MOTUL oils????
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: MOTUL oils????

MOTUL oils????

i work in the mentone autobarn ocassionally....and have noticed a new brand on the shelfs....its called MOTUL....read the back of the containers and it reads "made in FRANCE" WOW....i was surprised....how good are these oils???anybody used it in their frog....i love the penrite products for my 205gti....i m thinking the motul synthetics would be just the oil for the s16...it seems really well priced compared to castrol mobil,etc

Advertisement

cheers
    dino

Cal
    It's good stuff, but it's expensive. It's not new. It has been around forever.

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

they are pushing this massively through the Autosalons and Jamboree and the performance market with Promotional girls/cars. seems to be taking off.

How much are they asking for engine oils....fully synthetic ones of course.

And where can you get them I have not seen them up here in Queensland yet.

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

-Memories are good only if you don't have to deal with the past.-

You don't need them in Qld...

You can get Cadillac readily for less money. Just take a drive out to Plainlands.

Ray Bell:
    You don't need them in Qld...

You can get Cadillac readily for less money. Just take a drive out to Plainlands.
    Ray,

What do you mean???..'don't need them in Qld'??

What is Cadillac and where is Plainlands..

Sorry for asking really dumb questions mallet

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

Cadillac Oils... really top quality stuff, I use it, have done for several years.

Plainlands is before Gatton, on the way to Toowoomba, it's at Regency Downs, actually.

Buy in 20-litre drums and the price is really good, but you can get 5-litre if you want.

dino:
    ....i m thinking the motul synthetics would be just the oil for the s16...it seems really well priced compared to castrol mobil,etc

cheers
    dino
    Get whatever sticker on the bottle takes your fancy and your wallet can handle the $$$$strip.
    But I highly recommend a Full or Semi synth oil in about 10-50W.. as your S16 will most probably have over 75,000Ks, yes?
    I used both Penzoil and Mobil1 (full synthetic)at the race track in 10-50W, and service it every 5000k's but, for a road car 10,000Ks in ok, but my pug gets babied.
    Good luck with your S16, and good luck with the OIL filter change, you will probably need a hand or a shop to assist/do the work..lol. - chris
    ... ptui!

Sorry for the thread high-jack, since we are on the topics of oils. Have anyone used or have experience with the Castrol Formula R range of oils cos they have one that is 10W-60.

CHeers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

Billy, id be a little causios of ussing a 10-60w oil, i don't know how many K's either of your pugs have but, if its near/over 100,000 (and not had a full rebuild) id recommend 15-60W just as that much extra safety.
    pug engines when looked after will go forever, but i notice the little things when i whent from 5-50w to a 15-60W, just a little easier starting, a little less hot when im giving it stick out on the track, and seems to cope very well too..
    But whilst i could get well beyond 5000K's out of every oil change, i prefer to take it on the safe side and change it every 5000K's, spesh if you give em a bit of a hard time.
    As for Castrol Brand i can't see anything wrong with it, and my brake fluid is CastrolDOT4++ and is priced well and works a treat.
    I once tried mixing 1/4 liter Castrol Magnatec with 3/4 Litre Mobil1 full Synth.. noticed nothing worth writing home about, but it was the coolest my engine ever ran at the track, 100% of either brand wasn't as cool but also neither skipped a beat..
    I honestly think the brands are not as important, as the right match for your car... but make of that what you will. chris
    ... ptui!

