Sydney FCD Shots...
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Sydney FCD Shots...

Well today was fun. I spent a several hours out at the FCD and met a few fellow froggies.

I took a few shots on my digicam out there, but didn't take too many because I already had some other shots on my memory card that I coudn't delete.

I walked around, saw some lovely looking 205's and 306's and 206's and some really nice old Renault's

Advertisement

AussieFrogs had it's own little area where we had our cars, I think shot 5 shows this.

There was a good turnout, I don't know how many cars in total were there on the day, but I think it was well into the 100's

anyway, here is the link:
    Oh also I removed any numberplates that were legible, if any1 else posts some shots of the day, I think it would be a good idea to do the same...?
    <a href="http://www.nbjdesign.com/fcd" target="_blank">Sydney FCD Shots</a>
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Nice shots, yes it was a nice warm day got to 22 today! Lots of lovely rides and lots of new/old faces too.
    Nice to have met you too NBJ.
    cheers Xq

ps, i think over 200 cars, just and several nice pugs.
    ... ptui!

Didn't you take any photos of any other cars except peugeots? question mallet

Benny
    206 1.6 XT Auto China Blue in the house.

Hopefully soon to be C3...or C2.....owner.....maybe.....one day....I hope!!!!!

Never mind whether they're all Pugs or not... where are the older cars?

Surely there was some 203s, Light 15s, IDs, 750s, Gordinis, 403s, 404s, Caravelles or maybe even a 2CV?

UFO
    Ray Bell:
    Never mind whether they're all Pugs or not... where are the older cars?

Surely there was some 203s, Light 15s, IDs, 750s, Gordinis, 403s, 404s, Caravelles or maybe even a 2CV?
    Here are the Citroen stats:

We had approximately 74 Citroens on the day, not all the cars joined us on the arena, but they were there with us all the same.

There were 3 Tractions, 12 D's, 1 Dyane, 1 Mehari, 7 2CV's, 2 Arcadianes, 8 Sm's, 10 CX's, 5 BX's, 8 Xm's, 2 Xantias, 3 Xsaras, 1 Berlingo, 7 C5's and 4 C3's..
    citroen_ citroen_ citroen_ citroen_ dance cheers! a_drink

Deb and I are home now and VERY tired - a HUGE day.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Lots of lovely machines, the oes that cought my eye... At last count, i counted about 20 D's, al proudly sitting on their guts, i think about 5 Gordinis 1 who made final 6... an alpine, a Reno5, a purple 404 UTE convertion, several early pugs, nice 504 Convertible, super smick $25K 205 Classic which was No13/30(also top 6), 5 lights, 8 2cv's one which had the comical plate of VOMiiT, 4 SIMCAS,..... and the least represented (in terms of how many are on the road) car 306!!, with about only 8 total.... UFO had (BOTH!) his cars there proudly heading the Cit area. Some cars loked like they just stepped of the showroom floor, others like they just steeped of a clay/dirt rally of some kind. Very nice day... Xq

ps craig above has posted better figures from the cit sie of things...
    By the way mate, good pa work..

<small>[ 13 July 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: xqisid ]</small>
    ... ptui!

yeah the purple 405 UTE convertion was pretty cool. There were some beautiful old Cits and Renaults as well. I liked the 3 Tractions. I would have taken many more shots if I had more room for more then 5 or 6 shots on my memory card, but I had an album of shots already on the card that I couldn't delete

But it was a fun day, I enjoyed just wandering around looking at every car and chatting to owners wink Saw quite a few people out in their beret's as well hehehehe

The 205 classic was nice, so was the 205 Mi16, it had an immaculate interior and a nicely looked after engine and car in general. I had actually seen that car driving around Sdyeny before. Glad to have seen inside, under the hood and met the owner.

Was a fun day dance
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

I unfortunately had to miss the FCd in Syd this year.

How many renaults and what types?

Thanks in advance for the info

Luke
    Cheers - Luke

1990 Renault 25 V6 Baccara - Gunmetal Grey
    1974 Renault 17TS (1317) - Silver

there were Clio's, I dunno if there was the V6 Clio, I don't think there was, there were some old Renault 10's, a few other nice renaults, one was a LHD model, really nice, can't remember what it was (sorry not a renault enthusiast) but itlooked like it would be lat 60's or even early 70's, nice car though...
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

well it turn out to be a top day lots of nice cars, i don`t know who won question ,good to see that we had about 10cars from aussiefrogs and meet few more people,here a the pics that i took,

<a href="http://community.webshots.com/user/john306" target="_blank">http://community.webshots.com/user/john306</a>
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Didn't count them all but here are some Renault Stats:

1st Overall & Best Renault - Adam Spence in his R8 Gordini.

2nd Overall & best 50s Renault - Roger Copp and his lovely little 4CV.

Oldest - Renault Fregate
    Newest - Laguna V6.

Other highlights - four R10s; a Floride; about 5 feugos (one turbo); four R19's; three Dauphines (two Gordini's); Alpine A110; renaultsport Spider; two R12 wagons; R17 TS; R17 Gordini; R5 TS; three renaultsport Clio's and a normal Clio; a Scenic; another Laguna and probably others I have forgotten.

