Any1 own "AL 206" ? PHWOR!!!!
  • Register
  • Help

Any1 own "AL 206" ? PHWOR!!!!

Saw it in Chatswood chase shopping center today.

It was a very hot looking silver 3 door 206 with large 17" rims, rear spoiler, WRC Front bumber, really fat exhaust and muffler, colour coded side mirrors, bumbers, door handles, etc..

and then it had the large diagonal 206 letering on the side just like the WRC...

Oh it had a massive Peugeot sticker across the top of the windscreen too.

Looked pretty HOT!!
    eek! eek!

Advertisement

oh btw, at first glance figured it was a GTi, I didn't have a good look inside, but I think it was a 3door XT or XR. Was no GTi badge on the side of the car and the Arial was comming from the front of the car. Gti's have their little arial that sticks up from the back of the car..?
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

I think I've seen that car before too. The front aerial could just be an older GTI. A way to tell is whether it has wider front fenders as the XT and XR don't have wide front wheel arches.

Did it also have the GT rear bumper?? I haven't seen a GTI in Sydney with the full kit as yet.

I have seen a black XT with the GT front bumper but kept the wheel caps!!

os

Omak.

I took a shot of the car, but it was very blurey because when I took it, the center security guard told me off and threatened to confiscate my digital cam' unless I had apporval from "center management"

Anyway, I compared the photo to a shot of my car from a similar angle and there is no difference, except this guy has put aftermarket colour coded trimming above his wheel arches.

do all 206 gtis have the GTi badge on the side?

My guess is that this car is an XR or XT.

It didn't have the big rear bumber like your 206CC, but does have the large front bumper...is that a WRC bumper or a GTi? looks like the WRC cars bumber anyway. And it had the rear spoiler that Peugeot sell as an aftermarket option, only seen a couple of 206's with this on. It was the Big fat 2 tiered WRC spolier though wink

The car still looked hot, would have loved to of heard it too, but I am disapointed that it's not a Gti unless of course my judgements are wrong...

Anyway, I placed an AF sticker (the only one i had) under his front wiper, so hopefully he will bother looking at it and maybe visit this forum
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

If it was a three door it could only be an XR or GTI as the XT as far as i knew only came as a five door
    2002 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 16v sold
    2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTI 180

1983 Peugeot 505 STI

when I bought my car over 3 years ago now, I thought there was a 3door XT, but I may have been wrong. There was also no such thing as a 1.4 liter and the GTi's looked a bit diff to the new ones too. A lot has changed, I can't rember for sure, but I thought there *was* a 3door XT

<small>[ 22 July 2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: n b j ]</small>
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

1000+ Posts
    Can I say one thing?

Rice... it sounds like all show and no go to me.

I cringe when I see a car like that. It reminds me of the pink volvo we've been discussing in another thread.

Derek.

BLK206:
    If it was a three door it could only be an XR or GTI as the XT as far as i knew only came as a five door
    That's correct.

Come to think of it, I don't think Peugeot have ever released a 3 door XT of any model in Australia.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

yeah I figured it was a Gti, if it is a Gti, sure it looks like a rice box but still goes pretty well wink and thats cool. But I think it's an XR

I don't mind subtle things done to a car. Like the small rear 206 spoiler (from peugeot) and lowered suspension and colour coded bumpers looks good. But if he spent more money buying and then doing up his car then what you pay for a brand new 206Gti or even a GTi180 evil then it's a bit stupid, I would always go for performance over looks! ANYDAY! That is provided the car looked decent to start with!

But the WRC big overhanging front bumper didn't suit the 206, I feel it made it look a little unbalanced and out of place and the car had a load of stickers on it, the big peugeot sticker across the front windscreen and the big 206 on the side looked a bit wanky.

The Exhaust wasn't a drainpipe, but it was about double or more the size of the one I have on my car and it was kind of out of place too. Espicially if the car is an XR whistle

Sure the car was riced, but it didn't make me cringe, it wasn't as over the top like all those UGLY UGLY UK 206 riced show cars with their over the top body kits and twin exhausts and all the other BS that for some reason get done to the 206's in the UK make me sick! Half of them are 1.4ltr's too! disappro
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

n b j:
    Sure the car was riced, but it didn't make me cringe, it wasn't as over the top like all those UGLY UGLY UK 206 riced show cars with their over the top body kits and twin exhausts and all the other BS that for some reason get done to the 206's in the UK make me sick! Half of them are 1.4ltr's too! disappro
    Actually, the WRC 206 doing the rounds at Peugeot dealers, events is apparently a 1.4 too

But, at least it looks a heap better than those rice cookers

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

XTC
    Pug307:
    Actually, the WRC 206 doing the rounds at Peugeot dealers, events is apparently a 1.4 too
    It didn't help they left the XR/XT headlights in and not the GTi ones ... stupid. mallet

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Thread Information