My French History
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

My French History

I have owned 3 Peugeots.
    A 305 sr which was a real dog
    A 205 1.9 GTi The Mutts Nuts !
    Presently I own a Black 306 GTi6 which is even better than the 205 !
    I'm on honeymoon in Austalia soon. We're going to Sydney,Melbourne,Brisbane,Perth,Geraldton,Perth so any of you guys in these areas give us a message on where to go !

Advertisement

I sure hope you have plenty of time... that's a lot of territory to cover.

Just make sure you check out Commodore Heights while you're in Sydney, Phillip Island when you go to Melbourne, the Sunshine Coast hinterland while in Brisbane and the racing circuits that used to exist at Applecross and Geraldton when you're in the west.

How are you getting from one place to another, George? Plane or vehicle, or a mixture? There is a lot of space in between the places you mention, and a lot of interesting places to see.

Any idea how long you have around each location.? No point in mentioning two day trips, for example, if you are only going to be stopping over somewhere for a few hours.

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

GEORGE THE POM:

I'm on honeymoon in Austalia soon. We're going to Sydney,Melbourne,Brisbane,Perth,Geraldton,Perth so any of you guys in these areas give us a message on where to go !
    George, i can only really help with sydney. Working in Hospitality, its kind of my duty.
    You must see the sights, the Bridge, Opera House and Harbour can all be done i an slow 3-4 hours, including lunch. Then head to Bondi Beach (very important you mention the "beach" part), to see what the fuss is all about. All these spots are good honeymooning spots. Also ask directions to Lady Maquarie's Chair. Top view and its free!-
    If you like views, Centre Point tower is worth a visit, but id save my penies and go for dinner at SUMMIT revolving restaurant. A photographer will take pro shots of yourselves and will serve as a good special honeymoon memory (sob,..lol).
    Depending on how long you are spending in Sydney, take a ferry to Homebush (or take boring train to Olympic park) and see the whole site of the 2000 olympics. Its BIG and you will need about half a day.
    If you like to visit Pubs, try the Mean Fidler and The Great Northen, or 3monkeys in the city if you wan't to see trendy sydney on a friday night.
    Personally i wouldn't do much more in sydney, as syndney is NOT really true Australia. Get away from the city and spend more time as you planned in other places.
    We have many Guest houses and Bed n' Breakfast's that are quaint and pretty, you might wan't to cosider these in some of the beautiful places all along the EAST coast, hot top, to cool bottom!
    --cheers and congrats - chris
    ... ptui!

GEORGE THE POM
    [QB][/QB]
    George,

Have a great trip. It's quite some distance you are planning!

From a Perth perspective, I always recommend heading south into the tall timber country - Margaret River - Manjimup - Pemberton - Walpole. There's not much like it and plenty of good wine too. About 3-4 hours south of Perth and well worth a few days. Do some homework and find some of the really big Karri trees.

JohnW
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Should have a peek at Tassie, it is the best bit
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

UFO
    Pugnut403:
    And it sounds like he'd have a map with him too! blush wink
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO:
    Pugnut403:
    lol @ craig,.... wonderfuly subtle, so much tack, lovely aproach. you must be a killer with the ladies. - chris
    ... ptui!

UFO
    Chris,

I think you mean Mrs Macquarie's chair, although she may have been a lady, she was never a Lady.

Anyway, save all the bull about Bondi beach (it's only covered in Pommy and Jap tourists and NZ locals anyway) Come to the south coast of NSW - the best part of the NSW coast. Beautiful beaches, friendly people and an easy drive from Sydney. The rest of the scenery is pretty good too besides the beaches!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO:
    Chris,

I think you mean Mrs Macquarie's chair, although she may have been a lady, she was never a Lady.

Anyway, save all the bull about Bondi beach (it's only covered in Pommy and Jap tourists and NZ locals anyway) Come to the south coast of NSW - the best part of the NSW coast. Beautiful beaches, friendly people and an easy drive from Sydney. The rest of the scenery is pretty good too besides the beaches!
    Well, it depends on what map youre reading some don't even call her that, its another name all together. Some its lady some mis somer mrs.
    I highly recomend Bondi beach coz it has arguably sydney's best arts market (good for the map, ahhh misrs), sydney's famous deep fried Mars bars and hot-prawns pack, and make for good braging rights when back in the UK.
    But your 100% on getting out of sydney. South coast rocks, love places like Ulladulla etc.
    Like i said to george, sydney is not a true indication of the REAL australia. -chris

<small>[ 30 August 2003, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: CHRI'S16 ]</small>
    ... ptui!

UFO
    CHRI'S16:
    UFO:
    Pugnut403:
    lol @ craig,.... wonderfuly subtle, so much tack, lovely aproach. you must be a killer with the ladies. - chris
    Don't need to worry about being a ladykiller. Got one, married her nine years ago and now she's trying to kill me! (no seriously, she's not, just some days)
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Everybody who comes to Australia should see Tasmania. The scenery is great, the people are friendly, and the climate is fantastic. It rarely gets above 25 in summer, and it is around 8 degrees at the moment. Lovely!
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

UFO
    Pugnut403:
    Everybody who comes to Australia should see Tasmania. The scenery is great, the people are friendly, and the climate is fantastic. It rarely gets above 25 in summer, and it is around 8 degrees at the moment. Lovely!
    George would feel right at home then! Can't let him get too hot now can we?

Tassie is a lovely spot though. Will be back there one year soon. Maybe we will get the new ferry - wonder if they'll drop in to do a pick up in Wollongong? tongue Would be a shame to drive 80km to Sydney, only to have to come back past woolygong on the way to Tassie. moon
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

1000+ Posts
    Pugnut403:
    I want to go to Tasmania over summer (February probably). Up for organising a drive for me to join Pugnut403?

Derek.

I can just see the thread.

"Inaugural TAS Aussiefrogs Cruise..."

There's still SA to organise a drive, they do have froggers there too. I suspect we'll be waiting a long time for the NT cruise.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

XTC
    Pug307:
    I suspect we'll be waiting a long time for the NT cruise.
    At least they don't have to worry about being 3kph over the speed limit !!

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

You should go to some trendy bars when in sydney like kinselas in the city, permint lounge in kings cross.
    "Lotus" or "otto" restaurants in wooloomooloo.

Thread Information