307 SW and 206 SW - confirmed for Aus?
  • Register
  • Help

307 SW and 206 SW - confirmed for Aus?

There is mention in the 7 seater car thread that these cars will be heading to Australia.

Last week, the sales dude at Arncliffe Peugeot was adamant that they were not coming.

I have no doubt that these cars will not flop. Look how many Corolla wagons you see about the place. They are both perfect for the Australian market. Sales of Peugeot's are booming in this country and these will continue that trend. Does anyone else think otherwise?

Advertisement

So.....how can we confirm that they are definately coming, and when?

Brendan

We already have them here in NZ.
    The 206SW in GTi spec only, and the 307 in what looks like XSi spec, but auto-only.

Have looked at the 206SW in detail - it's great, but unfortunately doesn't really offer enough extra space. I suppose it's appeal will be that it looks 'different', and has the extra 2 doors!

With the 206SW at the Sydney Motor Show, I would've thought that meant it was coming out...I assumed it was.

As for the Corolla "success", this is because there is no longer a Camry Wagon, so the customer has a choice of their cheaper People mover and the Corolla. Also, with a large chunk of new car buyers being fleet for Toyota, I would guess that many of these Wagons are fleet cars. I'd be interested to know just how many are bought by the private buyer.

However, I still think it'd do well here. Just making a point about Toyota, and it's relative "success" in the market. You'll never see Pug on the majority of company novated lease lists.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    the thing is that the smaller car wagons never seem to take off as well as the larger family sized cars
    take the 405 wagon for instance compared to the 406 wagon
    the 405 sold fairly well in this country but as far as the wagons went they never seemed to take off as much as the 406 wagon has
    i think generally that when people are looking for a wagon they prefer it to have a little more room ie 406 over 405
    so in my opinion i really couldn't see the 206 or 307 wagon really bieng a hit out here
    even the 504/505 wagons seemed to do better sales wise over the 405 wagons
    my 2 cents worth
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Have a look at the FAQ on <a href="http://www.peugeot.com.au!" target="_blank">www.peugeot.com.au!</a>

All your answers are there, and it's not new news It's been in the public arena for some time now, ever since the new site was launched.

So, contrary to the other thread, I don't think this thread is a 'seed' for Peugeot Australia Still, it doesn't mean that other thread is wrong - I think it's not a bad idea.

Cheers,

Justin

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Hey that section is pretty cool! I have never seen that before.

So the Peugeot dealer was full of shit, that is nice to know

***Cut and paste****

Frequently Asked Questions

HOW OLD IS THE PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE COMPANY?

Peugeot began manufacturing motor vehicles in 1890, making it 112 years old.

WHAT ARE THE SERVICE INTEVALS ON PEUGEOTS?

The service intervals for all Peugeot models (diesel and petrol) are every 20,000 kms or 12 months whichever occurs first.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PEUGEOT HDi DIESEL MOTORING?

The latest technology of the HDi (High pressure Direct Injection Diesel) engines are available in the 307 and 406 range. The result of this impressive technology is performance and smoothness that will silence any diesel critic. Gone are the noise, the smoke and the myth that diesels are slow. On top of this come the benefits of staggeingly low fuel consumption, greater mechanical longevity, and environmentally friendly emission controls.

WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF PEUGEOTS ANTI-CORROSION WARRANTY ON ALL ITS VEHICLES?

There is a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty on every Peugeot model.

WHERE ARE THE CURRENT AUSTRALIAN MODEL PEUGEOTS MANUFACTURED?

206 hatch models are manufactured in Ryton, UK.

206 CC is manufactured in Mulhouse, FRANCE

307 is manufactured in Mulhouse and Sochaux, FRANCE

406 is manufactured in Sochaux, FRANCE

406 Coupe is manufactured at the Pininfarina factory in Turin, ITALY

607 is manufactured in Sochaux, FRANCE

DOES PEUGEOT PRODUCE A 4WD?

Peugeot does not produce a 4WD and there are no plans at this stage to produce this form of vehicle.

DOES PEUGEOT HAVE ANY PLANS TO BRING THE 206 SW TO AUSTRALIA?

We are planning to launch the 206 SW in the second quarter of 2003. Specification and pricing are yet to be confirmed.

DOES PEUGEOT HAVE ANY PLANS TO BRING THE 206 GTi 180 (133 kW) TO AUSTRALIA?

We are planning to launch the 206 GTI 180 in the second quarter of 2003. Pricing on this model is yet to be confirmed.

WHEN WILL THE PEUGEOT 307 SW ARRIVE IN AUSTRALIA?

We are planning to launch this vehicle in the 3rd quarter of 2003. Pricing and specification are yet to be confirmed.

I think the drop in sales from 504/505 to 405 was more to do with the changing market. Pugs were very popular in the country until there was more competition. The market has changed again, and I think the market has changed significantly from near 20 years ago. There is more demand for smaller cars, a wagon the size of a 405 would do better now than previous.

Also, the 405 wagon was in petrol for 2 years, then switched to diesel only and in manual for the majority of it's life. It was very much a niche vehicle, as I recall.
    - Lincoln

Of course the dealer was full of it...they are often the last to be told about anything.
    - Lincoln

***Cut and paste**** DOES PEUGEOT HAVE ANY PLANS TO BRING THE 206 GTi 180 (133 kW) TO <span class=ResizableText0>AUSTRALIA?</span> We are planning to launch the 206 GTI 180 in the second quarter of 2003. Pricing on this model is yet to be confirmed.[/QB][/QUOTE]</span> </span>
    Were do i place my deposit/order in Silver please, with the options+ please.
    Xq

ps, how much trade ya think ill get for my s16?lol
    ... ptui!

Place order with me please. Warwick
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

1000+ Posts
    xqisid
    [QBps, how much trade ya think ill get for my s16?lol[/QB]
    With or without the roll cage? Do they get the interior with it or do they have to pay extra?

:p

Derek

I think the 206 wagon would be quite a good seller out here. Just needs plent of publicity thats all.

Thread Information