De-spirited frogger
  • Register
  • Help

De-spirited frogger

My poor Fuego suffered its second dose of vandalism in 5 months Someone keyed my drivers door while parked at my gf house. I think it was just a random attack as i dont know anyone in that side of town. My drivers door got re-sprayed about 3 months ago after someone mangled it to get to my CD player

Ive had enough. I wont be fixing it until i have a garage to put it in and another car to cruise around in. Whats more ive taken my 16' wheels off and i'll be taking my grille off 2day as im sure it will be bound to be badged somewhere down the track. Im not gonna even wash it anymore so that it dosent attract ANY attention

I pray to God to catch these pricks 1 day

Sniff dead

Advertisement

Cal
    That really sux man. I know how you feel. Some prick coined the front guard of my MI16 a few months ago. Brainless losers with nothing better to do. It would be nice to get you hands on them hey!!

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

I heard the other day that the Fuego I sold to my girlfriends friend got keyed a week after she got it.... I of course used it as an excuse to try and convince her to sell it back to me, but she wont budge. She knows what a bloody great car she got and I get the impression she will keep for quite a while!
    Dont stress about the **** knuckles who screwed with your car mate. I'm a big beleiver in Karma - what comes around, goes around.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Sorry to hear that, I some idea. Past six months I've had my car spat on (not nice finding a goober on your bootlid at the end of the day), passenger doorlock broken (nothing stolen ) and debadged outside uni - goodness knows why. It was probably another 405 owner. Who else would want a 405 badge? I've been driving around grilless for the past few weeks, until today when I found out that I could open the bonnet from the outside... eek!

I swear if I ever catch any industrial strength w*nker doing this sort of thig, I'll start removing fingernails once I'm through with the Pug jackhandle.....
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

Sorry to hear all your hard luck stories.
    I once parked in one of sydney's swankiest suburbs (double bay) on the main drag, bettween an M3 and a E class, only to return to find my Drivers side door lock screwdriverd and the panel deneted.
    Pricks,.....(insert sound of fustration here).....
    being an eletrician by trade and having done house/commercial alarms before i custom installled a 3point alarm with immobilisers and internal and external sirens, and mobile ( MY mobile) paging if needed. It cost me a bit $600, not instaled, but i have something helping to keep my car
    Cheers xqisid

ps, fit flashing LED's they are cheap from dick smith/jaycar and will probably save you if the idiots see them. probably..
    ... ptui!

Yeah ive got an immobiliser which has got a flashing LED but ofcourse it only goes so far. I suppose the prick that stole my CD player thought "I'll smash the window first, if the alarm goes off i'll bolt".

That pager thing is a VERY good idea. I would love to catch these low-lifes. Some guys at uni want to do a stake-out by leaving a mobile phone, handbag etc in a car and wait in another car with baseball bats...but we realise that we may need to have quite a bit of time...

Hey JEZ, i used to know of guys (when i was about 16) that used to collect car badges. They used to get of cars on the street, shopping centres etc. Prized possesions were ofcourse Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar etc badges. Sadly i'd say these bastards exist everywhere.

UFO
    Jez 405:
    Sorry to hear that, I some idea. Past six months I've had my car spat on (not nice finding a goober on your bootlid at the end of the day), snip..
    A fellow Citroenist came back to his car at StarCity one night to find even worse. An "enthusiastic" couple had left obvious remnants of their close encounter on the roof of his car! eek! dead disappro

He didn't need the extra rubber for the car as it already had sufficient grip on the road! mallet
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO

He didn't need the extra rubber for the car as it already had sufficient grip on the road! mallet [/QB]
    I was out in Manuka Canberras double bay equivalent on Xmas eve last year with a mate in his 760 Volvo. We parked it in a side street.
    Came back 6 hours later and the roof had been jumped in by a few inches. The car was immaculate prior and it also had an electric roof.
    $7000 and a new roof imported from Germany and it was back to new 4 months later.

Don't bother commenting on the fact it was a Volvo etc etc.
    The fact is, it was a nice car in perfect condition and some pissed idiot (we assume) took to it because he didn't like the badge. Disheartening to say the least.
    ipb frown

[email protected] rubber story and the "dont comment about it being a volvo"..story.

