Anyone going to the WA Rally?
  • Register
  • Help

Anyone going to the WA Rally?

I,m off to get dusty and deaf on saturday, and would love to meet some locals who know how to get out to the remote sections away from the officials for a good look!

Advertisement
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

You might have left it just a little bit late for 206gti.net's resident Perth rally-head, who just signed off tonight for a couple of weeks leave to cover the event (among other things, I guess ...).

peugeot_ 206GTi
    renault_ Clio 1.4L auto
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

I'm heading off to Gloucester park shortly to watch the SS1 stage and I'll either be heading out to the forests Sat or Sun - haven't decided which as yet

Unfortunately, it is getting more and more difficult to get to those 'other' places you talk about as the safety control-net is much tighter so unless you're part of a team or a rally official it's really quite difficult to do. On the positive side, I've had quite good feedback from the guys that have gone out the new 'Rally Villages' that they've created which apparently give you a great view of quite a lot of road section from a central area.

Enjoy

Cheers
    Steve
    Renault Clio F1R27 road car and Supercharged Lotus Elise track car

Went along to the forest stage on Saturday. Bloody great!!! Its really good to hear all those little noises like turbos whossing and whistling, gearboxes screaming, turbos backfiring (especially the Hyundais - I'm amazed the things still had exhausts on them!!). Bloody Tommi Makkinen sprayed me with gravel the bugger
    Does anyone know what they run these things on - the exhaust smells a bit two stroke, but sweeter.
    Its also good to see they are still very different cars, the Subis with their flat 4 growl, the Focus the hardest/harshest sounding, the the froggy cars with a deeper growl, but still that inline 4 scream. and that popping and banging on a trailing throttle as they come though a windy bit into a corner! Drooooooooll!!

<small>[ 08 September 2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Haakon ]</small>
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Thread Information