Ahhhh! Jimmy!
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Ahhhh! Jimmy!

Ahhhh! Jimmy!

Don't know how many auusie froggers out there took the ooportunity to watch Essendon demolish Freo at Subiaco last night, but anyone who did couldn't have helped being blown away by by the sublime skills of James Hird, even if they hate the Bombers.

What a masterful display! An uncanny positional sense, superb poise making the almost impossible look easy, a staggering ability to get the ball out of seemingly impossible tangles and into the arms of a team-mate, a level of courage in the packs that I have simply never seen equalled, all topped off with a couple of brilliant goals and some inspirational captaincy.

Even though he came off early in the last quarter I'd have to rate it as simply the best display by a single player that I have ever seen in an AFL match.

Here come the Dons! Watch out Sydney.

Advertisement

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

1000+ Posts
    "You can-not be SERIOUS!"

John McEnroe

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    arial ping pong ???
    i'm afraid it never graces the screen on the telly here
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

pugrambo:
    arial ping pong ???
    i'm afraid it never graces the screen on the telly here
    Really makes me wonder sometimes, thousands of dills flocking to watch a bunch supposedly grown men fighting over their balls.
    mallet
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

"Never be afraid to try something new." mallet roll_lau roll_lau roll_lau

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Stuey:
    "You can-not be SERIOUS!"

John McEnroe
    People in the land of purple and plastic inflatable anchors (rather an intriguing contradiction implicit in that when you think about it) feeling a little blue this morning are they Stuey?

Never mind. Sure you'll make another final some year soon! wink

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Im afraid it is aerial ping pong. Why there isnt more soccor on TV here in Australia Ill never know.
    I agree:
    Why do they fight over their balls
    ?

Ah you sacrilegious northerners!

Having grown up with soccer (or , rather, "association football") and rugby league and union in England and Sydney, I was actually "converted" to Aussie rules in Alice Springs, watching Aboriginal teams playing . Once you understand it RL and RU simply become boring. Soccer has its points, but its always a long time between scores. I suspect that's why it results in so many riots!

I guess that's why they have decided to give Sydney's 'Telstra Stadium" over to the AFL instead of the RL next week if the Swans lose tomorrow. Hey, a game that draws bigger crowds for a home and away match, in a "rugby league" town like Sydney, than you get at your finals or "state of Origin" games, has got have something going for it, you know!

Ball!

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

AFL puts me to sleep. I like motor racing!!!!!
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

1000+ Posts
    Nahhhh, Rod, I'm an Eagles supporter...

I don't deny that Hird played well (28 possessions) and his talk with Cupido seemed to inspire, but the best ever?! Obviously you wrote this while still under the influence of win induced euphoria!

And as for the lame comments by the rest of you? Aerial ping pong? Bloody hell...

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Pugnut403:
    AFL puts me to sleep. I like motor racing!!!!!
    Yeah, I couldn't agree more.

There's a pittyfuly small amount of motor racing on Australian telly. Why don't we have wall to wall coverage of Rally Australia for example? Instead we get the same old bunch of suits giving never ending post mortums of footy games that have already been broadcast from start to finish! And why don't we get to see Formula One qualifying sessions? Can't even get Formula One on Pay TV!
    cry
    2004 Clio Expression Verve 4sp auto -
    1984 Fuego GTX 5 speed (now a write off) -
    1976 504 GL auto (sold)

French cars, Australian wine.

Stuey:
    Nahhhh, Rod, I'm an Eagles supporter...
    My condolences, Stuey!

I don't deny that Hird played well (28 possessions) and his talk with Cupido seemed to inspire, but the best ever?! Obviously you wrote this while still under the influence of win induced euphoria!
    Possession alone don't tell the story, Stuey. though it was, of course 28 possessions in not much more than 3/4's of football. But it was the quality of what he did with just about each and every one of them, and the manner in which he obtained them that showed his tru brilliance. I thoroughly recommend watching a replay if you have Foxtel footy. Poetry, sheer poetry, even 48 hours after the event!

And as for the lame comments by the rest of you? Aerial ping pong? Bloody hell...
    Stuey[/QB]
    We should probably allow the north eastern barbarians to continue to live in their current state of ignorance, and ignore their foolish jibes when I think about it Stuey. Its hard enough to get a ticket to an Essendon match over here as it is!

But no doubt a whole host of them will emerge from the woodwork and pretend to have been AFL supporters since birth, if, as appears likely at the end of the third quarter, Sydney manage to knock off Port!

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

1000+ Posts
    [quote]Rod Hagen:
    Possession alone don't tell the story, Stuey. though it was, of course 28 possessions in not much more than 3/4's of football. But it was the quality of what he did with just about each and every one of them, and the manner in which he obtained them that showed his tru brilliance. I thoroughly recommend watching a replay if you have Foxtel footy. Poetry, sheer poetry, even 48 hours after the event! Rod
    Sorry, I can't watch the Dockers twice in a weekend. (where's the vomiting Graemlin?)

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Sorry, I can't watch the Dockers twice in a weekend.
    Don't watch the Dockers, Stuey. Just watch Hirdy wink

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Thread Information