Superb Show Car
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Superb Show Car

UFO

Superb Show Car

I know this really should belong in the CitroŽn forum, but this car is so good, I thought more would look at it if I posted the link here:

<a href="http://www.citroensuperior.co.uk/index.htm" target="_blank">D Super 5</a>

Advertisement

Now if only I had the money to buy and transport the car. However it would come with SO much responsibility

Enjoy citroen_
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO:
    I know this really should belong in the CitroŽn forum, but this car is so good, I thought more would look at it if I posted the link here:

<a href="http://www.citroensuperior.co.uk/index.htm" target="_blank">D Super 5</a>

Now if only I had the money to buy and transport the car. However it would come with SO much responsibility

Enjoy citroen_
    STOP THIEF mallet mallet mallet mallet

(that's a Cit Bully Board "in" comment - UFO knows what I mean. deal deal

Alan S dance
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

UFO
    Sorry Al...

Yes I must credit Alan with finding the link in the first place.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Yes thanks Al OK you too Craig.... it certainly is worthy of a post on Aussiefrogs, just magnificent, not sure about $150,000.00AUD though eek!

What do you guys think about the attitude of the exterior mirrors, of all the D's I recall seeing, the mirrors are positioned landscape rather than portrait??? just looks really odd to me.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

UFO
    Hadn't noticed the mirrors - does look a bit weird though. However I understand that in the UK, mirrors get whacked off quite often by cars going the other way due to the narrower roads. That may be the reason. Can't see any other reason, but I will reflect on this later tongue

It certainly is a well prepared car, but as others have said it is "over" done. No car left the factory in that state. I suppose though as an example of what might have been it is very good.

I think it is quite unfair that he was banned from some events (unless the event rules stated that previous winners couldn't enter). If it was just a grudge against him, I wonder if the rules would be different if it was a Jag or RR winning all the time?
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

I really don't think there would have been any animosity toward him or the car, just a simple case of organisers keeping a somewhat level playing field.
    A bit like a sporting team; when they get too good, they don't get a following if it's a forgone conclusion one particular team will consistently win.
    The only reason they go in Oz is because of our well known "tall poppy" syndrome; a macbre wish to see the mighty fall. I suppose if every time you had a car show and the same stunner rolled up & walked off with the trophies, it's only a matter of time before the others lose heart. cry cry
    On the other side of the coin, one of the cars Brad does work on is sometimes offered "appearance money" just to turn up because it adds a touch of class & is something that attracts the punters, hence it is advertised that it will be there. Naturally, in those cases, it is as a display not as a contestant & I would imagine that unless this car was turning up at all the events, that he may have been in the same position. deal

Alan S cheers!

Thread Information