Greetings!
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Greetings!

Greetings!

Hi there Aussie Frogs!

Have just come across this forum - great to see an active Australian-based site for European cars.

My interest in Peugeots is from maintaining my wife Cathie's car - a '92 405 Mi16. We have had this car for two years - it replaced a Ford Laser. The preferred car was a 306, but Cathie is a cellist and a cello doesn't go in the back without folding the seats down. We found the pristine Mi16 and that was it! Apart from a few notable adventures (water pump and radiator died within a short time of one another, timing belt idler bearing, leaky heater core, and worst of all, having the back end rearranged by a &%#*$^ @*$^#*^$#* in a Nissan Bloody Patrol ), it has essentially been a trouble free run. Now that we have a baby daughter, the big boot and spacious back seat are fantastic.

Other cars in the family are my Alfa 164 and my old ex daily driver/club car Mazda 626, just de-registered after 15 years - a resto project for the future!

Previous French cars in the family were a brother with a Renault 12 and a cousin with two Renault 12s.

Greetings to all Aussie Frog Car Owners, and looking forward to regular visits to this site!

Regards,
    John Wiltshire
    Sydney

Advertisement

Hi John,
    Welcome, this site is addictive, I check it at least once a day and often find myself laughing out loud ( much to the discomfort of the rest of the family, ("ooah daaad"). There is a very strong Peugeot following so get in and have a great time. The cello carrying capacity was a strong selling point for the M16, It's a struggle to get the drum kit in the old Cit.
    Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Hey, GB & John,
    Now this is starting to show a bit of potential. Cello - Drums & I've got two who go the cello & Viola plus both the old goanna and one who can handle an "axe" so while we have one group talking about a car for the fast 4's & rotaries calling themselves the "aussiefrogs team" perhaps we could back that with a band or an orchestra - how d'ya think a spot of chamber music would go down at Willowbank??
    Probably not such a good idea; but at least a thought

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Fellow Frogger!
    Welcome John,

This is a fantastic site, and I am one of the afore mentioned "group" who wants to stunn the general population (around willowbank anyway ) with a frog weapon for the next Jamboree. I think you will find any or most questions you have can be answered here and if not, folk like Alan , Dave, Shane, Andreas and the rest can steer you in the right direction.

Tell your friends, lets get to 400 !!

Chipper

Welcome to the board John & pug
    Loof forward to seeing some pictures as well!

gibgib

Thanks guys for the welcome!Looking forword to reading and contributing regularly to the forum!

Alan, the "Aussiefrogs Team Orchestra" sounds like a goer - I should have mentioned that I can also play the piano and sing (but not at the same time )

Cheers,
    John

Thread Information