Any1 been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
  • Register
  • Help

Any1 been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?

Has anyone in this forum been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?

Advertisement

I may get the opprtunity to go next year.
    My dad went last year and saw people like Jenson Button in his current F1 BAR Honda up against David Brabham in his latest Le Mans winning Bently and Ralph Firman in his latest Jordon F1

Other greats like Sir Jackie Stewart and even Montoya was there in his BMW F1, it is just an insane event with all kinds of hot american pro car imprts, awsome european touring cars and le mans racers and F1 cars, as well as moto GP bikes and more... all racing against each other .

Just wondering if any1 has ever experienced this event?
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Tadpole
    highly recommend it!
    dan the man

Cal was there only a few weeks ago. He'll be back soon and can tell you all about it.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Tadpole
    mate i posted you a message but i don't see it. my ******* server.... i highly recommend the goodwood festival!!
    dan the man

I can see your post fine dan. Thanks.

I hope cal was able to take a digi cam or somehitng with him, can't wait to find out details of what it was like and what to expect.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

There's apparently always more starters than they promote prior to the event, as they don't like to disappoint people who are out to see a particular car...

This year there was a bunch of them, in fact, it would have been almost worth going just to see the cars that weren't promoted but turned up anyway.

And you can rub shoulders (no problem mixing with the drivers!) with the likes of Dan Gurney, Phil Hill, Stirling Moss (once his hip heels), Jack Brabham, some current day drivers, all sorts of old favourites.

And, best of all, you'll see Fearless John make a run in somebody or other's famous and stupendously expensive machine... giving it nine-nine and ensuring that nobody ever get the impression he's lost his touch.

Apparently, according to a friend of mine who's been twice, he's always the star of the show.

Just seeing a W154 would be enough, but to see one in action must be wild, to see FJ driving it is beyond imagination.

Oh... dantheman... your post won't show up when you go back to the thread on some computers... no idea why... but if you refresh the screen it will be there.

1000+ Posts
    n b j, go there! I read about it in Classic and Sportscar every year, and it sounds like quite possibly the best event of its kind anywhere. I'd go there in a flash if I could...

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Thread Information