Does Your Style of Driving Upset your Wife?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Does Your Style of Driving Upset your Wife?

Does your driving style upset your wife? If so, what in particular is it about your style she doesn't like?

Advertisement

My friend's mom rides in the back seat when his dad is driving. I know another man who zooms into the garage big time just to upset his wife on purpose.

No james as Im single so I am normally the only one in the car apart from the old girl every now and then..

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    That's what wives do ... There've been programmed from birth to complain and whine about everything possible.

However in my case, my wifes perfect and never complains, neither does my mother (she just refuses to get into a car with me driving roll_lau ). You know you must be careful what you say with DoubleChevrons mum, and Mrs DoubleChevron lurking mallet wink whistle

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    my other 1/2 actually likes the sit you back in the seat acceleration of the GTi-6
    and for my mother...........
    well she just likes low level flying and cornering hard
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

My ex was such a whinge she used to nag me into obeying the speed signs on windy roads, in mountains i had to pull over & change drivers.
    mallet mallet mallet mallet mallet mallet
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

Zen
    My other half keeps saying she doesn't like the noise from the new pod filter and exhaust. Funny thing is she got all hot and flusted when I accelerated hard before the mods. Wonder what she'll think when I run it in and have the cams adjusted. roll_lau

Rich

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Haven't got one.
    I often have Dad in the car, and he tells me off a bit, but I don't break the speed limit, cos I can't afford any fines.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

nJm
    well I don't have one but my mum certainly doesn't appreciate even slightly enthusiastic cornering in the 505 due to the body roll. Then one day we discovered that sure, the 505 will roll a lot when going around a corner quickly, but her Magna remain flat while understeering and skid onto the wrong side of the road... She's changed her tune now whistle .
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Don't know what Linda thinks of my driving. Grumbles about the large size of the gap I leave in front of me sometimes. Half the time she just claims car sickness unless she's driving, grabs the keys and hairs offf down the road with me in the passenger seat.

I call her Fangio, especially now she has Carmella, the red XSi.

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Um, well the girlfriend don't like the car, the fact that's its not really reliable and has no aircon is another problem. No heater, aw shucks

James
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

I daren't answer this question...

Just look at where I live, work it out for yourselves.

Not married but Girlfriend dissaproves of my driving. Mainly speed and unescessary risks, not for the sake of getting anywhere quickly just for the fun of it. I hate people who speed only 3-4km/h over the limit and hog the right lane, I have to pass them down the emergency lane/ footpath/ median strip.

Fuel consumption when I drive is about 14l/100, with her driving about 9l/100...

I've tried the "wipe off 5 thing" but the difference between 160 and 155 doesn't seem much?

Ow boy do I cop from Sarah it when I get amoungst it on open roads. Mt Glorious, Tamborine, Peachester, Springbrook etc etc. I even get called a 'dickhead' when the time comes to nail some rice.

Thats said, she was a very good sport in Sydney on the Old Pac Highway. Not a murmur...mind you she had her eyes closed most of the time... I would of two at the cracking pace we made.

An anycase, there is a time and a place for 'spirited' driving and the city is not one of these so it's not ofter I hear "Stop being a dickhead" in my left ear.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

UFO
    Between Deb and I we usually negotiate who gets to drive the "good bits" like Brown Mt between Cooma and Bega and various others. We both like a spirited drive.

However, she likes to remind me that I travel too close to other cars at times - particularly in Sydney traffic. I knew this was a fault (passed on from Dad) but I have worked on it real hard and am much better now. Funny enough it usually leaves the gap you need to get out and around when the need arises. dance

If we are driving home at night from Sydney, when we hit the freeway I usually hear the whirr of the electric seat winding back a bit then a short time later a gentle snore from the left as Deb catches 20 mins of sleep while I drive home. That, to me, indicates her implicit trust in my driving blush whistle
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information