Computer/Video help required
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Computer/Video help required

Help...

Advertisement

Fuggie Motorsports video edits corrupting when transferred. Corruption if the form of white noise audio.video (snow/hash)

PROBLEM:
    My system is corrupting large .AVI video data files when I transfer my data off my 2x120GB RAID -0 array or 120/80GB EIDE BUS drives onto the 200GB drives which are also on the IDE BUS. Small text files and some small .MPG video data files transfer successfully. It seems to be file size related or possibly AVI video related.

SYSTEM: ASUS P4T533, 1024MB RIMM4200 RAMBUS, RAID, NVIDIA SPECTRA WF17 64MB AGP, CANOPUS DVSTORM2

I have recently purchased two Western Digital WD200JB HDD's. I am aware of the drive limitation in windows of 137GB decimal. I have updated the BIOS, ADAPTI.SYS, enabled LBA in the registry, I am using the WXP service pack 1 installation CD.

Can any I.T. or Digital Video Editing Enthusiast offer any suggestions or solutions to similar experiences.
    Jim-T

1000+ Posts
    I could be a pain and say the only video editing I know that members do is done on Mac OS X.

It sounds like a very strange problem though doesn't it Jim-T.

I have a suggestion you could try. It's by no means a solution, but a potential workaround... Try using some sort of compression program, WinZip, WinRAR or the like, and compress (I know it won't compress by much!) the video file. Then move that compressed file and uncompress it at your destination drive.

If that uncompresses successfully, I guess it'll help indicate where the problem is?

Derek.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    have you got the drives on different IDE ports ?
    are you running 80pin cables ?
    have you tried dumping them onto CD and then trying to dump them back ?
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Thread Information