Richest Areas
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Richest Areas

Fellow Frogger!

Richest Areas

What is considered to be the most exclusive residential area of Sydney? Are the more exclusive areas generally in Sydney proper or in the suburbs? In other words, what's the most expensive place to buy a house in the Sydney area?

Advertisement

I'm asking because when we first got to Sydney we stayed at the Observatory Hotel and on our last nights in Australia we stayed at a hotel in Double Bay, Sydney. Whenever we took the taxi back to our hotel in Double Bay, the taxi driver would turn around and say, "Double Bay, Double Pay" and then laugh hysterically. Evidentally it's considered an expensive area, but an Australian travel agent here told me Double Bay is old news.

James, Double bay is expensive but its also getting to the point were they get alot of rich-wanabes, and few locals actually hang out or shop there at all ass outsiders tend to crowd it..
    Easily the most expensive spot in sydney is not far from double bay. its called Point Piper, houses start at about $5-6 million!!, and a house there was auctioned for $34 million... nice.
    Next most expensive are places like Clontarf or Beauty point, near the Mosman area's, and also places like Kiribily, North and south heads and anything near the water and on the north and upper south head land.
    then comes places like the city itself CBD, like Bond st aparments go for $2mil.., then eastern suburbs, more north suburbs, like Frenchs forest and Manly, St Ives.
    Followed by inner west and then places like Parramatta are escelating to silly high prices.
    I sydney a decent house in a good-to- average suburb is about $400,000. Its easily Australias most expensive city....
    still love it though. cheers chris
    ... ptui!

Thread Information