Good fun at Symmons Plains raceway in my holidays.
  • Register
  • Help

Good fun at Symmons Plains raceway in my holidays.

Howdy all!

Advertisement

I recently got back to Melbourne from tassie, after doing a Trackskill corporate day at Symmons Plains raceway (where they used to have the v8 supercars), and whilst it was in dodgy old VK commodore cup cars (253ci, 4spd), I don't think I've had so much fun in a while. Practice, qualifying, followed by a few races, it was great.

I wasn't the quickest there (i was running in the middle of the field), but I think I did fairly reasonably considering that I've had my license for a year and a half, and i was the youngest there by a good fifteen years. Add to that, whilst I am perfectly capable of driving manual cars, all my cars have been auto, and its few and far between I get to drive a manual car. So I was happy with my performance. It was a fun day, with a few ex-touring car, current future tourer drivers running it. I learnt a heap about cornering, braking and car control and thoroughly enjoyed myself doing it. I'd recommend it to anyone after a fun day, who doesn't want to risk their own car.

Nick

sounds like an awesome day.

can you suggest roughly how much was it?

Is it only the corporate events or can individuals enter?

cheers
    Voytek
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

It was around the $500 mark... And its open to anyone. From what I know they donate some of the proceeds to charity as well. I'd recommend it to anyone who would want to learn a bit about driving and have a great time.

<a href="http://www.trackskill.com.au" target="_blank">www.trackskill.com.au</a>

Nick

Thread Information