Poetic Justice
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Poetic Justice

Poetic Justice

Maybe I've just got an evil streak in me, but this was on one of my lists this morning; Here's the lead up to it so that it's in context.
    Lately, the spammers seem to have come up with a bright idea that if they join a list, they can post their crap & ram it down the throats of members of various lists. This has happened on a few occasions & often the moderator of the list doesn't notice that the garbage post eminated from the list he/she moderates prior to zapping it or just unsubscribes them. Then, next time "Sam the spam" decides it's time to make another offer you can't refuse. he/she just sends it through all over again. Something came through this list the other day that created a bit of a stir & a call for the moderator to do something as we are also tending to have an increase in viruses as the spammers come through, which have been directly linked to the lists, hence some of the concern. Here is the suggestion of a member of this list who is also a moderator on another.....I like it!!

"Rather than just unsubscribe him why not do what I do, set him to full
    moderated with no file upload privileges and individual mails, if he request
    unsubscription ignore him, most list spammers have no interest in the lists
    they spam };-> "

roll_lau roll_lau moon May be a handy suggestion for any list moderators having the same problems.

Advertisement

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Anyone good enough to sign a few spammers up on this one? Has to be individual e-mails though; check out the numbers.

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/australian_idol/

Alan S

Thread Information