Sorry Luke; no R25's or R21s. No R4's or 16's surprisingly.

Funny how the crowds instantly gathered around the "star" cars as they turned up one after the other - Adam's R8G; the A110 and the Spider (he was even out of the car before they converged) (great stuff!)
    KB

also we should have alot of new members soon,
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

1000+ Posts
    n b j:
    Oh also I removed any numberplates that were legible, if any1 else posts some shots of the day, I think it would be a good idea to do the same...?
    n b j

Usually we don't bother hiding number plates here. My theory is enough people see our numberplates when we're on the road, so who cares. Hell I even had someone trying to *buy* my number plate today. I've got 70 something photos and I can't be stuffed editing out that many number plates! If anyone has any objections, let me know.

I'm just transferring them from my camera and uploading now.

Derek.

Cant wait till I see them Derek!

Had a great day today, so many prestine cars!
    90 205 Gti Cherry Red(Track Car)
    2009 207gti
    1985 505gti (Shitbox Rally) Sold

PBs:

Oran Park: 1:27:9
    Wakefield: 1:05.6 (July 2015)
    Eastern Creek: 1:54 (8v) 1:48 (16V)
    Mt Huntley: 34.44 (2004 stock 205)
    Ringwood: 35.06 (30/10/2005)
    Winton: 1:33.6 (2017)

1000+ Posts
    No worries. 64 photos coming up at <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/derekbartlett/aussiefrogs" target="_blank">http://homepage.mac.com/derekbartlett/aussiefrogs</a>

I haven't retouched any of them yet - some of them it's obvious the white balance was out because it was so bright

Derek.

1000+ Posts
    Ok

They're posted - in the menu at the bottom
    Gotta love .Mac for making it easy to make a photo album quickly

Derek

Derek.

Looking at the shots now, they look great!
    nice gallery!
    I agree with you re the number plate thing too wink
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Some awesome pics. The day was perfection, and family commitments (a lack of pads on my GTi) prevented me from attending.....

Chris: Did you get many questions about the GTi6 headers? They look awesome. Im sure in time you can start putting trophies on that Azenis wheel.

Ashley: Whats up with that tow hook? Is that for towing the rice boy cars in the mighty 205?

Some very nice pictures left me with a tear in the eye, so many frogs sunning themselves.
    Congratulations to the organisers and all who attended as it obviously looked like a great event.

cheers
    Tekkie

ps. does anyone have a set of OEM brake pads for GTi6 they want to get rid of?
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

It was great attending my first FCD. Good to see all the fellow Pug owners!! I only stuck around for about an hour but it was a sight to see all those classics.

Good to meet other members of this forum! Hope to join you guys in more activities.

Os

My brother rolled out there, he was pretty impressed with the turbo Fuegos, but more so with the Matra... hope there's a photo if it!

Were there many Simcas at Silverwater?

Now that I've had a look... seems like more variety than in Brisbane, I don't think there was a 15 or 17 in Brisbane at all.

What was the purpose of the TI engine on the back of the ute?

1000+ Posts
    Ray,

The 504TI engine was brought along by the owner of the new Peugeot/Citroen/Renault mechanical workshop in the old P504 site at Cooks Rd Forestville. I think the company is Frenchtech Automotive (but I might be wrong).

He had it set up and running, and was explaining how the mechanical fuel injection system works.

I thought it was a great idea

Derek

I was there, but without either of my cars. Drove my 306XSi to Bundanoon and stayed with friends overnight Sat and arrived in their 306 diesel. Who said there wasn't any R25s? There was at least one from Canberra. Also a Fuego and P504 from Canberra, so I hope to see some of you at our FCD next Sunday. The Matra was great, a real rarity! Driving home on Federal Highway near Lake George I passed a lovely yellow R12 1.4 wagon just like mine, so was sorry that I was in the 306 and he didn't recognise me as a fellow 12 owner. I was amazed at the number of Citroens at the event. In Canberra we generally have equal numbers of Renaults and Peugeots and less than 10% Citroens.
    See you next Sunday in Canberra, I hope!
    1976 Renault 12 1.4 wagon (Bright yellow)
    1998 Peugeot 306 XSi (white) (past)
    2006 Peugeot 307 XS HDi Touring (dark grey) (past)
    2018 Peugeot 308 HD BlueHDi Touring (Platinum Grey) (current)
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Mixte bicycles
    1970s Peugeot folding bicycle
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Gents bicycles
    Other French bikes (Gitane and Motobecane)

DeKa:
    The 504TI engine was brought along by the owner of the new Peugeot/Citroen/Renault mechanical workshop in the old P504 site at Cooks Rd Forestville. I think the company is Frenchtech Automotive (but I might be wrong).

He had it set up and running, and was explaining how the mechanical fuel injection system works.

I thought it was a great idea
    I'm sure it was... potential customer draw there, as people prepared to and capable of working on the Kugelfischer units are hard to find.

But what's the setup with the drive from the engine, does it run something to put it under load... is it a dyno?

sjl
    Very annoyed with myself. I weas really looking forward to going but had the bender to end all benders on saturday night and ended up on the couch all day sunday, unable to blink let alone move.

Always next year.
    "How do you like them apples?"
    306 Gti6

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information