Jean Todts T16 Road car for sale.
  • Register
  • Help

Jean Todts T16 Road car for sale.

Hey guys checkout <a href="http://www.carclassic.com" target="_blank">www.carclassic.com</a>
    Some very tasty French cars for sale.

Does anyone know of any T16 205s in Oz?

peugeot_ Zee205

Advertisement

There is now one in NZ, owned by Peter Johnstone. It is his latest Targa NZ rally car, but did not finish the recent Targa. Broke the gearbox apparently. Was very quick in the hilly windy stuff up to then. It is ex USA an 85 EVO 1 but he has many EVO 2 parts. It took Peter about 18 months to master and gain total reliability from the MG Metro 6R4 that he had sold to buy the T16. But he finished 2nd in his 2nd attempt at Targa NZ in 2001. He has the resources to make the car reliable and is a good driver. It is exciting to see one competing here.
    It is reputed that he had the motor detuned a bit as he found the aceleration on turbo to be much more than he had experienced before. He wanted to get a handle on the car before it blew him away!!! mallet

Whilst in SA i drove a T16, the best pug ive ever driven, it was LHD and was prepared for tarmac atack!!\
    a pug repairer who worked from his back yard owned it and sold parts to my dads 405.
    Wasn't obviously road legal but in this hillbillie town few people new about it. think its off to the road al together, last i heard 3 years ago.
    Were the all T16's on the road white?
    xqisid...
    ... ptui!

xqisid:
    Whilst in SA i drove a T16, the best pug ive ever driven, it was LHD and was prepared for tarmac atack!!\
    a pug repairer who worked from his back yard owned it and sold parts to my dads 405.
    Wasn't obviously road legal but in this hillbillie town few people new about it. think its off to the road al together, last i heard 3 years ago.

Except for the ex Jean Todt car, every street version of the T16 I have seen in books and videos were charcoal.
    I would love to see a T16 in the flesh let alone drive one ya lucky bugger.
    Please tell some more about the car. There wouldnt be many people in Oz who have driven one.
    xqisid...

Fellow Frogger!
    xqisid:

xqisid...
    No, many of them were grey.

Dave

Cal
    xqisid:
    xqisid...
    As far as I understood, only one white road car was ever built.

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Of the few minute i had in the T16 a few things suck out, one LOUD, you could swear the engine was inside with you, two VERY SMALL mirrors or maybe i just remember them like that. I remeber he had weird windows and the door felt clumsy, much like a 205GTi. We didn't talk for very long and tobe honest i only drove it for a total of 8-10 minutes, but it felt really awesome, very very quick and the turbo sang very loud.
    I remeber stalling twice before i got moving. This car had a funny dash with most things missing, or are all of them like that?
    Was the g/box in front or behind the axels because ( im no mechanic ) the egine seemed to sit very high, but what do i know, i didn't really know much about T16's at the time, i was 18 about to turn 19, i still don;t know much. What would be cost of one now?? is that targa one from NZ road legal, as this white one had NEVER been registered as a road car. I want one?!!! boo hoo.
    xqisid
    ps at the time i thought my dads pug was cooler coz it had an aftermarket cd player..lol
    ... ptui!

Thread Information