AF Sticker Rejection!! Horror!!!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    UFO

AF Sticker Rejection!! Horror!!!

Bludy stuck up new age Pug 307 drivers!

I have noticed a nice new 307 (with P Plates) in the carpark at work. I finally got around to putting an outy sticker in the drivers window rubber yesterday at lunch time - came out after work and said sticker was on the ground. Ah well I thought, the wind must have blown it off. So I put it firmly back as I went to my car to go home.

Came in this morning and the sticker was on the ground! Phillistine!!!!! mallet

Advertisement

So, if you see a white 307 with P plates and Euro Rego plate on NXL03L show them what you think of them whip
    evil
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

XTC
    UFO:
    Bludy stuck up new age Pug 307 drivers!
    One should never forget ones origins
    whip

Stick em again !!

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Write them a note explaining why you've given them the sticker... they probably don't recognise the Peugeot logo on the sticker.

Philistines, true, but maybe they can be won round.

XTC
    Ray Bell:
    Philistines, true, but maybe they can be won round.
    And litter bugs to boot !! whip

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

I think you should face it, the buyer of a 307 probably couldn't give a shit about a niche internet forum like this.

They probably bought it for different reasons that you or I might have done with our cars.

Personally, I'm ashamed to have a Peugeot badge on our 307. It is a dissapointing car to me, but Mum loves it. I'll go as far as saying that it would be dissapointing even if it were a Toyota or Honda etc.

Thats Blasphemous isnt it? You should have you car impounded for making comments like that! :p tongue whip

Benny roll_lau
    206 1.6 XT Auto China Blue in the house.

Hopefully soon to be C3...or C2.....owner.....maybe.....one day....I hope!!!!!

1000+ Posts
    Craig Craig Craig...

You obviously don't have my touch tongue

Try leaving one of Phasis' new flyers on the windscreen with it

Derek.

Ben....beleive me, it hurts to say it =)

I am in a unique situation, because I have both a 306 and 307 in the same garage, so you can't help but compare. In comparison, the 307 is terribly dissapointing to drive.

I've mentioned it in another thread, but I much prefer driving our Auto NA Saab 9-3, and also our old auto Subaru Liberty wagon (work vehicle) feels superior to drive, particularly in steering feel.

UFO
    DeKa:
    Craig Craig Craig...

You obviously don't have my touch tongue

Try leaving one of Phasis' new flyers on the windscreen with it

Derek.
    I will try the flyer, but I do have "the touch". In the seemingly hundreds of sticker slaps I have done I have never had a rejection cry

Me sad now cry cry
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

The melodrama, the melodrama!!

The 307 does have fairly light steering, for a Peugeot, but it also depends on how run in the car is. I've found that the car when new had a very computer game like feel, but it's become more normal over time. For those used to other Peugeots, it does feel light.

It's still a relatively capable machine though. I doubt the old 9-3 can be punted with the same level of accuracy as the 307, even if the 307's steering is light. If you can overcome the light steering, it's really not that bad at all. Not like a 306, but still better than most in its class. You just have to get over the issue of feel.

There is no doubt that steering feel is very important - it's amazing at how good steering feel makes a car suddenly feel more nimble, etc - but this is just perception. To be honest, if you want worse steering feel - there are plenty more out there.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Pug307:
    I doubt the old 9-3 can be punted with the same level of accuracy as the 307, even if the 307's steering is light.
    About a month ago, I would have guessed the same thing. Last night I drove the 307 home from work, and then 20 mins later drove the 9-3 for about an hour. The 9-3 immediately felt more accurate on the road, and I felt I could place it anywhere on the road. It also had a quicker turn-in, although with lower grip. Minor points, but the 307 feels comparitively daggy in that regard.

Also some general thoughts, not comparing anything in particular.

Seating position: You sit high on the road but too damn low *in* the car. I find myself reaching for the seat hight lever just to check that I have it in the highest position.

Gearshift: Man, could they engineer a crooker feeling shift mechanism? It feels like porridge! Again a small point but to me this is crucial in car that is supposed to be fun to drive. Jap manufacturers have this down pat. Why is the 307 gearshift worse than the 306 gearshift? It was bad enough as it is.

Gear ratios: There is a hole at around 20 kmh where 1st is silly and power in 2nd is unobtainable. This is especially noticable when trying to duck through a busy intersection with 5 people in the car. It's bloody dangerous.

Suspension: Jiggly, hard....but well controlled. The rear suspension feels especially hard, obtrusively so. Bump thump and roar is noticably louder than the 306. In general, the suspension is adequate but nothing special, and this goes against the grain of Peugeot methodology (I'm impressed I can come up with words like that after a Friday liquid lunch)

Interior ergonomics: Can't quite go on here as some people love it. I prefer the plastics of the 307, but the ergonomics of the 306. Furthermore, I prefer the ergonomics of the 405 to the 306. See a pattern here? Keen to drive a 403 to compare wink

Dashboard guages: Hard to read quickly, even though they are bigger than the 306.

