1st Chinese manned spaceflight
  • Register
  • Help

1st Chinese manned spaceflight

Congratulations are in order for China on successfully launching their first astronaut this morning. I might not like many things that the Chinese government has done, but good on them for this in any case. Those who have been following things will know that China has been slowly working towards this for a number of years using improved versions of Russian spacecraft, so it is no stunt.

They seem pretty keen to start colonising space in the first half of this century, unlike all the other major powers. There will either be a new space race within 30 years or China will become the dominate space power in the solar system. Either way, the real space age may be just beginning and I must say it is about bloody time!

Sorry it's not Froggy automotive related, but it's pretty interesting anyway. I'll shut up now.

Dave

<small>[ 15 October 2003, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: davemcbean ]</small>

Advertisement
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

davemcbean:

They seem pretty keen to start colonising space in the first half of this century, unlike all the other major powers.

Dave
    They need the room.... I too will now shut up wink

<small>[ 15 October 2003, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Haakon ]</small>
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

UFO
    Only problem with launching a Chinese rocket and astronaut - half an hour later you want to launch another one!! roll_lau

B'DOOM TISH!!!!!!!
    dance tongue whip cheers! a_drink
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO:
    Only problem with launching a Chinese rocket and astronaut - half an hour later you want to launch another one!! roll_lau

B'DOOM TISH!!!!!!!
    Now if his spaceship is shaped like a wok...does that make it an unidentified frying object?

dance
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

XTC
    Haakon:
    Yes ... you've met my wife !!!

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

XTC206:
    Haakon:
    Yes ... you've met my wife !!!

- XTC206 -
    I was expecting trouble on that one, and yes I have plenty of chinese friends - they are ones who tell me these things.... No offense meant
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

XTC
    Haakon:
    I was expecting trouble on that one, and yes I have plenty of chinese friends - they are ones who tell me these things.... No offense meant
    Don't worry I know you were kidding .... I've even heard her say "F*[email protected]%^&..... Asian driver !!" approve

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

UFO
    BogMaster:
    UFO:

B'DOOM TISH!!!!!!!
    Now if his spaceship is shaped like a wok...does that make it an unidentified frying object?

dance
    As in UFO? Yep, I'd go with that!!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Dont want to get all political, but id rather have seen that money spent on more important such as human rights,poverty and all that jazz, or at least the olympics 2_cents 2_cents

<small>[ 15 October 2003, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: purrr-geot ]</small>

Zen
    UFO:
    lol, nice one.

I've even heard her say "F*[email protected]%^&..... Asian driver !!" approve

- XTC206 -
    Heh, I say that and I'm asian. tongue

I still have an aunt and her family over there and it makes me mad/sad. I've met my cousin years ago before China changed from full Communism and just hearing his views and his work ethics, it's like an individual could work his/her butt off but at the end of the day, you get the same things as the person next to you who could have been sitting on their ass all day. Why bother? This sort of mentality is so ingrained that a switch to a fully democratic and open market would destroy the lives of most of the Chinese population. It's like being told everything you've grown up with and your thoughts and views on the world are wrong and you have to do it/see things this way. It's like someone saying, "Hey, french cars are crap, why do you put up with them?". You know in your mind that they're wrong 'cos you've lived with it and it's work, it's what you know, how dare they come and tell you otherwise. I sympathize and I admit China's human rights record is bad, but I do see that most of the things they are doing are for the good of the population and not just throwing them in the deep end and drowning themselves in all the choices and freedoms we take so much for granted. China's biggest fear is having the same fate as the USSR... provences and states wanting to separate and tearing the country apart. China thinks that America is to blame for what happened and that's why they dislike them. Another point of view is if China's fate was the same as Russia's then the only superpower left in the world would be America... god forbid. *ducks from things thrown by my American girlfriend* roll_lau

Rich

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

1000+ Posts
    I'm not sure Chine quite has 'superpower' status yet. Maybe thats what the propoganderists might tell the Chinese people however. Which at the end of the day, is what their space prgram is all about.
    Tim

2013 BMW 320i Touring M-Sport xDrive (Estoril Blue)

Thread Information