CHRI'S16:
    Billy, id be a little causios of ussing a 10-60w oil, i don't know how many K's either of your pugs have but, if its near/over 100,000 (and not had a full rebuild) id recommend 15-60W just as that much extra safety.
    pug engines when looked after will go forever, but i notice the little things when i whent from 5-50w to a 15-60W, just a little easier starting, a little less hot when im giving it stick out on the track, and seems to cope very well too..
    But whilst i could get well beyond 5000K's out of every oil change, i prefer to take it on the safe side and change it every 5000K's, spesh if you give em a bit of a hard time.
    As for Castrol Brand i can't see anything wrong with it, and my brake fluid is CastrolDOT4++ and is priced well and works a treat.
    I once tried mixing 1/4 liter Castrol Magnatec with 3/4 Litre Mobil1 full Synth.. noticed nothing worth writing home about, but it was the coolest my engine ever ran at the track, 100% of either brand wasn't as cool but also neither skipped a beat..
    I honestly think the brands are not as important, as the right match for your car... but make of that what you will. chris
    Thanks for the advice Chris. At the moment I am looking at some slightly higher Winter grade engine oils, cos at the moment I am using 5W-50 Mobil 1, I want to change to something like at least 10W or 15W but still staying with fully synthetic. I have a minor recon engine about 20k km ago (now 190k km on the clock), with new rings and slippers and a minor skim but still able to use std head gasket. I found that I currently using a bit of oil because the oil is too thin when cold and possibly burnt it or leak through valve stems while the oils are getting to operating temp.

At the moment, the 205 are being used as a weekend car wink , so I want to use a good quality oil so that when I don't use it the oil in the engine hopefully won't attack my engine too much.

The ideal oil for me would be a fully synthetic 15W-60. Does any oil companies make that??

Before I forget, thanks to whoever answers my question and I apologise for the thread hi-jack again shy

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

BW205:
    The ideal oil for me would be a fully synthetic 15W-60. Does any oil companies make that?? :confused

Before I forget, thanks to whoever answers my question and I apologise for the thread hi-jack again shy

Cheers
    Billy[/QB]
    Billy, Mobil1 def make a 15-60, thats what i use... - chris

ps ring around as ANY reputable brand in that weight is all good.
    ... ptui!

BW205:
    The ideal oil for me would be a fully synthetic 15W-60. Does any oil companies make that?? :confused

Cheers
    Billy[/QB]
    Billy, Mobil1 def make a 15-60, thats what i use... - chris

ps ring around as ANY reputable brand in that weight is all good.
    ... ptui!

chris:

where do u get your mobily 15W-60??

Cheers
    Billy
    cheers!
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

Did you check to see if Cadillac have that product?

You'd be surprised what they have...

Ray Bell:
    Did you check to see if Cadillac have that product?

You'd be surprised what they have...
    Ray,

Is Cadillac a oil company or a company that is a distributor that sells oils??

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

BW205:
    chris:

where do u get your mobily 15W-60??

Cheers
    Billy
    cheers!
    I buy my 1Lt top up at my local Repco, and the rest i buy here in sydney...
    If Cadillac sell it and you like the price, go for it, honestly the fancy art work on the front label means FA to me, i just use Mobil coz its readily available, well for me any way... - chris
    ... ptui!

BW205:
    Is Cadillac an oil company or a company that is a distributor that sells oils??
    They market top quality oils that are sourced from a blender in Sydney.

Because they are a 'boutique' oil supplier, they have only the very best they can obtain.

But because they market against the general run, they sell at competitive prices.

The difference is made up by having no overheads, they work from the shed behind their home at Regency Downs.

George is a genuine bloke who has a genuine product at a genuine price. Give him a call... ask him anything you want, you'll get honest answers.

Ray Bell:
    BW205:
    Is Cadillac an oil company or a company that is a distributor that sells oils??
    They market top quality oils that are sourced from a blender in Sydney.

Because they are a 'boutique' oil supplier, they have only the very best they can obtain.

But because they market against the general run, they sell at competitive prices.

The difference is made up by having no overheads, they work from the shed behind their home at Regency Downs.

George is a genuine bloke who has a genuine product at a genuine price. Give him a call... ask him anything you want, you'll get honest answers.
    Ray,

Not be any chance you can give me their phone number

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

Originally posted by BW205
    <strong>Not be any chance you can give me their phone number
    Mobile is 0427 725 025

That's George...

Thanks Ray