Need help with website creation!
  • Register
  • Help

Need help with website creation!

Hi guys,

Does anybody here have some experience with the Arles Image Web Page Creator?

I've ftp'd it to the Optusnet server (my service provider) and the index.html (or front page) works fine but none of the links work. I try to click on the thumbnails but it can't link to the image itself. I've uploaded all the files to the server so I'm not sure about how to link them together. Can somebody help?

Advertisement

Here is my website to give you an idea:
    <a href="http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/puppylab/Index.html" target="_blank">http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/puppylab/Index.html</a>
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

Fellow Frogger!
    Hi there,

I am unfamiliar with the software that youre using...so i cant be of help there...

I have had a look around as best as i can..
    and have found the following.

you have an 'imagepages' folder with html pages in there..check.

I couldnt find an 'images' folder?
    this folder needs to be in the same directory as the 'index.html' and will contain all the images you are linking to, from your html pages.
    (Am I making sense?)
    this, i think, was generated by your software?

the links from the webpages themselves and also 'index.html' aren't linking - I suspect this could be due to a change in your folder structure after your software has generated the site.

from what I can tell through my browser, (which isn't much) you have your folders mixed up?

it might be easier to start again from scratch and keep a close eye on what the softwate is creating and copy this structure exactly across to your server.

hope this helps.

Dont be discouraged : self publishing is more power to the people : you will get the hang of it.
    head_ban

Fellow Frogger!
    I have had another look and found the folders..ahem..excuse me. mallet

It could be the 'upper case' lettering that you've used in nameing your folders.

give that a go?

Aaron,

Thankyou so much!!! I renamed some of the folders in lower case and it works. Greatly appreciated mate!

Bill.
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

Thread Information