulations on the art work Phasis & thanx GreenBlood for the ptinting offer.

1000+ Posts
    Looks good to me, too. Be better if the Renault logo was bigger than the others, though...

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    just one point
    i feel that seeing as pugs are the oldest make here they should really be on the top of the sticker
    one other point and not in any malice but aussiefrogs might mean to a lot of people that it is for an anti nuclear party
    elections are coming up remember <g>
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Guys,
    Although I'm only a new member, I really appreciate the enthusiasm you guy's have (especially GB & Alan).
    I normally hate bumper stickers,but a window sticker that represents membership to this website is a great idea.

Keep up the good work!

george

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pugrambo:
    just one point
    i feel that seeing as pugs are the oldest make here they should really be on the top of the sticker
    No chance! The French flag is like that & the Peugeot logo is suited to blue background Red is the usual backdrop for Citroën also...
    Normally on the site I put them in aphabetical order but it's not possible really in this case.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pugrambo:

one other point and not in any malice but aussiefrogs might mean to a lot of people that it is for an anti nuclear party
    elections are coming up remember <g>
    You really think so?
    I thought aussiefrogs sort of covered it all for what our interests are. We could change it, but to what?
    Frogs is harmless I reckon. Doesn't represent the "greenies" or "no nukes".

gibgib,

I think pugrambo is talking "tongue in cheek" about the Pug name going to the top, after all if we start reorganising the French flag..........Sacre' Bleu !!!!! wot next monsieur?? Curreeeeeeed asparagus???? And as far as sounding like an anti-nuke party we'd sound more like we were for it except for one thing - They scrubbed nuclear tests at Muraroa atoll a decade ago. Anyhow it's taken this long for most of us to spell aussiefrogs as one word & I think judging by the places some of the postings come from it's a cool handle for a site anyway; very unique.
    That's my two bob's worth (see I still haven't got the hand of metrics yet )

Alan S

I'm in for a window sticker or 2, The painted glass fibre bumpers & my R10 wouldn't suit bumper stickers. I normally shun advertising stickers except where the business has given a discount or assistance in building the R10 as a sports sedan.
    Go for it.
    Damien.
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

So while you guys were having a great time flying up and down mountains I had to work... I think the speedo on one of your cars needs attention looks like 140kph you guys wouldn't have been speeding would you?

Hey Phasis with regard to the stickers what software did you use to create your design, maybe email me to discuss.

Next time you guys organise a drive I'll come along, just to keep an eye on that faulty speedo.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information