Is this where we're heading?
  • Register
  • Help

Is this where we're heading?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I was pointed at this by someone overseas. It's a guys opinion of the UK today.
    I haven't posted it to start a long & boring string based on Political preferences or bigotries but as an item of interest so that we can see what other people think of things happening in other countries & the way we seem to getting maouvereed into similar positions & the potential for what we see happening in the UK to be us in a few years.
    The level of service, peoples attitudes and court decisions are all dicussed, so whilst it's a somewhat "prickly" article, as I repeat, read it for what it is....'there but for the grace of God go I' type of subject and not one intended to give anyone with any hang-ups a reason to vent their spleen.

Advertisement

<a href="http://www.chris-longhurst.com/cometobritain.html" target="_blank">http://www.chris-longhurst.com/cometobritain.html</a>

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Do the words 'whinging pom' come to mind?

No, I sincerely doubt we could ever see it that bad...

Geez, what a cheery bloke!

I wonder how he'd handle living in Johannesburg.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Probably depends on how many Mormons there are there...

The reason I posted this was that according to some people we all know & respect on this forum, it's a fairly accurate assessment of how it is over there.
    The other part is, that obviously unbeknowns to most, much of their draconian legislation as it refers to motoring is already under consideration here in Australia. That's not heresay, that is what I have been involved in trying to put the brakes on over the past couple of months, so they are things in black & white & are in fact being recommended to various Government Ministers at State & Federal levels by their advisers.
    I'd suggest that rather than just bagging the guy, read it, absorb it & just sit back & keep your eyes, ears, & minds open and observe what is being discussed at various levels of Government, you may get a surprise. After all, it was from this source that we got, speed cameras, red light cameras, zero speed tolerances and are presently considering curfews, passenger limitations as well as power to weight ratio limitations amongst a raft of other "tried & (un)poven for safety" money raking measures.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

At least the governments aren't as bad as the CAMS...

They've just announced that there will be no increases in insurance costs for events held in the coming year.

Fail to point out, however, that there will be a $100,000 excess on each and every claim. Now it becomes important for every organiser for an event to ensure that the CAMS cover this excess if need be, otherwise I guess the club or organiser will be up for the costs if there's an accident and someone's hurt.

But even then, it still means the money comes out of the pockets of CAMS members.

its hard to know how far they will go really?! eek! I wonder which world all these decision makerslive in and why they make any of the decisions they do!? I for one am a bit scared of these people crossing the line of freedom. Information collection is only good for control, not for crime reduction. Scary scary stuff cry
    Y^O^Y Banzai

Thread Information