Sydney Drive Day Photos
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    1000+ Posts

Sydney Drive Day Photos

Ahhh, the wonders of digital cameras

Advertisement

<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/derekbartlett/aussiefrogs/PhotoAlbum7.html" target="_blank">http://homepage.mac.com/derekbartlett/aussiefrogs/PhotoAlbum7.html</a>

There's too many but hey! There weren't too many drivers either - pikers!

Derek

Good to see a few 306's turned up. Unfortunatlly they seem a little sparce up here on our drives
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

1000+ Posts
    Yeah it is good hey Phasis. I'll come up some time over summer, so you'll have to organise another drive and I'll make sure I'm there ok?

Who was it who asked me if I was really in a 306 XR today? wink

Derek

thank you guys and(speedy gonzales (parry) for a good day and a good drive, i was happy that my pug was running good, and hope 2 see at the next drive day thank u

p.s i went home thought bowral and got on the m5 got home at 5.00pm dance
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Tadpole
    thanks all for the good fang. looking foward to the next one. At least now I have my aussiefrogs sticker, my car will therefore be faster next time...A track day would be great to, who is up for it?

Marcus
    1994 306 s16

UFO
    Thanks for dropping in at the Cit Tech Day guys. Sorry I didn't chat for long (if at all) I had just been having a s*&^ of a time trying to regas a sphere.

Good to put some faces to names though, and a nice collection of Pugs out front. Led to believe that DeKa is a lead foot.

Promise to try to make it on the next run.

Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

anyone got a map or directionz to show where u'z drove, some of those tracks look really good for a drive
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

1000+ Posts
    There's one more pic of tekkie's posted now.. the link is the same.

Me? Leadfoot? You try keeping up with a 205GTI in a 1.8l 306 wink parry is speedy gonzalez afterall! After he left, I just kept it up. stone and pug309 were enjoying themselves on my tail

MR206... we went from Granville to the Royal National Park via Heathcote Rd, and after the RNP stopped at Stanwell Tops. Then to Cit Tech Day. From there, headed south from Wollongong to Berry, where we turned right towards Kangaroo Valley (just past the shoppin centre). Maybe 5-10km up there, turned left at the small sign to Cambrewarra Lookout - went there for lunch. After Cambrewarra, keep going along that road till the end and turn right and go down into Kangaroo Valley. After you're up the other side of the valley, just past Fitzroy Falls turn right towards Bowral. Once you're in Bowral follow the signs to Sydney to get to the Hume Hwy.

See you all next time!

Derek
    [edit: typo in parry's name disappro ]

<small>[ 18 November 2002, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: DeKa ]</small>

Damn I love those roads!

Deka in retrospect you should have come past and taken my car for the day.

Oh well =)

I refer to previous post, sorry guys, just too shattered after a big night with the lads. My parents live down there and I've driven all of those roads...nice driving!

I'll be popping out for a quick blat soon with the new setup. Will post a message to let you know where and anyone that turns up would be cool

cheers!
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Deka, what res did you shoot at? Appears the program you're using to resize is jaggering the lines up...
    - Lincoln

cheers deka for directions those roads looked awesome for a drive might head down there when i get the chance....
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

1000+ Posts
    Lincoln

1600 x 1200

I just used Apple iPhoto and hit the homepage button which makes an album as easy as that

You are right though, the resizing is a bit jagged hey.
    I could do it manually and put it on my other webspace but to be honest i can't be bothered :p If someone wants a high res image give me a bell.

macqured, thanks for the offer I think everyone was surprised at just how well the 1.8 goes. I think it says alot for just how good a car the 306 is, regardless of the engine that's in it. Of course more power=better straight line performance, but on windy roads I guess the differences are somewhat less. Whatcha reckon, given you've owned both?

Derek

Deka - I use a little prog called ImageIndexer to resize all my photos. It is mainly used to create thumbnails but I just tell it to create 700 pixel thumbnails and drag and drop. It's pretty easy to use. I used iPhoto for a bit but didn't like it much.

Hehe you must have got a good 1.8 because mine felt like a tractor motor. Perhaps the weight saving in the XR makes the difference over the XT, I dunno. Yep the 306 is a fantastic platform, I've been thinking long and hard about a replacement and keep coming back to the idea of a third 306 (especially after that drive of tekkies!)

Did you ever see pics of my old 306? I could only find one on my machine at work;

<a href="http://www.pbase.com/image/7466934" target="_blank">http://www.pbase.com/image/7466934</a>

1000+ Posts
    macquered,

I'll try and find that imageindexer I assume its for OS X?

Maybe my 1.8 is just very well run in? It's up to 133 000km now. I haven't driven a 2L model so can't really compare though.

I hadn't seen any pics of your 1.8, no. Mine looks heaps shinier than yours was there tekkie said mine looked like a mirror yesterday - he could see the reflection of other cars driving past. That's meguiars for ya!

