Clio Sport
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Clio Sport

Clio Sport

It is probably a long way off from now... but i have been looking around at what i would like to get as my next car. the clio sport seems like a little ripper from everything i have read.

they also seem quite cheap second hand with not very many klm's on them. i saw a 2002 clio sport with under 10,000klms for $30,000... is that the sort of money they are worth?

i thought these were a $40,000+ new car

Advertisement

Xsara, Clio's are wicked fast and a true Frog handler, but they are not the pretiest thing about, its a standout styled car, but i think your Xsara is much better looking car.
    As for pricing, its $40,000. on the road and optioned. Ive seen some 2001's for $27,000. with 30,000K.
    In 2 years i think they will be down to the $22-$25,000. mark for a good one.
    Fit wicked tyres and good pads/fluid and they are a prefect track animal.-chris
    ... ptui!

Yea I'm sorta in the same boat Xsara, been considering one as a next car too.

looks wise you either like em or ya dont. To me there not the best looking car around, but I reckon lowered a bit, with some decent looking rims and you could get one looking real sweet.

Plus there different, something not to many people have done, and pretty quick.

Only down side is the resale value.

<small>[ 28 August 2003, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Reno17 ]</small>
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Hi Xsara, I've got a MK 1 RS Clio Limited edition No.49 of 85 models imported in Oz. See Motor Magazine Oct 2001 "Bang For Your Bucks"" Special. I say no more : )

Regards Trent.

Craig has one of the very first ones that came out ao Australia he might be able to tell you more about them too....he took me for a drive around the north shore in his.
    All I can say is it was f%*#ing quick
    There are quite a few about in Sydney now. I actually saw a guy trying to race his besides a WRX too on Victoria Rd.Not sure who won?
    I was just puttering aloing in my C3... whistle

yeah i think that now i have done a more "show" car(you will see some pics later, been at work on the xsara even more) i wouldn't mind a nice "go fast" car. mates have quick cars but are generally older and rattler beyond belief.

I cant stand rattling and age in cars and for the money that i am looking to spend a good second hand clio sport is within grasp. i could go down the japanese import road and get something quick... but i am not realy interested in having an import and being like everyone else.

it would definatly be a Euro. have thought of the older Audi A4 1.8T quattro... same with the VW golf Gti aswell.

do you think the clio would be a much nicer car then any of those?

Julian

Fellow Frogger!
    FORGET the Audi. They're snail snail go the clio or why not a GTi6?

206GTI's are selling low-mid $20s as well.

There was a Clio in the For Sale section

You should ask lincoln about a Golf he had one. I drove a polo auto mach or something not long ago, it was shockingingly boring.
    A clio is a very quick car for its weight and its very equipped.
    I just hope they dont turn into what the Renault fuego now is.... cry (nothing against fuegos)BTW..

What's going to happen to the Xsara?

I suspect you'll find the Golf is boring chassiswise (are you a particularly "dynamic" driver?), but well built (I guess that would satisfy your desire for something that doesn't rattle). It's not that fast either, in fact slightly slower than the 206GTi (fractions of a second) on the 0-100km/h.

You'll probably enjoy the Clio Sport, it's a pocket rocket - not a big car though, if you're tall you'll notice it. Coming from a French car I think you'll find it's fine (a friend with a Golf kept on complaining it's built like $)(!T ) in the quality department, I think the plastics are nicer than those in the Xsara, IMHO.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Pretty sure you won't like the Audi.

AshleyT sold his Audi a4 Quattro to buy a 205GTi. Ask him which one he enjoys the most.

A mate has a Clio and he loves it.

as i said earlier i am not going to be selling the xsara yet.

standing at 170cm i dont think i would find much trouble fitting into a clio. I am "driver" of a car, i dont just hop in it and go places, i like throwing cars into corners and having abit of fun. so i guess from your reports, that rules the Audi out.

My brother had a 01 Pug 206GTI, it didn't do much for me. Not really sold on how it drives... feels abit light under the foot for me.

Gti6 is another option, hmmm. but the clio is soundling like a winner. i dont mind the way they look like it actually. just needs to sit a few inches lower.

Julian

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Julian,

why don't you get yourself a 2CV. It won't rattle, so there's no problem there (you'd never hear a rattle over all the other noises). It'd be plenty fast enough for you. Girls would love it ... Really I can only see positives. On the plus side you wouldn't need to spend bucket loads of $$$ on it, er, with 'customizations' so it'll stand out from the crowd... It already does that in the bog standard form...

Yeah, I can see that working. If you get an early one you'll even be able to wear your cap backwards while driving 'cos there's no headrests!! roll_lau roll_lau dance dance

Ooohhh Yeaahhh, I gotta get me a 2cv, anyone wanna donate to the "Get shane a 2cv" fund

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thread Information