Wheresya goin' fer Christmas?
  • Register
  • Help

Wheresya goin' fer Christmas?

As the Holiday period draws near, presumably some will be taking off on holidays.
    Whose going where, and if any members are going to be in the neck of the woods inhabited by other aussiefroggers, may be a chance to swap phone numbers so that they can either "catch up" or in case of an emergency and need assistance, the peace of mind of knowing that there is someone within phone call distance who can either render assistance or advise who to contact.
    I live in the Wide Bay region in southern central coastal Queensland, so anyone passing through my region, let me know your mobile number and approximately when you'll be in the area and I'll respond by giving you my mobile as a point of contact.
    Could I suggest others think about doing the same, even if you aren't in a Tourist area but are en route to one, it could be of help.
    I can always remember sitting in Gunnadah one Sunday morning at 9 am with LHM p!$$!ng out of a suspension leg & thinking to myself "who do I know around here who might be able to offer some assistance." Moral support would have been enough

Alan S

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

UFO
    Well Deb and I will be off up the north coast of NSW for the next two weeks - as far as Coffs. Send me a private message if you are in the area and have time to catch up.

The fridge raider is staying home to watch the house, dog and cat. Or is it that they are watching him???
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

We'll be in Melbourne for two weeks, but taking the big silver bird (Qantas) eek! I'll be using the rels cars whilst we're there so no requirement for LHM alas but I'd love to catch up with Vicfrogs. cheers!

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

A week visiting the sister, but I doubt the bus between Shanghai and Yangzhou is a Citroen/ Peugeot/ Renault, nor if it broke down that there'd be an Aussiefrog member living nearby.
    May manage to get some photos of chinese made Cits though.
    Best wishes for the season to all.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

me going to lebanon, and with it being a exfrench colony, no wonder why all 3 froggy brands are the most popular cars there, im expecting to see heapz of pugs as i believe the 206 is one of da most popular cars sold there
    but that means my peugeot sits in my garage for a 3 months.... frown
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

Off to Wagga and then across to Berry and then back to Sydney.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Going nowhere, so I can provide moral support/some emergency Renault parts to anyone coming to/passing through Adelaide
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Tadpole
    I'm going to Italy!

Rome, Venice, Milan, Florence, Siena and Pisa (though not in that order). I'll be in Venice for Christmas, and Rome for New Years. If anyone has some suggestions for where I should go, let me know!

Singapore (land of the 1.6 litre automatic Pug 406....) and London (land of RHD 106GTi's, XM V6 turbos, ZX Volcanes, R21 Quadras and heaps of other tasty stuff we never see in Australia).

I'm in Singapore right now - quite surprising, the number of Renault Kangoos here. I get to potter around in a relatives' Rover 620SLi (mechanically identical to old Honda Accord , but with much more tasteful styling and interior). Considering the price of cars here is 2-3 times that in Australia (exchange rate being approx 1:1), it's amazing the amount of Benzes, Boomers and Lexii around.
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

An hour & a half south to Woodenbong NSW

Big Chris:
    I'm going to Italy!

Rome, Venice, Milan, Florence, Siena and Pisa (though not in that order). I'll be in Venice for Christmas, and Rome for New Years. If anyone has some suggestions for where I should go, let me know!
    You lucky man!!! If you've never been there, Venice will not disappoint. It has to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I was there in 98 and I'm still in love with the place!

If you've never been there, grab a Lonely Planet guide and give it a good read before you go. Watch out for the 10 year old gypsies with cardboard sheets - they attempted to rob me twice in Rome.

When in Rome, one of the lesser known attractions is the Cappuchin Crypt. If you have a fairly strong stomach, it is certainly worth a visit. Basically, it is a temple/crypt where literally everything inside is made of the bones of deceased Cappuchin monks (and some children representing the angels). Above the skulls of one the the monks is the motto "What you are now, we once were; what we are now, you will be." Haunting stuff.
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Poor me,

I'll probably be stuck in Ballarat Maybe I'll get to go for a spin to "The arse end of the planet" mallet mallet Other than that, I'm not sure.

Hey, next Easter isn't far away though dance dance

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

was hoping to see the old folks in Cairns but left it too late for a reasonable fare unless you reckon $1,000 is ok!!
    so instead will potter around Victoria and do some surfing...if anyone in a Cit needs help then ring 0425 714 745 and will assist if possible
    Have fun all
    Andrew :p cheers! whip
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Jez 405:
    Singapore (land of the 1.6 litre automatic Pug 406....) and London (land of RHD 106GTi's, XM V6 turbos, ZX Volcanes, R21 Quadras and heaps of other tasty stuff we never see in Australia).

I'm in Singapore right now - quite surprising, the number of Renault Kangoos here. I get to potter around in a relatives' Rover 620SLi (mechanically identical to old Honda Accord , but with much more tasteful styling and interior). Considering the price of cars here is 2-3 times that in Australia (exchange rate being approx 1:1), it's amazing the amount of Benzes, Boomers and Lexii around.
    XM V6 Turbo question question

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

UFO
    GreenBlood:
    Jez 405:

XM V6 Turbo question question

Cheers
    Chris
    Yeah, where the hell would ya fit a turbo under the bonnet of a V6 XM!?!? eek!

BTW, the plural of Lexus is Lexarses - git it roight mayte! mallet
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO
    Big Chris:
    I'm going to Italy!

Just a word of advice. When you are in Venice, make sure you keep the windows up and the wipers on flat out! ha ha ha....

Have a great time you lucky bstd!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO:
    Big Chris:
    I'm going to Italy!

Just a word of advice. When you are in Venice, make sure you keep the windows up and the wipers on flat out! ha ha ha....

Have a great time you lucky bstd!
    Another word of advice is to watch out for those Kamikaze pigeons. And defintely visit the Rialto bridge and pay a visit to the Venetian mask shop near the foot of the bridge (I've forgotten it's name) - have lots of money handy
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

Pug and I will be camping at Huskisson, Jervis Bay NSW blush
    Daniel Djuracic

Ex UK spec 89 309
    206 XT 1.6 16V (Diablo Red)with Peugeot Lion in back windows

Thread Information