French Connection finaly has a web site!
  • Help
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

French Connection finaly has a web site!

Hi Guys,

just noticed in gibgib's links that French Connection has a web site... All I can say is ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!!!!!!! check it out:

http://www.french-connection.com.au/main.htm

It's one hell of a good looking site. Wonder who did all the flash (Dave must be hiding talents we didn't know he had??)

seeya,

Advertisement

Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!
    Looks great, love the crash pickies and the 3 blue 12's in a row. Top site.

Chip

Excellent website! Great work!
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

ME......Hidden talents.......yer right......I could turn a 404 into a stretch lomo, a CX into a convertable, a 15 into a 17, but don't ask me about computors. I could sit here and take the credit for the web site but that would be cheating, the credit goes to Paul, so take a bow Paul I know your out there somewhere, there taking about you, come on don't be shy. I could crap on about it for hours but if you ask me questions I'll answer it.
    Seeya,
    David.

David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

David,
    It is a great site, but from my point of view that's as much to do with your commitment and passion than the look of the site. My loyalty lies with Citroen but I found myself reading every word. Congratulations!!!

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thanks Chris,
    I know it probably looks a little one sided at the moment but that will change, I have a lot of photos of DS's and CX's weve restored and the SM weve got now will go on, I see Pauls put up the Lancia Zagarto Spyder we did a few years back, (I've done so many Italian cars I was in danger of starting to like them).
    I will try to keep it interesting for everyone but my problem isI dont get a lot of Peugeot project cars, I have done lots of 404's and 504's but these days its mainly Renault and Citroen people spending money on restoration, I don't know why, Pugs are easily the most common we service, 505/405/205/306 but its the restoration work that I enjoy.

David.

David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

Hi Dave,

I was told you had an SM there. I'm not really looking for another car but what can you tell us about it. The auto's dead is the only thing I know.

Hows the oil pressure?? (the maserati's lose pressure when they get tired). Has the timing chains primary had a tensioner added, and the valves replaced with stainless (the originals rust internaly and die with none to good results). Is it running stock ignition or one of the US modified titus electonic ignition and chev distributor.

French or US lights?

seeya,

Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Fellow Frogger!
    Thats one thing i have wondered for a while, the Maserati Merak 3.0 V6 , is/was this the same donk as the Volvo/Peugeot/Citroen engine? I understand this car was made just after Citroen took Maserati over.....or did it only share the engine with the huge 6 headlight Citroen jobby (name eludes me) ?

Chip

Hi Chipper,

I remember reading about this somewhere. Off the top of my head, Citroen bought out Maserati and told them they wanted a V6 engine a very short time period. What they ended up with was the V8 engine with two cylinders chopped off and the bores made slightly smaller to bring the capacity down below a certain tax bracket in france.(this is why the V6 has a wierd 'V' angle, it should be a V8!!).

The same engine (but modified for more power??) was used in the Merak along with Citroen high pressure brakes.

And the rest is history I guess....

seeya,

Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Shane,
    The SM is a yanky car with the ugly headlights, the auto is out at the moment being rebuilt, the motor was just recoed in US before coming here, apparently $10,000 US was spent on the motor, but I don't know what was done, it runs very nicely and its one thing about the Italians, they know how to make an exhaust note, it sounds fabulous, the transmission is still a couple of weeks from being finished, were waiting on some seals from US.
    Cheers,
    David.

David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

Righto David,

Brain pickin' time.
    You had a CX you'd just repainted in your "gallery". Tell me-how do you get those poxy little clips off that hold the narrow chrome strips along the tops of the doors, so that you can reuse them & when you refit them is there any tricks to stopping them from parting company with the strips short of Araldite??
    I suppose now you're going to tell me it was a Super not a Pallas

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Alan,
    These will test both your patience and your back, in the centre of the clip theres a pin that you carefully punch inwards through the clip into the panel, this will release tension on the clip and it should come out and pick the pin out from inside the panel and with luck both pin and clip have survived, to refit, put the clip in place and press the pin through the whole to expand the clip and it will stay put. You can't always save the clips but if you use one as a sample I think you can match them up. I was able to match them up, I think Wurth had one that was close enough, otherwise glue them on.

David.

David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

Hi Alan,

My car also had 'bolted' brakets holding these on. it's a tiny captive bolt pressed into a small diamond shape peice of metal. So you bolt the clip to the door leaving it loose, put the 'diamond' shaped bit of metal into the strip and turn the bolt slightly so the diamond shaped bit of metal grabs the strip. It holds bloody tight. Only problem is you have to pull the door trim off to get to the nuts....

Worth making yourself a little batch of them up it all the existing plastic clips break?

seeya,

Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Alan, it depends upon year model. Post 81 a CX should have metal studs protruding from the door rather than the red plastic clips, and the retaining clip that Shane mentions. For a back door, check to see if it has the retaining bolt at the trailing end, if so it's the earlier system (method for rubber strip fitment at bottom of door should also tell you). With the later ones you have to just lever off the strip, which is held by small white plastic clips that slide into the stainless trim and 2/3 encircle the stud. Brittle clips will snap in their narrowest point, the middle - don't know of any replacement part. Replacement can be achieved by sliding clips into appropriate positions in the trim then rolling the trim onto the studs, or by fitting the clips to the studs then pushing the trim down onto them . Neither method seems to promise least likelihood of an old clip breaking on refitment from my experience.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Thread Information