buckled alloy rim.
  • Register
  • Help

buckled alloy rim.

hi guys,

Advertisement

i remember (vaguely) someone posting a thread about damaging a rim on a pot hole.

last saturday night (whilst driving along the westgate) i managed to drive into the grand canyon of pot holes. it buckled my rhd front rim. it is not round any longer cry .

its been mentioned to me that i can claim the expense of a replacemnt rim from the associated council. is this true? if this is so, how do i go about this?

not happy, jan
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

There are companies in each State who "Roll" alloys.
    Prices I've been quoted range from $60 min to $150 to infinitum. The reason being, it's almost a monopoly situation hence they charge what they want.
    As far as getting reimbursement from the local Council goes, I'd suggest that starting at the local councillor would be a good starting point or if you're a member of the equiv of RACQ/NRMA or know someone who is, get their advice. Dates, times & witnesses will be a must and don't be surprised if they spend the price of your car fighting it because of the "precedent" paying you out would set. deal deal
    Good luck; you may need all you can get.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Not sure on making a claim.
    However the wheel may be repairable, try Advanced Alloy Wheel repairs,
    3 Nellbern Rd
    Moorabbin
    VIC, 3189
    Australia

Ph: (03) 9555 6893
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

Dave (MY4) damaged his rim on a water board man hole. He just contacted them and they reimbursed him for a replacement him. He got the rim repaired in the end, though.

If you have trouble with the claim you can go through your insurance company for it. I would tend to do that as it's easier.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

I can vouch (is that how u spell it?) for Advanced alloy wheel repairs, I had slid into a gutter side on and they mad that wheel look better than the rest of them!
    205 GTi (S2 ) rolled

'96 306XR "Sex" Black

XTC
    pugjet:
    its been mentioned to me that i can claim the expense of a replacemnt rim from the associated council. is this true? if this is so, how do i go about this? not happy, jan
    It's not common, but get a photograph of it ASAP, along with all the details - if they fail to fix reported faults then yes they *might* admit some sort of liability - but as soneone else said councils tend to spend for more on litigation then necessary ... a series of rose bushes are going to the supreme court here ... glad it's not my rate payers money !

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

guys, thank you for your replies.

just an update:

because the "incident" happened on the Westgate Freeway, it falls under VICROADS' responsibility, and not a council.

a letter was sent accompanied by photos of the damaged wheel, photos of the "alleged" pothole and a quote for a replacemt wheel.

The incident happened on Saturday the 5th at approx. 6PM. Photos were taken on Tuesday the 8th. Whilst taking photos, I was approached by a person dressed in a VICROADS safety vest. He questioned my presence and was not forthcoming with his name.

More photos were to be taken on Thursday the 10th, however, upon further inspection the pothole had been "covered up".

frign hell.

I have to try and prove that VICROADS' contractor is liable for the damage to my vehicle, and not them... pigs fly mallet .

I'll have photos up soon.

It is still under "investigation".
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Bloody melbourne roads...they friggin suck. The motto for road works contractors must be 'dont do it right the first time so repairs will be needed $oon'....when i lived in Europe, i never saw so many road works, potholes and f#*!' up roads

yeah just an update.

ive tried persuing compensation several times and still to no avail - they document that i still havent proven that their contractor is liable for any damage... mofos.

im not gonna persue it any longer.

the end.

im not even gonna bother posting pics as im pissed off (as it is) and im gonna have a bloody ulcer if i dont get over it soon.

im gonna also have to get the wheel straightened (at my expense) as a replacement rim will cost $530 bucks - besides, they dont make it anymore mallet

right now i'd like to walk into a vicroads office and give everyone chinese burns on their forearms and nipple cripples cry
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

XTC
    pugjet:
    ive tried persuing compensation several times and still to no avail - they document that i still havent proven that their contractor is liable for any damage... mofos.
    Got a lawyer friend ? Found letters writting on legal letter head tend to get more attention.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Thread Information