Is everyone a bit sunburnt after yesterday? Sheesh I've got very trendy tan lines down the right side of my face from my sunnies! Beautiful day, wasn't too hot but the sun sure was strong mallet

I reckon you should go a third 306, or else a Xsara VTS. They should drive very similarly I'd imagine.

Derek.

macquered:
    Deka - I use a little prog called ImageIndexer to resize all my photos. It is mainly used to create thumbnails but I just tell it to create 700 pixel thumbnails and drag and drop. It's pretty easy to use. I used iPhoto for a bit but didn't like it much.

Hehe you must have got a good 1.8 because mine felt like a tractor motor. Perhaps the weight saving in the XR makes the difference over the XT, I dunno. Yep the 306 is a fantastic platform, I've been thinking long and hard about a replacement and keep coming back to the idea of a third 306 (especially after that drive of tekkies!)

Did you ever see pics of my old 306? I could only find one on my machine at work;

<a href="http://www.pbase.com/image/7466934" target="_blank">http://www.pbase.com/image/7466934</a>
    Are they 205 GTI rims?
    - Lincoln

Nope =)

Guess where they came from!

Deka - yeah it's an OSX app. I have a TiG4 =)

He He He, sounds like Parry waved the flag well for us 205 guys!!

Love your work with the piccies Derek, almost feels like I was there. Similar route to the one we took last time?

In hindsight it was lucky I didn't come. Spent yesterday evening trying to get my stereo to work after it crackled and hissed itself into silence

Quick tip - if all else fails, disconnect everything then reconnect and, voila, it works again!!!! Just don't try and work out what was wrong in the first place (No it wasn't just "a loose wire")

Seems like you had a good day.

Cheers Avi81n
    1991 205 GTi (Silver)
    2005 Clio Sport 182 Cup (FRB)

The photos look great pity I missed a great day out.
    My 19 was in the shop being fixed. A small dent from about a year ago that has been indispute with the guy who ran into me and my insurance company.
    Cant wait to get it back. I have no luck with these people running into me.....

1000+ Posts
    That's a pity Daniel,

At least your car'll be all fixed up
    There will be another drive in the not to distant future.

One thing I think we should do next time is post a mobile number for people to call or text message if they aren't going to come so we don't all wait around again

My suggestion for next time is something like meet at Richmond, and do Bells Line of Road maybe to Bathurst, and Mt Panorama? How's that sound?

Derek.

Hi guys,

We need more 205's next time, just to prove that we are the fastest pugs around. Everybody said I had no brains thus no fear.

I was using both sides of the road. Awesome driving roads! Wish I couldve come all the way to Kangaroo valley.

and yes i was sunburnt!

PS: I made it back on time. also my litle Pug hit 190km/hr woohoo!!!!!

Bring on the next drive day!!!
    90 205 Gti Cherry Red(Track Car)
    2009 207gti
    1985 505gti (Shitbox Rally) Sold

PBs:

Oran Park: 1:27:9
    Wakefield: 1:05.6 (July 2015)
    Eastern Creek: 1:54 (8v) 1:48 (16V)
    Mt Huntley: 34.44 (2004 stock 205)
    Ringwood: 35.06 (30/10/2005)
    Winton: 1:33.6 (2017)

Is it possible to get Dekkas great photo of my lonely pug in the members forum. That would be a treat!
    90 205 Gti Cherry Red(Track Car)
    2009 207gti
    1985 505gti (Shitbox Rally) Sold

PBs:

Oran Park: 1:27:9
    Wakefield: 1:05.6 (July 2015)
    Eastern Creek: 1:54 (8v) 1:48 (16V)
    Mt Huntley: 34.44 (2004 stock 205)
    Ringwood: 35.06 (30/10/2005)
    Winton: 1:33.6 (2017)

1000+ Posts
    sheesh parry,

No wonder you kept disappearing at such a rapid pace in front of me on the way to Wollongong! Speedy is right on.

Both sides of the road ey. Be careful. I guess you said ya got no brains though! Stone had an interesting one on the way to Kangaroo valley.. a ute in the middle of the road. We weren't even going very fast at all.

See ya next time!
    Derek.

macquered:
    Nope =)

Guess where they came from!

Deka - yeah it's an OSX app. I have a TiG4 =)
    dunno, where?
    - Lincoln

DeKa:
    One thing I think we should do next time is post a mobile number for people to call or text message if they aren't going to come so we don't all wait around again
    Yeah, sorry about that. You posted your phone number, but I got home at 6 or so and closed my eyes for what felt like a few minutes and the next thing I know it's 2pm...oops! I didn't even stir, I woke up in a fright to meet up with you guys, looked at the time I let out a few explitives! hehe.

The Bathurst drive sounds awesome, I'll have my restored suspension by then and will be much more enthusiastic about country roads.

Parry, you're a mad man.
    - Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information