Welcome Mrs DoubleChevron
  • Register
  • Help

Yes, just noticed we have a new member, Ang you owe me a new keyboard!!! but I'm going to let you off because you gave me the best laugh I've had in a while (yeah I know I need to get out more) I was just reading your profile whilst sipping on my coffee... very funny Shane I'm sure she doesn't mean it roll_lau citroen_ roll_lau

Cheers
    Chris

Advertisement
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Tadpole
    Hi everyone!
    I guess it doesn't take too many brains to figure out who the pseudonym "Mrs Double Chevron" is.
    As a new addition to this group I am interested in discovering what the attraction is which seems to take up so much of my husband's time.
    While I do not expect to contribute much input into a topic which is largely unfamiliar to me, I can at times throw in a reminder every now and again that you do have lives(and probably most of you, wives or the equivalent) that do not include having your nose glued to a computer screen or your butt sticking out from the bonnet of a car.
    "Shane."
    "Shane!"
    "[email protected]#%^&*
    Hence the irritable, frustrated wife with the leaking taps, that heater that still doesn't work and the oily car parts that are still in the middle of the loungeroom floor on the carpet that was in mint condition when you moved into your house! mallet mallet
    I have said too much, I think I got a little worked up there, hey I feel a lot better, this is great therapy! Now what was I saying, I think I've lost my train of thought...

Oh well, enjoy your froggy conversations! blush

Ang

Original post by a very frustrated Mrs DoubleChevron
    I have said too much, I think I got a little worked up there, hey I feel a lot better, this is great therapy! Now what was I saying, I think I've lost my train of thought...

Ya got it.... were all in therapy.. you don't need a train of thought in here wink roll_lau wink

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Glad to see there are some female fellow Froggers, though I blame genetics for owning a French car (my father is a complete Pug nut). How many other female Froggers are on this Forum? You can email me privately at [email protected] if you don't want to blow your cover.

Renweave
    1976 Renault 12 1.4 wagon (Bright yellow)
    1998 Peugeot 306 XSi (white) (past)
    2006 Peugeot 307 XS HDi Touring (dark grey) (past)
    2018 Peugeot 308 HD BlueHDi Touring (Platinum Grey) (current)
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Mixte bicycles
    1970s Peugeot folding bicycle
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Gents bicycles
    Other French bikes (Gitane and Motobecane)

Send me an Email when hubby's not home.... I'll take the turbo Citroën CX
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

UFO
    Jez 405:
    Send me an Email when hubby's not home.... I'll take the turbo Citroën CX
    Uh, der!! If Shane's not home, he's probably taken the CX Turbo with him - or he's inherited his parent's trick of hiding the keys so no one (like Shane) can find them.

Now as for me, I'll have the ID19 when Shane's not looking. The Car Courier Truck will be there when you're ready Ang! (I hope Shane isn't reading this - I mean here we all are getting Ang excited about getting rid of a few cars....)

BTW Ang, could you please remind Shane in that special wifely way that all wives have, that he was going to do something about a pattern book involving a DS Cabriolet and warm feet?!?! (Not that I need warm feet now, but in Shane time, winter is not far away).

Anyway, welcome to our sad lives, must get Deb on here to rev it up a few of you guys too!

mallet
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Yes, welcome Mrs DC.

The suggestion of UFOs though could lead to another section being set up on the board, mainly to clarify terminology if nothing else.

[quote/]

"Anyway, welcome to our sad lives, must get Deb on here to rev it up a few of you guys too!"

I mean, the female mind says "and the oily car parts that are still in the middle of the loungeroom floor on the carpet that was in mint condition when you moved into your house!" Whilst the practical mind of the male thinks "carpet can be cleaned or replaced; oil on concrete leaves a permanent stain."

MPH, KPH, RPM and PMT are not all directly associated with motor cars, yet the latter could explain the reason why some cars seem happier some days than others.

A hot flush is not necessarily associated with coolant, ethylene glycol or alternatives and to suggest a trip to a radiator service company and have the system flushed through, may not be well accepted.

Performance upgrades could take on a new meaning, as could the suggestion of a cut & polish.

Cold starts may be referred to as much in summer as winter.

"Playing up" could become a term not to be used without thought.

Lack of performance could take on a whole new meaning unless the car was mentioned clearly prior to making that statement.

It would be mandatory to spit on the ground whenever mention was made regarding converting something (to emphasise masculinity & to destroy any symbolism of limp wristed tendencies) and to go to great lengths to detail the fact it was the car & not the driver that was the focus of any conversion.

Skirts would have to be stipulated as to their material (ie) fibre glass, rayon, silk etc

I could think of a few more, but may have to ad the disclaimer as on the Humour page if I did.
    As it is I'm probably in enough trouble anyway mallet roll_lau cheers!

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

I wonder if Ang subscribed to this thread?

'Cause if so: Why do we mess around with old cars ?

Thread Information