Guys lets get alarmed at least!, did you know that most top Insurance companies will recommend an installer and even reduce their prices (slightly).
    ... ptui!

1000+ Posts
    I can certainly relate to your plight renaulturbo.

My son lives in the Moorrabin area of Melbourne and parks his Fuego in the
    street. Some months ago the front windscreen of the car was crunched with
    a baseball bat. Unfortunately, he had borrowed my spare Fuego as I was fixing his
    (not a good thing as he also had two front wheels and tyres stolen from the same
    car earlier in that month) and it was my car that also copped the damage!!
    Cost $160 for a new windscreen, (NOT from windscreens Obrien as they wanted a
    heap more than that, plus extra money to come out on a Holiday weekend!!)

Apparently local gorillas like to ride around in cars swinging baseball bats at parked
    cars at random - great fun!! In the same street he later had the drivers side mirror
    smashed (on his own car) by way of a running kick that left a dent in the drivers door.

I used a plastic mirror ($3.50 to repair it) as I figured the idiots would probably return
    and do it again unless poetic justice intervened and they wound up with an injured
    foot from the first time. If I caught the B..****'s they would be in even worse shape.

Maybe its hate Fuego's time, or just a social comment from the unnoccupied brains
    of envious idiots. Either way don't lose heart ... and I agree with Haakon what goes around
    comes around.....!!

Ken.

renaulturbo:

Hey JEZ, i used to know of guys (when i was about 16) that used to collect car badges. They used to get of cars on the street, shopping centres etc. Prized possesions were ofcourse Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar etc badges. Sadly i'd say these bastards exist everywhere.
    One of my friends' neighbors is one of those morons. They completely debadged his Daewoo Lanos one night (ok, probably an improvement but it's the PRINCIPLE), so we retailiated by removing his Magna's grille, and plastic strip between the taillights as well as the relevant badges. Haven't heard from them since....

Re: alarms. I always thought that alarms were for high risk cars (Commodores, WRX's, anything modified or with ICE) or for those living in high risk areas. I guess I'll start looking into getting something installed.

<small>[ 25 November 2002, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Jez 405 ]</small>
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

1000+ Posts
    Yep Jez

Revenge is sweet, but of course you have to be sure you get the RIGHT culprit, many years ago
    I recall a member of the Constabulary who lived in a Court in a "nameless" Melbourne suburb
    got annoyed at people who would constantly park in front of his home, so one night he let
    down all the tyres of that car. By two months later retaliation had spread to a neighbouring
    Court where a resident had four new tyres slashed on his new Holden wagon. Of course this
    fellow was saying "I reckon its the bloke accross the road, as six months ago he and I had words"!!.......................!!! Who knows how far retaliation would have spread, (the suburb was
    a fairly volatile one) had not, he been convinced by "saner heads" that speculation is
    not a good substitute for actual proof.....

Ken.

I still keep using my old system. If you own a Cit & need something for shopping centres or leaving parked out, you grab an old CX or GS. A Pug owner a 504. In the case of a Renault owner a cheap Feugo or R-12 and you let it get the "good car but not pampered" look about it.
    Let's face it, types who go round damaging cars for the sake of it are usually pretty mentally challenged (to put it politely) tongue tongue (think "Timmy!!!") so to them it's an old shitbox not worth damaging because the owner doesn't give a toss anyway. The fact that it's fairly solid and somewhat original is enough to not attract the long arm of the law, although some of them are mentally challenged too at times mallet mallet and if at a shopping centre you have things happen as do to me, where a wank tank commandant opens a door on your car puts a small dent in & sarcastically looks at you and smirks "sorry," you can do as I do & return the favour and reply "so am I" as you cave him a door in dance
    Also FWIW, I bought another siren to go on the 16V yesterday from Dick Smith. I intend wiring it in tandem with the other alarm once I sort some wiring. This one was only $25. It has an output of 120dB and has 6 different varieties of siren sounds that it goes progressively through.
    Alternative two is I might wire this up as a stand alone siren with direct wiring through a make & break switch and controlled by a hidden switch...Boy is it ever loud and does it attract some attention. roll_lau

Alan S cheers!
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Thread Information