Stereo: Piss-poor effort for something that seems not to be easily upgraded. The buttons on the head unit are confusing. I'm usually a button freak, and it took me about 20 seconds to work out how to turn a CD on while the radio was playing.

Clutch: Light, but difficult to action smoothly. Vague feel.

Brakes: Too sensitive, but are amazing when pressed.

It is still good value for a $25,990 car though, and if people were in the market for 'a car' then I would certainly recommend it. If people were in the market for a practical car that is fun to drive (ala 306) then I would have to point them in the direction of the Holden Astra, Xsara, 147, Focarse etc

<small>[ 11 July 2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: macquered ]</small>

What tyre pressures are you running?

Just a thought...

I just knew this would turn into a 307 bagging. I am so NOT surprised by the sticker rejection. 307 owners are, as a general rule, not French car enthusiasts.

Justin will keep justifying the 307. Brenno will bag it. I'll bag it too. The 307 just isn't good enough.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Gee, the poor old 307 - all this melodrama wink

Even the press like it more than all you former 306 drivers

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    Pug307:
    Gee, the poor old 307 - all this melodrama wink

Even the press like it more than all you former 306 drivers
    yes but once you have had the joys of driving one of peugeots finest it's hard to settle for anything less
    once bitten forever smitten should be the catch phrase for the 306
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

pugrambo:
    once bitten forever smitten should be the catch phrase for the 306
    Vauxhall had the slogan.

Once driven, forever smitten
    Don't know how many Cavalier drivers thought that

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Well, they did reckon the 30/98 gearbox serenaded you as you drove...

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    30/98 would be the only vauxhaul i would ever own IMHO
    went for a ride in one once and loved it
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Find me a gearbox for one and you can name your price...

Tadpole
    In recent years the French car industry had to deal with a lot of pressure from consumers but also from the French gvt, reason is death toll was way to high (8.500 twice the UK for the same population) They wanted them to make safe cars and less sporty,too many kids killed themselves in their 205/309 GTIs, they also had to change their communication which was mainly based on speed, oneof the results of that is that now their new cars are less " fun " to drive if you compare to the older ones, but believe it is not because they can't do it, it was done on purpose. I don't think they'll make cars like in the 80's, at least that is what a friend told me, he works for them at the conception dept. disappro

Yassine,

This is very true, I see what you mean, but they still do and I honestly think will continue to have their sporty models. Just take the 206 RC (GTi180) for example. Much anticipated and I doubt we will be let down.

I know there's rumours (I think it may even be confirmed now) that the new WRC will be a 307, this of course has shocked me and left me puzzled, but I can see this model evolving over the years into more of a drivers car.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Originally posted by yassine
    In recent years the French car industry had to deal with a lot of pressure from consumers but also from the French gvt, reason is death toll was way to high (8.500 twice the UK for the same population) They wanted them to make safe cars and less sporty,too many kids killed themselves in their 205/309 GTIs, they also had to change their communication which was mainly based on speed, <strong>one of the results of that is that now their new cars are less "fun" to drive</strong> if you compare to the older ones, but believe it is not because they can't do it, it was done on purpose. I don't think they'll make cars like in the 80s, at least that is what a friend told me, he works for them at the conception dept. disappro
    Oh absolutely brilliant!

Make the cars less responsive, less capable of being evasive when the big hit's coming!

If they want to attack the 'road toll' in France, they need first to stop ambulance drivers from using their sirens when on family picnics.

Making cars less capable of getting out of trouble is hardly the way to make things safer!

Just on the sticker rejection thing,- i once had a flyer put on the window of my old Bathurst Alfa, which i chucked out right away.
    I hated the internet then, and thought it was just for geeks and nerds who don't have a life. I thought it was time that i could use fixing the alfa or driving it till i broke something, which could be on a daily basis... Now im really hooked on this site.
    Perhaps that 307 owner ins't concerned about the net, i know its still considered quite a gooby thing to be into computers, rich nerds like Gates don't help the stereotypes either.... just a thought. Xq
    ... ptui!

Maquered wrote:
    Last night I drove the 307 home from work, and then 20 mins later drove the 9-3 for about an hour. The 9-3 immediately felt more accurate on the road, and I felt I could place it anywhere on the road. It also had a quicker turn-in, although with lower grip. Minor points, but the 307 feels comparitively daggy in that regard.

Suspension: Jiggly, hard....but well controlled. The rear suspension feels especially hard, obtrusively so. Bump thump and roar is noticably louder than the 306. In general, the suspension is adequate but nothing special, and this goes against the grain of Peugeot methodology )
    Ray Bell:
    What tyre pressures are you running?

Just a thought...
    Funny, that's exactly what struck me too, Ray.

Sounds like a car with too much air in the rear and something erratic in the front. Haven't driven a 307, but most comments I've seen have been pretty positive about its pointability.

Cheers

Rod

<small>[ 12 July 2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Rod Hagen ]</small>
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

That's a pretty accurate description of how the 307 XSi in this household feels too. Pobbably something to do with the 17" rims they throw on it. But it's far from being supple "French".
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information